Trying again?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying again?

Postby AmyPear » Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 am

Hello Ladies, I M/C this weekend at 6 weeks. I saw my doctor yesterday (I miscarried totally in two days and have stopped bleeding, at least my body can do something right!) and he told me that I did not need to wait to try again. As long as my numbers are 0 (they are at 20 right now, so almost) then I can try again. He told me that I do not need to wait for my period, or for any recovery as my body is fine. This is good news for us, since my husband leaves to work away for three months in July, I was hoping to be pregnant before he left (hopefully with a sticky bean this time) but my cervix is still a little sore and it seems crazy to be trying again so soon. Did anyone else try again right after levels dropped to 0? (he thinks I will be at 0 later this week, so I am getting blood tests daily) Or did you wait a few months?
AmyPear
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Trying again?

Postby Happyfroggy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:55 pm

I didn't even monitor levels (never got any blood tests) and started trying right away after my miscarriage at about 6 weeks.

If you are emotionally and physically ready, then you do not have to delay trying (as long as those conditions are met!)

The only reason he said about the Hcg is that most women don't ovulate until it's under 5. There's no medical reason to wait. The reason doctors advised waiting in the past is because it can change your cycle length and most doctors date pregnancies going by your last menstrual period. That is the only reason!

So if you're ready, try, try away! :)
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmyPear » Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 am

Perfect, thanks. I got my blood work back and I am at 1, so I have to go again in a few days. They are insisting I have to get it done until its 0. (ugh more blood work) and I am still a little crampy, cervix is a tiny bit sore, but otherwise I feel fine. I think I might give it a few days before I decide if I will try again right away!
AmyPear
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Happyfroggy » Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm

That's so weird. Where I am they don't even DO blood work for a miscarraige at 6 weeks unless you specially request it or have other concerning symptoms. So I really don't get why they keep making you go back. It also makes no sense that it has to be 0 considering most labs only measure down to 5. Meaning as soon as you have below five the lab report just says "<5" and doesn't even specifiy a value. :shock:

Glad you're feeling better!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss