New here, TTC after stillbirth

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here, TTC after stillbirth

Postby wildflowers » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. In May, my daughter was stillborn at 30 weeks. We finally felt ready to TTC in December, but I didn't get pregnant. This is our second month trying and although next Saturday will be the earliest I can test, I already feel cramps and feel very sad and disheartened.

We conceived our son (now 3 1/2) on the first try and our daughter was a first try baby as well. I guess I wrongfully assumed it would be easier this time, especially given the heartbreak over losing our daughter and having to be in this position at all. I feel like I'm living in a little bit of a fog. I also realize this isn't a very long time to be trying, and I get that. It's just like I can't really get back up on my feet and am trying.

Nice to "meet" all of you. Thanks for having me here. <3
wildflowers

Re: New here, TTC after stillbirth

Postby asmrld84 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 am

Hi wildflowers : )
While my story is a little different I thought I would share it and just come say hi : )
My son was born at full term on Oct 13 2010. He was technically dead when he was born but the doctor managed to bring him back and our little guy lived until Oct 16 when he was taken off of oxygen. It took us a year before we decided to Ttc again and since have had a miscarriage and an ectopic resulting in me losing my left tube. I just started clomid this cycle and I'm hoping it works for us. It's been a long hard road but hopefully it will have a happy ending : )
I hope you get your BFP and rainbow baby very soon
Me~30 one fallopian tube
Him~28 PERFECTION
Ds1~2002
Mc~2006
Dd~2008
ds2~2010 passed away at 3 days old(cause unknown)
Mc~2012
Ectopic~2013 loss of left fallopian tube

*~*~*I have so many angels watching over me*~*~*
asmrld84
Friend

Postby WannaPeanut » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 am

You are in a fog. And that's normal. And no one here or anywhere IRL can tell you that you'll ever be the same after losing your daughter, because you won't. You now have to press on without her. And its a heartbreak for you momma! TTC is such a difficult journey, whether its just a few months or years and years. Everyone's story is different. Give yourself the breaks when you need them. Let your body heal until you feel like you're ready.
Me-40 ; DH -41
TTC #1 for 4 yrs 8 months - infertility sucks!
Stage 1 endo; lap in 05; all clear
MFI - 42mil total sperm (normal sperm only 20% -below 30% avg)
IUI +50mg clomid March '06- failed
surprise natural BFP 3.26.08 !!!
Miracle son born 11/18/2008 - our Thanksgiving Miracle
ImageImage

Angel baby: 05/21/2013 - Missed MC at 9wks4d- D&C :(
08/2013 - green light to TTC #2 again and been trying ever since.
Diagnosed with low AMH - basically I have low ovarian reserve so we need another miracle!
WannaPeanut
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Supermomo4 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi, I also am TTC after our daughter was stillborn at 34 weeks this past November. I was really hopeful his cycle (our first TTC) and I started what I thought could be implantation bleeding since my period wasn't due for another 5 days, but it has turned into AF I'm pretty sure. This next pregnancy will be my 8th and if everything goes ok, my fourth living baby. In all my past pregnancies, including the losses, I never took longer than two cycles to conceive, so I feel like I have a very high expectation and am SO incredibly disappointed that we have to start over again. How are things going for you? Any luck yet?
Supermomo4
Friend

Return to TTC After a Loss