BFPs after a D&C? I need advice and hope :'(

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFPs after a D&C? I need advice and hope :'(

Postby HopingForSage » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:10 am

In late November I had a D&C for a 12 week loss. (No complications or infection). I have physically healed, but my heart is still beyond broken.
AF returned 4 weeks later and has been regular (28d cycle). My hubby and I tried again in February, but I think we missed my fertile days. We tried in March, and I honestly thought I had a strong chance.. I was using opks and had symptoms.. But AF actually came 2 days early.
So this cycle is our last chance to conceive for 12 months, as he'll be deployed.
I bought a clearblue digital opk (not the advanced one as I read bad reviews) and I may buy conceive plus.
If any of you have been in this situation, is there any more I can do to maximise our chances? I know this gets asked so much but I'm desperate
I'm scared I won't be able to conceive again.
I know it takes time.. We've always conceived within 3 months of trying..
HopingForSage
Friend

Re: BFPs after a D&C? I need advice and hope :'(

Postby delightfuldoula » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 pm

wow that's rough. I think perhaps the pressure to get pg is stressing you out? Its hard to relax when you have a dead line like you do. Also perhaps doing your basal body temp in the morning might help you understand if something is not going right. It can take a few months to get the hang of though. Sorry I know I am not of much help. Hoping this is your luck month! Oh I had a good turn out taking ovaboost after my loss in Aug. I got pg the next cycle!
Me 30 DH 35
Vasectomy July 29/2009
Reversal Dec 19, 2011

DD JULY 11 2006
DS Sept 13 2007
DD Nov 29 2008
DD Jan 17 2010

DS Nov 29 2012
DD July 11, 2014
Angel baby Aug 9 2013
delightfuldoula
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: BFPs after a D&C? I need advice and hope :'(

Postby 80's Baby » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:59 am

DH and I had been trying for our first for a long time when he was due to deploy. I remember being so upset because I didn't get my period in time to try before he left. So, we just dtd and said goodbye. 6 weeks later, my mother told me to test because of *ahem* attitude problems. lol As it turns out, we conceived the night before he left. I didn't think it was even possible. I was just on a very long cycle that month. He found out I was pregnant through email. :rofl:
He still to this day refers to it as 'Super Pre-Deployment Sperm'. Lmao!
The only advice I can give is to relax. (Impossible). Then there's the remote possibility of freezing his boys. I know plenty of military families who have done that. One was a couple who were ttc. Another was afraid he wouldn't come back, and wanted the option of having his children. It's awful to think about, but they decided that it was a good option.
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
July, 2013 - :angel:

BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
Twins :angel: :angel: - missed miscarriage - D&E@ 10 weeks

August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO! TWINS!
October 1st - Baby A - :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162
November 24th - It's a girl!

80's Baby