Waiting for AF or BFP after mc

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Waiting for AF or BFP after mc

Postby TiaGem » Sun May 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi All!
My miscarriage was natural, on 4/16/14, so it's been over a month now. I got a bfn on a hpt on 5/6, so all the hcg is gone since then and I thought of figuring when it should arrive using mc date as lmp and that said the 14th...so as it is 4 days past that date, when would I test again?? I've been having little cramps here and there and been moody but still no AF! Any info anyone might care to share? Thanks!
TiaGem
Friend

Re: Waiting for AF or BFP after mc

Postby ekkotack » Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 am

well, if it were me I would test all the time! Who am I kidding, I do test all the time. But to be honest everyone has different time frames for when their cycles return to normal. The best you can do is get busy with your man and then just test here and there. Since you've had the negative HPT you can know that any future lines you see will be BFP! And if you don't get pregnant right away then eventually your cycle will work itself back out to a predictable pattern.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Waiting for AF or BFP after mc

Postby TiaGem » Mon May 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks, ekkotak! I appreciate your input, it's reassuring! My man & I couldn't wait to get back to the BDing! Tbch, we didn't even wait for the bleeding to stop! It's as if the event of our loss sent us into a strange frenzy! Our pregnancy was unplanned, but welcomed even though it called for some major changes. We were already on our way to those changes, but it sped up our timeline and I know I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around it all, which made me feel guilty later, as if I had caused the mc! It's such a rollercoaster of emotions fueled by hcg! I feel like a crazy lady and probably sound like one too!
TiaGem
Friend

Return to TTC After a Loss