BFP after two losses, need encouragement

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after two losses, need encouragement

Postby maimee79 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:14 am

Hi ladies, well I'm back here again, but for a different reason this time. I have posted about my losses on here, but I got a bfp this morning at 11 dpo. I wish they were darker, but I know it's early. I'm just looking for some encouragement, some stories about successful pregnancies after miscarriages. I desperately want to be happy, but I'm not. I'm scared, and just dreading another loss. I'm trying to stay positive, but I definitely need some help.
Attachments
20140924_063129_resized-2.jpg
(249.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: BFP after two losses, need encouragement

Postby ShuggysMom » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:24 am

Maimee- the fear is normal. I completely understand. I have had three losses in a row and am currently 10w x 3d. I had a great sono yesterday that showed baby measuring on time. My doctor says everything looks really good. I go back in 2 weeks for an NT which I see as my next hurdle. I would be lying if I said I was calm and collected. I am not. I am afraid every day that today will be the day I lose the baby-again. I have been working hard on setting small, discreet goals (POAS progression, beta, first sono to confirm heartbeat, etc.). I also try to focus on facts and statistics. The odds are in your favor. Yes, there is risk, but this could be your take-home baby! Try to stay off Dr. Google! These tricks have helped me move from one day to the next. I am still early and anything could happen, but I try to be positive, hopeful, with a dash of cautious.

Good luck and congrats!
ShuggysMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Maybabe2015 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:54 am

Maimee, Congratulations!
I don't have a success story about pregnancy after miscarriage (I hope too!) myself. BUT my sister inlaw had two miscarriages, and after the second one she fell pregnant, before her next AF post M/C and she carried her twins till 37 weeks, without any major complications.
I think I too would be worrying as much as you, but it is completely normal.
(Hey, we find POAS every day, until we beat the control line 'normal' where as other ladies are just satisfied with just one test, lol! - So there is a very wide range of 'normal'.)
Your test look fine for 11 dpo, and i am sure they will get darker. Did you use FMU?
Me~27 DH~31
TTC#1 6 years w/ PCOS & 2 Kidney transplants
First ever (With SoyIso 120mg CD 1-5) :bfp: 12 September 2014 - :angel: 6+1
:bfp: 13 November 2014- Chemical
Maybabe2015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mamabear1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Congratulations Maimee! I think your lines look great.

Your fears are totally normal. I don't know anyone that has had a loss and then felt cruisy about her following pregnancy.

I had a mc many yrs ago and went on to have a healthy baby girl. I was so worried in those early weeks and was convinced I would mc again. I had some counselling just to get me past the point where I had previously mc. Then I started to breathe a little easier. Like another poster said, breaking it into small chunks helps. So I focussed on each week as a milestone (you might even want to think of each day as a box to tick). Then it was the 12wk mark etc.

I know I'll be very anxious when I get my next bfp. It's sad our losses rob us of the joy that others can take for granted. Next time around I'm going to focus on relaxing more and definately breaking the weeks up into milestones.

I wish you all the very best.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC After a Loss