18 DPO no AF | 3 months since MC | Still BF'ing

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

18 DPO no AF | 3 months since MC | Still BF'ing

Postby darkchocolate » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 am

Hey everyone! Like the subject states I am now 18 DPO and no AF. I had a m/c on 8/27 and when my AF returned after it came on 9/8 and I usually have it again the following day in the next month, so it came on 9/9. Both months I had a normal period that lasts five days. Prior to my last conception I had no period from after having my daughter on July 13, 2013 to June 10, 2014. I got pregnant right after that cycle & lost the pregnancy at 11.5 weeks.

I'm 35, still breastfeeding my toddler who shares the bed with me so she's not slowing down anytime soon. I have my ideas of why I had the m/c in August, but I have learned to stop racking my head about it. We've made peace about it and are really excited about the prospect of being pregnant again!

I have heard that you are highly fertile right after you have a m/c. I was out of town when AF came just after the m/c in Sept. I came back right after I ovulated so we missed that window. We got in one bd the day after I ovulated in October, but something tells me either I ovulated late or I had a bigger fertility window because I was tracking it with my calendar & I had way more Fertile CM within the week after the calendar said I should have ovulated.

So that brings me to here and now. I was going to wait to try and wean my daughter off since they say breastfeeding can cause a m/c and also you have a greater risk after the age of 35, but I refuse to live in fear. I've had one very serious loss of my six month old son, 10 years ago, and I have one beautiful healthy rainbow baby who is now 16 months old. Everything happens for a reason and I am leaving it up to God and having faith. Plus, I'm a bit more healthy and conscious about things than I was back in the summer. Drinking more water, taking a prenatal pill ahead of time, and allowing myself to rest and be happy more.

AF was due on 10/10 and it's now 10/13. I have been dry when wiping for the past couple of weeks, but then last night I had some wetness and I thought it was AF, but it was just creamy, sticky, and had a very very VERY light streak of pink. I've been dry again every since and no sign of AF.

Other symptoms: Very crampy after pooping, for the past week but no AF. Some sticky cm off and on, usually after pooping. Sensitive nipples, large sore breasts, very emotional / sad / weepy off and on, some smell aversions, a tiny bit of nausea when hungry.

Any takers? Thanks for reading! :D
Gregory Zion | 8/3/04 - 2/13/05 (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia CDH)
Isabella Rose | 16 Months Old | Born 7/5/13 My Rainbow Baby
Baby Phoenix | 8/27/14 M/C
darkchocolate
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 18 DPO no AF | 3 months since MC | Still BF'ing

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss. :( Ovulation can move around each month, especially after a m/c. It's very possible your ovulation date was later. I don't trust calendars. They base their calculations off of averages, not your individual statistics. Tracking your bbt is the only way to see your own patterns. I found out I ovulate about a week after my calendar app thought I did. I had creamy yellow cm from about 5dpo this cycle and got my BFP at 10 dpo. I'd say go ahead and test!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby darkchocolate » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:34 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:So sorry to hear about your loss. :( Ovulation can move around each month, especially after a m/c. It's very possible your ovulation date was later. I don't trust calendars. They base their calculations off of averages, not your individual statistics. Tracking your bbt is the only way to see your own patterns. I found out I ovulate about a week after my calendar app thought I did. I had creamy yellow cm from about 5dpo this cycle and got my BFP at 10 dpo. I'd say go ahead and test!

Congrats! You have a beautiful family -- I love that photo! I think I'm going to test on Monday b/c that is my DH's birthday. It would be a great present to give him. :D
darkchocolate
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Thank you, and good luck!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby darkchocolate » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:51 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:Thank you, and good luck!

Thank you. I just saw a very light pink tint when I wiped. It didn't accompany any kind of cm though and I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't turned the light on to look harder. It's so weird & maybe all in my head but right after using the restroom I feel cramping in my uterus.
darkchocolate
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Have you taken a hpt yet?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby darkchocolate » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:Have you taken a hpt yet?

NOpe, I was going to wait until Monday b/c that'll be one week past missed period. Plus it's DH birthday & I want to surprise him with BFP if it is!
darkchocolate
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry, I remember you said that already. I'm on my phone so it's hard to scroll back through. Spotting isn't a bad sign early on. Hopefully AF stays away and you can give DH a great bday present!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss