TTC after blighted ovum

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after blighted ovum

Postby MrsW2013 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm

My husband and I decided we wanted a baby and had our first try in September. We were so happy when I got my BFP. It was my first pregnancy and I couldn't help but have a feeling that something was wrong. I had some cramping but never any bleeding, so the nurse assured me it was probably uterine growing pains. I tried to remain positive because everyone else was. Our first scan was at 8 wks 2 days. We were so excited to see our little miracle and a heartbeat, but I still had this feeling that it wouldn't end well, but I just thought all pregnant women have these thoughts. As soon as I saw the screen for the US I knew something was wrong. There was this nice gestational sac, but unlike all the other pics I had seen, mine was just a black hole. We were devastated. They did a follow up scan to be sure and saw that my sac measured 6 wks 5 days, and if my HcG was low enough than it could be possible I was off on my dates, but I was 100% sure of my dates. My HCG came back at 89,000, so it was way too high to not see anything in the sac. Since I had no symptoms of miscarriage, my doctor recommended the D&C to end the pregnancy so I could recover physically and emotionally. I had the D&C and 4 wks later finally had a follow up to check my levels because my period still wasn't here. My HCG was still 19.2, but it was a happy moment for us because we knew it wouldn't be long until we could start TTC again. 5 wks after the D&C we DTD just for fun. The next morning I had a strong urge to take an OPK. I took it for fun and well...it was positive. I'm going out of my mind wondering if we caught that egg. I have no idea when my period was going to show up as it was already late. They say 4-6 wks, so Christmas Day would be 6 weeks since the D&C and also two weeks from when I ovulated. I want to think with my heart and faith that God is trying to give us a special Christmas present, but I am also scared. What if I am pregnant and I miscarry again because we got pregnant too soon? I will be a tad disappointed if AF shows up, but also happy to have AF so I can get my cycles back on track. Today is 6 dpo, on my last pregnancy I had a few symptoms this early. I am pretty sure I felt implantation, I had a lot of discharge at first (I guess my body was making that CM plug), and my nipples felt like needles were pricking them when my bra rubbed on them. I'm afraid to over analyze my symptoms. Anyone else hoping for a rainbow baby BFP on Christmas?
MrsW2013

Re: TTC after blighted ovum

Postby LK1123 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi MrsW, I am also hoping for a rainbow baby BFP but just before Christmas, although AF is due Christmas Eve. My first pregnancy almost 7 years ago was a blighted ovum as well and although unplanned, it was devastating for me. I had a chemical a couple of years ago, and just lost my first planned for pregnancy with my DH this past July which I have to say was absolutely the hardest of them all. I have PCOS so we knew ttc would prove difficult, but I really felt that God was giving us our beautiful take home baby, but he/she was called home to be with him and I know I will get to hold my babies for eternity in heaven and that helps ease the pain. We quit the fertility meds after our loss and this is our first month back on them. I'm feeling hopeful, but I know exactly what you mean by being nervous about getting pregnant again. I think as hard as it is, it's best to leave it all in God's hands and pray for that special baby when His timing is right :) I'll be praying for you and hope you get that special Christmas present!
Me, Lindsay, 32 / DH, 34
Married 11.23.12
Me - Dx PCOS 2006(?) (on Femara); hypothyroidism 2013 (Synthroid 25mcg)
:angel: 07/02/13
:angel: 12/25/13

"Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her!" Luke 1:45

My Ovulation Chart

LK1123
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delightfuldoula » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:37 pm

I had a blighted ovum in Aug. I too right from the start just kind of knew something was wrong. I was not feeling pregnant enough. I had an ultra sound when I started to spot and it showed a 6 week sac but no baby :cry: It took about 6 weeks to get my first af and I got pregnant that cycle, my first cycle after my m/c. Praying you have a rainbow baby and a nice bfp for Christmas.
Me 30 DH 35
Vasectomy July 29/2009
Reversal Dec 19, 2011

DD JULY 11 2006
DS Sept 13 2007
DD Nov 29 2008
DD Jan 17 2010

DS Nov 29 2012
DD July 11, 2014
Angel baby Aug 9 2013
delightfuldoula
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kandii » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm in the middle of the blighted ovum hell. I start spotting last Tuesday and was completely freaked out. I have been spotting for a week now. I had an US last week that showed a gestational sac but no yolk sac and no baby. Devastating is really the only word I could use to describe the situation. I should have been 8weeks5days the day of the US.
Right now I'm just sitting around waiting to miscarry. My hcg levels last Wednesday were 8100, then Friday they increased by only 100 or 200 I believe the doctor said.
I go for more blood work Thursday to see if those levels will drop below 8000. If they don't and I don't naturally miscarry by Friday then I will have to go get another US done and possibly a D&C next week. So frustrating.
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss