Trying to conceive after miscarriage x

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying to conceive after miscarriage x

Postby Carl1234 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 am

Hi I have a 3 year old and conceived her fine. We began TTC our 2nd and fell the second month after coming off the Implant, I got a BFP at 9dpo, I then miscarried at about 6weeks. This is now 2 months ago.
We decided to try again straight away. I used OPKs as soon as I stopped bleeding after miscarrying, I did ovulate that month but AF arrived 10 days after which meant my Luteal Phase was shorter than before my miscarriage, which has worried me.
This is now my 2 month and I am now 12 dpo and still no sign of AF. I had AF like pains at 9 DPO and was convinced it was AF arriving early again but it wasnt. I did a pg test at 9dpo and 10dpo and both were BFNs.
Just wondering what your opinions are, whether you think im probably out this month seeing as i had a bfp at 9dpo with my last pregnancy (the one i miscarried) and i had very sore bbs that early too and this time have no symptons and a bfn at 9dpo. or whether you just think miscarrying has effected my fertility. Thank you. xxx
Carl1234

Re: Trying to conceive after miscarriage x

Postby ekkotack » Sat May 10, 2014 6:38 pm

The miscarriage shouldn't affect your fertility. Good luck to you!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TiaGem » Sun May 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Not at all! It's hard not to feel as if something is wrong with our body after suffering a miscarriage. The volumes I've read say they happen more than one might think- like one in 4 pregnancies ends in MC! So rest assured, your body knows what to do and most likely it will happen soon! HUGS & BABY DUST!!!
TiaGem
Friend

Postby Kandii » Fri May 23, 2014 6:21 am

Post-MC your cycles can been a little off-set. And could take up to 6 months to settle into a new "normal". Some women who have MC have their cycles changes after MC permanently while others work their way back to normal cycles prior to the MC. I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. Your body needs time to figure things out :)
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snflowr » Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

I read that if you miscarried at around 5 weeks, you can start trying right away b/c body will process it like a period. If you miscarried at around 6 weeks, you should wait to have one full cycle and then cycles will return to normal. So, probably your cycles are turning to normal now. (which is great!)
But I wouldn't say you are out, just b/c you don't have a BFP yet. 9/10dpo are quite early for a BFP and other symptoms normally come around 6 weeks. We have variation between our cycles, and many people with multiple children say each of their pregnancies was different than the other.
me (41 & Hashimoto's) dh (46) :angel: (2014); :angel: :angel: (2014); DS (1)
TTC#2 since Oct 2016; :angel: (2017)
snflowr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ABearCub » Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm the same situation. I mcd in March and we are second cycle TTC now. I'm cd 36 now and still bfns, but no af. I'm pretty disheartened about it all.

Here's hoping to bfps, but if not then at least regular cycles again!
Lots of love!!
My Ovulation Chart

Angel Baby, Adrian, MC at 5.5 weeks on March 14, 2014.
ABearCub
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby snflowr » Tue May 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi all,
I had my first BFP a few weeks ago, and miscarried bwn 5 and 6 weeks. I am on CD 7 of the next cycle, and my levels are close to zero, but my doctor advised that we wait a full cycle before trying again. So, if you miscarry that early, cycles should return to normal again. She also reassured me that after one miscarriage, our chances of conceiving are not reduced.
So good luck to all.
Carl1234 and ABearCub: I hope you will get your BFPs soon!
me (41 & Hashimoto's) dh (46) :angel: (2014); :angel: :angel: (2014); DS (1)
TTC#2 since Oct 2016; :angel: (2017)
snflowr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss