Very painful m/c in May, ttc again, painful periods like m/c

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Very painful m/c in May, ttc again, painful periods like m/c

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm 27 and DH is 33. We found out we were pregnant in May of 2013 and at almost 7 weeks, I miscarried. We weren't trying to concieve at the time. I started bleeding early in the morning on the 5th of May. I went to the doctor and he did an ultrasound. We could see the gestational sack but no baby. I started passing clots and knew that I was miscarrying. I was in a lot of pain (uterus contracting and severe cramping and blood clots) and ended up having the miscarriage naturally (didn't have a D&C).

We decided to wait a couple of months to try again and give my body a chance to heal. My periods after that were nothing out of the ordinary. They stay on a pretty normal schedule of every 26 days. We started trying to conceive at the end of September. I got my period October 8th and it was AWFUL! The only time I bled was when I sat down on the toilet and clots of blood (some dime size, some quarter size) just fall and roll to the bottom of the toilet bowl. I experienced the clotting the first full day along with excruciating cramping. I literally felt like someone was twisting my insides. The second day the pain was mild and it felt more like a normal period.

The next cycle came and I was using opk's and charting temps etc to make sure we had the best chance of getting pregnant. Yesterday, November 3rd, the exact thing happened, except worse. It felt identical to my miscarriage but I took tests and was not pregnant. Blood clots and excruciating cramping pain. I also felt nauseous (bc of the pain?) and I was peeing frequently and it didn't feel like much would come out most of the time. It carried on to this morning and I finally gave in and went to my doctor. He's running tests and I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I just wondered if anyone had experienced this? Painful periods and clotting to this extent, I feel isn't normal!!!! Any advice or has someone else experienced this after already having miscarried?
Me: Kasey 27
DH: Josh 33- Testicular cancer in 2011- Orchiectomy (no radiation or chemo)
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
M/C: 5/5/13 (7w)
BFP- 4/9/14- One year exactly after our loss.
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
12-12-14- Remington was born!
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Very painful m/c in May, ttc again, painful periods like

Postby GWTW » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 am

I just wanted to say, sorry for your loss! I can't comment on painful periods after a miscarriage because I just miscarried a couple weeks ago and I have yet to have a period. I do hear they can be worse for a couple months especially the first...but in your case to have normal periods and now painful seems strange. Could it have been a chemical pregnancy, but by the time you tested it was negative? Were they on time? Maybe the ladies that have more experience can help you.

That is good you are seeing your doctor to get it checked out.
Me:35 DH:40

TTC since March 2013
BFP Sept 2013 m/c Oct 2013 @ 8 weeks

BFP Feb 2014
GWTW
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Thank you, GWCW! I took multiple pregnancy tests and got all negatives! So I don't think it was a pregnancy. Although it definitely felt like my miscarriage. Hoping to get answers! I am so sorry to hear about your m/c! It is a rough thing to go through. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to get ahold of me anytime. It's nice to talk to someone who understands.
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CarlyRose3 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Oh I'm sorry you're experiencing this! I had a m/c in September and then got my period Oct. 20th. During my m/c I had all the same symptoms you did, the massive clots, the pain, the contractions but I can't say my period was any different afterwards unfortunately. It lasted a day longer than it normally would. I'm usually 5-7 days this time it lasted about 8 but it was my normal period. Mild cramps, normal bleeding, etc. I do know two women though who have periods like you're describing. They'll pass very large clots and have to call in sick to work for a few days because they're bleeding so heavily/in so much pain but I don't know if they've ever had a m/c. Sorry you're going through this!
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Thank you for your input CarlyRose!! I am so sorry to hear about your m/c also. I had normal periods for a few months after the m/c! It's just been the past two since we have been actively trying to conceive. My doctor said that blood work and ultrasound looks great and perfectly normal! Thank God. If I have another awful period then he can do a procedure to look into it more! Thanks for all the sweet words :)
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby leliajane » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm in a very similar situation. Also got pregnant in May, had a missed miscarriage around 10 weeks and a D&C at the end of July. My first two periods were also okay, but my most recent (the third since the M/C) was BAD. I had the same issue with not bleeding unless I was on the toilet, although my clots were much smaller. It just seemed like the flow was entirely small clots. The "bleeding" was pretty light, but my cramps were truly awful and lasted for 6 days. I'm sorry I can't offer advice, just wanted you to know that someone else is going through the same thing. Best of luck.
leliajane

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Thank you for the reply, Lelia! It's nice to know that someone else has experienced what you have, even though I'm sorry you had to go through it too.

Have you been to the doctor? I got my blood tests and my ultrasound results back today and my doctor said that everything looks great. Which I am so thankful for but I'm also frustrated at why I'm going through all of this now. Are you trying to conceive?
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby leliajane » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm

You're very welcome. We are TTC. This is our third cycle post m/c. I didn't get a LH surge until cd18 after this bad period - which is pretty late for me. Are you using o sticks?

I haven't been to the dr yet. I feel kinda "doctored out" at the moment but if I have the bad cramping and clots again for the next period, I will definitely go in and will let you know what I hear. :)
leliajane

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:08 pm

We are on our 3rd cycle trying since the miscarriage also! I used opk's the 2nd cycle and I got positives on cd 13. My cycles are normally 26 days-28 days! This cycle I haven't been temping and I'm not sure ill use opk's. I just want to get back to the old fashion way of making babies! Lol! Too stressful constantly symptom spotting and dwelling. Keep in touch and good luck to you!!!!
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.Hacker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 am

Hey ladies! How is everyone?
Married since 9/7/2012
TTC #1
Beta 1 (15dpo)- 346
Beta2 (19dpo)- 2,760
Mrs.Hacker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss