chemical pregnancy advice needed

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

chemical pregnancy advice needed

Postby maimee79 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 am

Hi, I really hope someone can tell me if they had a similar experience, here goes...
June 22nd got my bfp lmp 5/30
June 29th started brown spotting, nervous because I had a chemical pregnancy a year ago
July 1st hcg at 86
July 3rd hcg at 138
July 5th and 6th heavy bleeding pass clots, especially two large grayish ones, assumed I miscarried
July 7th negative digital pg tes July 9th bleeding stops
July 10th doctor's appt, internal exam confirmed miscarriage
July 10th and 11th positive opk and ewcm. I figured left over hormones were causing it, but we bd anyway just in case
July 16th spotting again
July 17th bd, but got hours later got crampy and started spotting a little heavier
July 18th spotting, feels like a bouncy ball in my uterus and at 1 pm I started getting a really bad taste in my mouth. I took frer to give myself piece of mind that hcg was five, but came up positive. Also did wondfo, positive as well.
July 19th took clear blue digital, not pregnant
July 22 (today) spotting send to have stopped today, but I still have a very dark positive frer and wondfo this morning.

Had anyone else had something similar. I plan on calling my doctor today, but his office doesn't even open for another three hours. I'm a realist, and I don't think it's possible for me to be pregnant again so day, no matter how much I want to be. Could this be ectopic, even though my dr did an internal and I'm not having any bad pain? Is there something else that could be going on?? I'm just really anxious because I'm worried about ectopic, and this is just very weird to me.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: chemical pregnancy advice needed

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 am

oh dear! what a roller coaster! I would certainly call your OB and see if you can get some betas drawn. It would be possible for you to be pregnant again, so don't rule that out. I think with ectopic you would have pain? I've never had a chemical or an ectopic so i'm not much help....sorry!!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ctinaditty » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am

maimee-I am about ready to ovulate after my first ever chemical pregnancy. I confirmed my chemical July 23rd at 4 weeks, 1 day right after our two year wedding anniversary. It was very tough emotionally to go through. Your experience sounds a little different though. Could it have been twins and you possibly miscarried one? It's also possible there's still enough HCG in your system for the more sensitive tests to be picking up on. My CP, in my gut, was due to low progesterone, so the HCG went down fairly quickly. I did pass the clots and had heavy bleeding. My period lasted 7 days with spotting instead of 6 with spotting and it was heavier the entire time than normal.

I'm now on CD10 and I'm fairly certain I'll ovulate here within a couple of days (normally, I don't ovulate until CD 16 or 17ish). So, my cycle is definitely different than normal.

I would definitely call your doctor and explain things and see if you can go in for another blood draw to see what your HCG is. They'll be able to tell more. Also, a girl on a board I'm a part of here had an ectopic and she didn't even know about it. She thought she had started her period and went in to do a SIS test and found out she was pregnant. It was a huge pain for her to deal with because the HCG was going down so slow.
Me: 27
DH: 27
Married:July 20th, 2012
TTC #2 Since December 2015
5 Chemical Pregnancies
3/30/15 Our son, Reilly, born at 35+5, my ICP/GD Baby :D
6/25/16 MMC 7w6d, our sweet Angel Baby...
Follow my Journey at http://thepregnantpausejourney.blogspot.com/

My Ovulation Chart
Ctinaditty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:15 pm

So I wanted to update in case someone else ever goes through this. I don't know what happened, but it was like two miscarriages for the price of one. I went to an acupuncturist, and she really seemed to help me get back on track. I got my period, and it wasn't too bad. I just ovulated now, and thus begins the next tww. It sucked, but it's over, and I'm just moving on. To anyone going through it now, hang in there. It will pass, and you can start trying again. Lots of love to you, it's a horrible thing to deal with and no one can understand, unless they have lived through it themselves. But many of us have, and you're not alone.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ctinaditty » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Hey girl! Glad you're in the TWW again. I just had a chemical last cycle and just got another BFP this morning. I'm just praying it doesn't end the same way. Chemicals live on longer than the time it takes them to pass. Hang in there! :)
5 Chemical Pregnancies

My Ovulation Chart
Ctinaditty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Congratulations!!! Praying and crossing fingers this one sticks for you :)
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 am

How are you feeling ctina?
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ctinaditty » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 am

I'm feeling pretty good. 4 weeks, 1 day today. Known I'm pregnant for a week now. My HCG is rising slower than I'd like but still in the normal zone. My doc says it's just because we found out so early. My progesterone looks awesome and I'm almost 100% sure that's what caused the CP last cycle. I have my first ultrasound in two weeks to see how this baby is developing and we are going to try and hear a heartbeat. I'm still a bundle of nerves but I'm learning that worrying isn't going to change the outcome, so I'm trying my best not to. :)

How are you doing?
5 Chemical Pregnancies

My Ovulation Chart
Ctinaditty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:36 pm

That's so exciting!!! Fingers crossed for you, praying too. it sounds like everything is progressing normally, so try not to worry. If we have learned anything, it's that we have little to no control, so just sick back and enjoy the bean!!

I am doing ok, 10 dpo, waiting to test... IMPATIENTLY! lol
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ctinaditty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I can't wait to see if you get pregnant this cycle!! I found out at 11dpo both times. I'm not sure I'll ever test that early again as once you find out you're pregnant it makes time go sooooo slowly. Lol. Fingers crossed for you, Hun!
5 Chemical Pregnancies

My Ovulation Chart
Ctinaditty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ekkotack » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Ctina, are you on progesterone suppositories?
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ctinaditty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:30 pm

I sure am! I take 100mg twice a day! My progesterone while pregnant has been around 24! :)

Also... CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP!!!
5 Chemical Pregnancies

My Ovulation Chart
Ctinaditty
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss