5 Days of Brown Spotting - First AF after D&C

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5 Days of Brown Spotting - First AF after D&C

Postby The_Mrs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am

So I finally had my first "AF" exactly 8 weeks after a D&C procedure following a M/C at 8 weeks. The thing was, it wasn't a true AF in that it was very light, only requiring a panty liner, and it was strictly brown blood. I tracked ovulation the entire time and don't think it happened, so wondering if that caused such a strange cycle, since it was anovulatory.

Just wondering if any other ladies have a similar story, and hopefully a boost of confidence. Either way just curious if anyone else experienced something similar and went on to be regulated the next cycle.
The_Mrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 5 Days of Brown Spotting - First AF after D&C

Postby becky88 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm

I had something similar to this. My AF was late to begin with. I counted the m/c (blighted ovum) as cd1 and AF showed cd31. I always have 28 day cycles but that's probably to be expected. Then I had 2 days of brown spotting before AF finally showed up and when she did there was more of her than normal. Because of this I really have no clue when I ov'd. I think it was 1 week ago because that's the only day I've had ewcm. I haven't been temping or using opks because DH and I thought it might be nice to take it easy for a couple months. I know the wait is terrible and I was quite depressed over everything. I hope you are doing well! I also wanted to add that I took mistprostol for my blighted ovum instead of doing the d&c so I'm sure that AF will be different for each of us. How are you doing now?
becky88
Friend

Re: 5 Days of Brown Spotting - First AF after D&C

Postby The_Mrs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

Hi there becky! I actually started using OPKs almost immediately so that I knew my body was working itself out and when to expect AF. The first cycle I am pretty sure I didn't O, but think I may have this weekend on about CD 20 or so of the new "cycle".

I have a general follow up this week with my doctor, so hoping they can confirm I did O and am on the right track to getting back to normal. The waiting game was the PITS!
The_Mrs
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss