Could this be? or no? First cycle after d&c

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Could this be? or no? First cycle after d&c

Postby haven12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey guys! I got pregnant in November/December and had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks at the end of January (baby only grew to 6.1). I had a d&c on January 22. I was told not to have sex for at least 3/4 weeks and that my period should come around 4 weeks after d&c. I've continued to chart so I will know what's going on with my body. I waited 3 1/2 weeks to have sex and didn't use protection becuase I thought my period was about to come. Well, around 4 weeks and 2 days, I ovulated (according to my chart). I had sex the night before I ovulated so there is a chance that I could get pregnant. My question is.. I'm only 5dpo and I wiped early and saw 2 tiny light pink spots. I've also had cramping and back pain today. I KNOW this is super early for any of that. I'm not one to symptom spot. If I say I have it, it's there! The only other time I've had a light pink spot was before I found out I was pregnant the last time. Has anyone had spotting this early and get pregnant? Also, I thought maybe the d&c is making things go a little funny? Anyone have experience with this?
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Could this be? or no? First cycle after d&c

Postby Babybear16 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 pm

hi haven, I'm so sorry for your loss, it's truly a hard thing to experience, I went through a m/c back in sep, baby stopped at 8w3d had d/c, I was suppose to be 10w, anyways it's been almost 6 months since and every month gets harder, dh and I thought back in December we were blessed cuz I had some pink spotting that was kinda like ewcm, sry tmi but the m/c messed my cycles and I'm finally getting back to normal, I think lol not to say this will happen to you I truly pray this is it for you!! do you have any other symptoms? I didn't want to read and run, it can be a lonely journey we've been trying for a year and half now, keep me posted! I'd love to hear if you get your bfp!
Babybear16
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

That was just part of the weird after d&c cycle and not related to BFP. I finally got my period around 5.5 weeks after d&c and now I'm waiting for ovulation. It normally happens on CD 18 but who knows what will happen this cycle. Good luck to you!!!
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kmkhaler17 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:00 am

haven...any positive opk yet? what cycle day are you now?
Kristie - - - - sticky baby dust!!!
ME: 31 (eek now I have to worry about healthy eggs :()
DH:32
DD:4
DD: 3
TTC # 3
9/30/2013 MIRENA OUT AFTER 2.5 YEARS
Started TTC October 2013
My Ovulation Chart

BFP - 12/22/2013
EDD - 09/2/2014
1-31 - Angel Baby 7wks 3 days (found out at 9 week appointment)
2-3 d&c done - cleared to try again.
Cycle #3 after D&C
kmkhaler17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haven12 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 am

Hey! I had positive OPKs on Wednesday & yesterday but I haven't had a temp rise yet so I'm praying that it goes up tomorrow morning. I had a positive one last month too and I'm still not sure I ovulated (wasn't temping). I've had some pain around my right ovary since the miscarriage but I've had pain in my left ovary around ovulation both this month and last month so I'm not sure if I have cyst or what's going on with my right one. I almost always ovulate with my right one so it's been a little weird that 2 months in a row my left one hurts around the positive opk days. I'm on CD 19 now. Where are you? Hope you get a positive opk soon!
haven12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss