Another AF. Also...Diva Cup!

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Another AF. Also...Diva Cup!

Postby mrsm44 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:10 pm

So, it has now been almost 7 months since I lost our son at 21 weeks. I have no idea if I have ovulated, and I seem to be getting more regular in my cycles (though, the last one was 36 days, and I was going insane!). This one was 35 days...and I finally feel as though I don't have any 'symptoms' of pregnancy. I am not sure if it's one of those things that I was hypersensitive, thinking I had symptoms every cycle, or if my body was still in the process of going back to pre-pregnancy symptoms, but this is the first cycle that I feel like I knew I wasn't pregnant. At least that's a good sign that things are going back to the way they should be, right? I have finally broke down and bought ovulation tests from Dollar Tree...does anyone have any experience with these, and know if they work properly? I bought 6 of them, hoping I can finally catch my O, because I haven't yet had the ovulation ache like I used to, beforeI was pregnant.

I also decided to try the Diva Cup, after reading about it on these forums. Everything I heard was positive about the product, and I was really tired of lugging around a box of tampons or numerous pads. It's amazing...truly! It didn't take me long to be able to get used to it. I have found (TMI warning) that if I feel the suction sensation after I insert it, that means I did so correctly. That helps in knowing that I won't leak. However, sometimes I do put it in correctly, and don't feel the suction sensation. But, that's rare. I LOVE this thing! I would highly recommend investing the measly $30...because it pays for itself in a couple of months, essentially.

<3Angela
mrsm44
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Another AF. Also...Diva Cup!

Postby operationindigo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:18 pm

I normally use a diva cup for my AF also - I LOVE it. When I use mine, I know it's in there properly when I hear a "pop" sound when it opens into place. When I feel the pop, I rarely if ever have any leakage. I had to play with it for a while to figure out how to make it happen. It's also a great conversation piece in public restrooms. "I'm coming out of the stall with my diva cup - so if you don't want to see blood close your eyes!" I also have found it useful to figure out how much I am actually bleeding in a cycle, and learned a lot from using it.
Me: 27, history of short LP & irregular bleeding
Partner: 30
TTC Cycle #Who knows?

BFP#1: Baby Kaden, miscarriage @ 8 weeks (D&C) 6/12/14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dde08
operationindigo

Postby mrsm44 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm

I don't think I could ever come out of a stall in a public restroom with my Diva cup in hand!! Haha. I haven't had to change it in public though, because you can wait up to 12 hours to dump it, so I haven't had to, thankfully. But that's funny haha!
mrsm44
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 pm

I totally love my diva cup. I had never heard of it either till coming on the boards. I LOVE not having to worry about whether or not I have tampons with me. Best AF purchase ever!

I change it in public but don't come out of the stall with it lol.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby operationindigo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 am

How do you empty it without taking it out of the stall? I guess you could just dump it out into the toilet. I always feel like I need to rinse it out in between. The couple times I didn't I ended up with a bad YI so I'm afraid to chance it. It is definitely a conversation starter though! I think it can be good though, it gets people talking about menstrual alternatives.
Me: 27, history of short LP & irregular bleeding
Partner: 30
TTC Cycle #Who knows?

BFP#1: Baby Kaden, miscarriage @ 8 weeks (D&C) 6/12/14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dde08
operationindigo

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:29 am

i'm curious about trying this! so - no problems with leaking? do you still wear a panty liner or anything?
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsm44 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:47 pm

I had one leaking incident...just because I didn't put in in correctly. As long as I feel that 'pop' or suction feeling, I know I put it in right. Best purchase in a very long time!
mrsm44
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss