Recurrent losses and thin lining...linked?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Recurrent losses and thin lining...linked?

Postby Wishing&Prayingfor#1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi all,

I am currently experiencing my forth loss.
My first was a missed miscarriage at over 11 weeks. After trying to induce the mc with meds, I has no other option( so I was led to believe) than to have a D&C...big mistake.

After months of no period, it was discovered that I had Ashermans syndrome ( scarring/ adhesions in the uterus). I had a surgery to remove scarring, and 4-5 months later became pregnant again. That pregnancy ended much earlier. This time it was suspected that the pregnancy could be ectopic, due to increasing and decreasing hcg levels, although this time cycotech worked and I bled, my hcg levels then went down and they were no longer worried of ectopic.

After theses losses, I began working with an RE. She ordered another saline sonogram and did the standard panel of blood work for multiple losses. Nothing notable came of the bloodwork, however; another band ( this time small) of scaring was found.

The RE performed a second operative hysteroscopy and removed scarring. I have had monitored cycles ever since.
Each monitored cycle has shown the same thing, I ovulate ( although one cycle I did not) on my own, but have a thin lining. My lining has ranged from 5.7( the month I has a weak ovulation) to 7.5mm ( the best I've had). I have never reached 8mm. The RE says that that is thick enough for pregnancy, although not ideal, she has seen thinner achieve pregnancy. I tried for8 cycles without and with meds to get pregnant, with no luck.

Well.....these last two months I've gotten pregnant twice. Two cycles ago we devised to try iui, since the meds didn't seam to be helping. We got a bfp The first week of June. My HCG levels never got very high, and then dropped on the second beta check. I began to bleed June 8th. I only bleed for two days and not heavy!
I was told to wait a cycle before ttc again. We had intercourse the second week of June ( once).....I figured I was nowhere near ovulating, plus It wasn't as if we ever got pregnant easily, only with the iui this past year. Well oops, got pregnant again....who does this happen to? Well it was the same story low hcg ( only 27) and was down to 7 four days later:( I just started to bleed today -3 days after the hcg of 7, and again it is not very heavy.l Ora of cramping but not a lot of blood. In fact less blood than I used to have on my period, back before my first mc. One last thing, my progesterone was 61 at the first beta draw this time....on the high side for 4 wks.

My question is: do you think that my very light periods,1-2 days light flow, and thin lining 5.7-7.5 mm, are contributing to my recurrent losses?

My drs say it is bit the issue, but I have a nagging feeling that it is. Has anyone else experienced this ????? It is so difficult to find info out there!

I am sorry this was so long, but I wanted to give you my history before the question!

Amy
Me ( Amy) and DH-31
Married Aug 2010
Ttc #1 since Sept. 2011
M/c July 2012(missed) 11wks
Ashermans syndrome after D&C
Surgery for scarring( done by RE) Feb. 2013
M/c July 2013 ( 6wks5d)
2nd surgery for scarring Oct. 2013
Started crinone ( progesterone) for luteal phase, Dec. 2013
Began tracked cycles Dec. 2013,Jan and Feb 2014 (no meds)
Femera 2.5mg March and April 2014- both BFNs
Femera 5mg and IUI May 2014- BFP...m/c 5w1d ( chemical?)
Natural cycle( break) June 2014- BFP....m/c 4w5d/chemical
July 2014-HSG clear, AMH low......break
Wishing&Prayingfor#1
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Recurrent losses and thin lining...linked?

Postby Stardancer8764 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Amy-

I am not a doctor- but here's what I think.

It's possible. My reasoning is you are getting pregnant. Enough to get a positive on a test...so there is a problem with implantation, or cell division I would suppose. Because we are getting the sperm to the egg...and implanting enough for a bfp. Maybe it is too thin to support the egg. But again, it could be a problem with the egg itself. Either way, I don't think its helping you at all.... However, it could be a host of other things too.... Correlation doesn't always equal causation. If that makes sense. Uh I am so sorry hunny. That must be so frustrating for you. :hugs: I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions. We are here for you.
Myself: 30
DH: 33
Married: 10/18/08
DD: Baby#1 :future baby girl: 04.26.13 :bfp: 08/12/12 :hb: 169bpm 9/10/12
:angel: Baby #2 due 1/15/15 :hb: 140bpm - 06/28/14 missed m/c and D&C at 11 weeks.
DS: Baby #3 :future baby boy: 08.11.15 :bfp: 11/23/14 :hb: 165bmp 12/23/14

3 furbabies- 2 meows, an Irish Setter
Stardancer8764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ekkotack » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 am

oh my gosh you have been through so much! so sorry for all your losses. I don't know the answers to your questions, but what Stardancer is saying makes sense. If the doctor is saying it's not the issue that what DO they think the issue is??? And have they looked at clotting issues or suggested baby aspirin? My doc rec baby aspirin after my 2nd m/c. Says it won't hurt....might help....worth a try anyway? Hope you get your sticky bean soon.
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishing&Prayingfor#1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:55 am

Thanks ladies for your replies,
I went to the RE on Wednesday and she basically said that there are no other tests to do ( even though I know that there are...such as natural killer cells) . I have had the clotting factor tests done and they were fine...as were the chromosomal testing that I had done last year, after my second loss.
I too think that it has to do with the implantation stage....unfortunately from what I am told, this is the hardest thing to treat. I linings will only respond to so much. IVF is not a option for this type of problem.
I am on the low does aspirin already, although did not take it last month as I was supposed to be on a break!
Do any of you have thinner linings?
What sorts of tests have you had done after your m/cs?
Me ( Amy) and DH-31
Married Aug 2010
Ttc #1 since Sept. 2011
M/c July 2012(missed) 11wks
Ashermans syndrome after D&C
Surgery for scarring( done by RE) Feb. 2013
M/c July 2013 ( 6wks5d)
2nd surgery for scarring Oct. 2013
Started crinone ( progesterone) for luteal phase, Dec. 2013
Began tracked cycles Dec. 2013,Jan and Feb 2014 (no meds)
Femera 2.5mg March and April 2014- both BFNs
Femera 5mg and IUI May 2014- BFP...m/c 5w1d ( chemical?)
Natural cycle( break) June 2014- BFP....m/c 4w5d/chemical
July 2014-HSG clear, AMH low......break
Wishing&Prayingfor#1
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Stardancer8764 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:36 pm

I have no idea about thin lining. But maybe talk to an herbalist it holistic doc. There has to be some kind of herb you can take to help. I think they have Chinese herbs that help with feminine issues. It may be worth looking into
Myself: 30
DH: 33
Married: 10/18/08
DD: Baby#1 :future baby girl: 04.26.13 :bfp: 08/12/12 :hb: 169bpm 9/10/12
:angel: Baby #2 due 1/15/15 :hb: 140bpm - 06/28/14 missed m/c and D&C at 11 weeks.
DS: Baby #3 :future baby boy: 08.11.15 :bfp: 11/23/14 :hb: 165bmp 12/23/14

3 furbabies- 2 meows, an Irish Setter
Stardancer8764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss