How to choose

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How to choose

Postby rantelope » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am

I hope this won't be upsetting to anyone that has gone through a loss recently. We found out yesterday that our beans heart has stopped (we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, at 9 it was gone). I am trying to decide whether the wait and see if I miscarry naturally, go in for mm or choose d and c. I am of course concerned about pain, but my main concern is the recovery time and being able to ttc again soon. I can barely concentrate today for obvious reasons, and my head is swimming trying to figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rantelope

Re: How to choose

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

I am sorry for your loss.

I wish I could offer some advice but I barely remember my 2004 loss and the other 2 the choice was made for me.

It is a tough place to be. I hope you can find some peace and comfort as you go through this.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby The_Mrs » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi rantelope.

Let me start off by saying I am so sorry for your loss. I recently went through a similar experience where our baby's heart stopped beating about 8.5 weeks. I really wasn't offered a choice, but I had a D&C procedure after already bleeding pretty heavily for about a week. The pain was non-existent and I had minimal spotting for a few days.

What I will mention is that I am currently 6 weeks post D&C and no period or positive OPK yet. I couldn't tell you if it would be any different if I miscarried naturally, but something to consider. The doctor said we can try after 1 period, so I am anxiously awaiting this.
The_Mrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rantelope » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:58 am

Thanks for the replies. Well, I decided to opt for mm and went in this morning. Despite repeatedly telling various staff that I'm breastfeeding and asking whether it is safe, I was still in my hospital gown and about to begin the procedure before one of the midwives decided to look into the safety and side effects of the drugs while breastfeeding. She said there was little evidence, but if the drugs were passed through the milk then there is the possibility of side effects like vomiting, upset stomach and even heart palpitations. It wasn't worth the risk to me. So now I'm waiting it out. I really feel like I've been left to make this decision without being properly informed, even when I was asking directly for specific info.
Thanks again
rantelope

Postby B Michaelson » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:02 am

Wow, that was unprofessional of them. I hope your body will help you along soon.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby whitepolish22 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:45 pm

I chose to miscarry naturally even though it took 3 weeks to finally start. i worked a very active and demanding job the 3 days it happened and i was fine. its a personal decision that only you can make.
whitepolish22
Friend

Return to TTC After a Loss