Why wait a cycle after mc?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Why wait a cycle after mc?

Postby FourOrFive » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 am

Hi bluebell! I am in the same situation. I had a chemical pregnancy (low beta levels 12 dpo, remained low 18 dpo, 0 by 22 dpo). It really was like a normal period and I had an ultrasound to make sure nothing was there. My RE actually gave me a choice between taking a cycle off or not. For me, waiting a full cycle then another 2 weeks to ovulate is just too much emotionally for me to handle. He respected that and told me there was no medical reason/risk in not waiting. This is because ultrasound was clear, levels never got high and they are no confirmed 0.

I take letrozole to help me ovulate because I don't regularly on my own, so I know when expect ovulation even if my cycle changes because of the early miscarriage. I will be monitored this cycle with ultrasounds around ovulation to make sure lining is ok and to check follicles.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted ...we can be cycle buddies :D
Me:29.5, Boyfriend:32.5
TTC #1, cycle #4
Letrozole 2.5 mg, cd 3-7 because I don't ovulate on my own, has helped me ovulate cd 13-15. No other issues- Dr. says we are both A+ for everything else...

BFP 1/3/14, chemical pregnancy 1/10/14.

Baby dust and all the best to all the strong ladies on this most difficult journey
FourOrFive
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FourOrFive » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 am

Yes in the USA. Beta is just the blood test of how much hcg is in your system.

So what cycle day are you? I am day 5. Ultrasound day 12 and 14 to see what is going on. Fx for is both!
TTC #1, cycle #4
Letrozole 2.5 mg, cd 3-7 because I don't ovulate on my own, has helped me ovulate cd 13-15. No other issues- Dr. says we are both A+ for everything else...

Baby dust and all the best to all the strong ladies on this most difficult journey
FourOrFive
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FourOrFive » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:45 am

Ha good idea about not testing! I am monitored by my doctor so we do blood work and I don't even both with the home tests. No tmi here!!! Glad we can be cycle buddies we are only a few days apart.

The ultrasound will check my lining and number/size of follicles during the days I should be about to ovulate so really anxious for those results!!
TTC #1, cycle #4

FourOrFive
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss