Hi Ladies, new here

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi Ladies, new here

Postby Peppercat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 am

This is my first time posting here and I just wanted to say hello. I've been lurking on this board since we started TTC last September and then finally made a log in after getting my BFP last month so I could start posting. Sadly that pregnancy ended at 5w1d in an early miscarriage/chemical (not sure what to call it). It's been a devastating and frustrating time for both of us after 10 months of trying, but we decided to start trying this very first cycle. My doctor said I can start trying if I'm ready so we will see how this cycle goes.

I wanted to see if anyone else is in this same position and what you are doing to stay positive after a loss.
Me: 27
DH: 30
Married: July 2011
TTC #1 since September 2013
BFP 8/15/14, MC 8/25/14 @ 5 weeks
BFP 11/22/14 @10 dpo

HCG @ 12 dpo: 205
HCG @ 14 dpo: 485

Peppercat

Re: Hi Ladies, new here

Postby ricemill » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:40 pm

I've just recently gone through the same thing. Hubby and I have been trying for 8 months and finally got a faint BFP. Went in for blood work and they said my levels were really low and I should come back in a few days to get my levels tested again. The next day I started my period and had bad cramps, I knew I was losing it. It has been SUCH a big blow. All the excitement and disappointment within such a short time period has been exhausting on hubby and I to say the least.

This all just happened a couple of days ago so I'm still trying to get past it emotionally. We would like to start trying again this cycle. I've read a ton of stories online from women saying they have gotten pregnant immediately following a chemical. Something about how the chemical makes our bodies more fertile. Anyway, that gives me hope! My cycles are really long though so everything is a long wait and my hope has been tested for sure.

How are you doing?? I'm so sorry you've also gone through the same thing. A loss is still a loss. Just make sure you give yourselves time to grieve and start again whenever you are ready.

I find myself thinking this is not how I envisioned our pregnancy journey to be but I'm thankful at least now I know it's possible for me to get pregnant. Sending hugs your way girl.
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Peppercat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Sorry that you have been going through this too. This is definitely not how I saw my journey going either. It took us a long time to decide we were ready to start trying, I had no idea it would take so long.

I've also heard that you are more fertile after a chemical, I'm hoping it works for us. I totally understand how you feel about knowing now that you can get pregnant. It's the only positive thing that came out of this.

I'm just trying to do everything the same as I did last month and hope it works again. Are you doing anything different this cycle?
BFP 11/22/14 @10 dpo

Peppercat

Postby ricemill » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 pm

I know, it took us quite some time to decide as well and ever since we decided we wanted to start trying, we've been SOO ready. It's really hard to wait and be patient. It's been even harder to not get sucked into feeling defeated after this loss.

I've been taking Vitex for two months and with the start of this new cycle, it will be my third month. I'm convinced that before I started taking the Vitex, I wasn't ovulating. It has given me clear/strong ovulation ever since I started it. So I'm going to stick with it and see what happens. It's an herb that's supposed to help your body regulate its hormones naturally by working on the pituitary. I'm thinking that this cycle I'll add a B6 and B12 vitamin as I hear a lot of women pair the Vitex with those two. We'll see what happens!

Are you currently taking anything? Any herbs or vitamins etc?
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Peppercat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:32 pm

I took fertilaid in June but freaked out when my cycle went a week long. I started reading all these reviews of fertilaid and how it messes up normal cycles. Vitex makes me nervous just because of the side effects I had from fertilaid but that's great that it worked for you.

Last month I was temping and using opks consistently and also started taking baby aspirin once a day (doctors recommendation) and mucinex around ovulation. I believe the mucinex may have helped me produce more egcm and help me het pregnant, but who knows.

The funny thing was I saw my ob before I ovulated last cycle and he started talking about possibly taking Clomid to release more eggs, but I decided I wasn't quite ready to try that yet. So I just started the baby aspirin and mucinex.
BFP 11/22/14 @10 dpo

Peppercat

Postby ricemill » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh that's really odd that the fertilaid did that! I don't blame you for being nervous about trying it again. As much as the vitex is helping to give me clear ovulation, it hasn't done much to shorten my cycles. So I'm still having to wait a whole long time to try again each cycle. Cycles range from 40-55 days.

Glad you are temping and using OPKs! I feel like temping gives such a better picture of what our bodies are up to. I've heard of mucinex helping for cm. I have a friend who is taking the Evening Primrose Oil to help with cm and I think that's helped.

I haven't really gotten a check up or another on my hormones or eggs etc mostly because I'm afraid they're going to want me to take clomid straight off the bat! I wanted to try a more natural approach before I went that way. I'm totally with you there girl!
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mamabear1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi ladies. Welcome Peppercat.
I am in the same boat and have jumped right back into TTC.
Most of my info is in my siggy but it took me 9mths of TTC before I got my BFP. Saw the baby's heartbeat etc but at my 8wk scan the heart had stopped beating. I miscarried naturally at 10w5d.
I saw my obstetrician a week later and everything was gone in me scan, just a wee bit of "debris" which he wasn't concerned about. Told me to get bloodwork done in 2wks (which I did today) to see if hcg has gone to zero. He also said my left follicle was measuring 14mm so I should ovulate in about a week. He said given my age - just go for it. He said sometimes they say wait one cycle - but he didn't think it was 100% necessary. I happily decided to jump back in as the waiting was torturing me, plus I've read a lot about being more fertile immediately after a m/c and wanted to maximise my chances.
I was surprised I would O so soon. Turns out it happened sooner than he said and luckily we bd'd around that time.
I got a bfp yesterday at 7dpo but I now don't believe it's true. I reckon it's just residual hcg from my m/c. So now this is what I'm driving myself bonkers over. A new thing to stress about :)
It's nice hear from others in the same boat. I completely understand the devastation and frustration of this. I'm up and down. I thought I was doing okay until I teared up when seeing an old friend today who wanted to know how i'll be celebrating my 40th. I had big plans but I've lost my mojo for just about everything since my loss so I got a bit sad :(
TBH - I think only a rainbow baby helps with the real healing.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Peppercat » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:17 am

Hopefully this is your rainbow baby, just found out early! I dont really trust the temping or opks this month since they seem to be all over the place, so we are just bd every other day right now until I can confirm o. I have a good feeling that I good feeling that it may happen for us in the next few months, hopefully my gut is right :D
BFP 11/22/14 @10 dpo

Peppercat

Return to TTC After a Loss