first ttc cycle after miscarriage, early bfn

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

first ttc cycle after miscarriage, early bfn

Postby Strawberry sundae » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 am

Hi everyone, ttc is all new to me. I got pregnant very quickly in December and lost it at 5 weeks. After the bleeding stopped I was advised to take a cycle off ttc to let my hormones settle down an now I'm on my first cycle ttc again. So confused though as no opks were positive for most of my cycle until early last week when I had 4 positives in a row, but by the end of it I was secreting pink cm after sex and started getting brown spotting. I have never had ovulating spotting before and it freaked us out so we stopped BDing. I then proceeded to convince myself that the opks were inaccurate and that I had already o'd earlier in my cycle and was experiencing IB. A week on, iv been feeling all of the same pinching and pulling as the first time and convinced myself I'm pregnant. Bfn this morning but only cd25. Am I going mad? Going to test again in a week if no AF.
Strawberry sundae

Re: first ttc cycle after miscarriage, early bfn

Postby Libellule » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Strawberry Sundae

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is so very painful emotionally and physically. Since you've been trying again, what cycle day were you on when you started to have positives? I don't think you are mad, I think anything is possible.

I don't know much about this but I too had a miscarriage at almost 5 weeks. I did not wait to start trying to conceive, I went in straight away after the bleeding stopped. I think it was only one or two days after it finally stopped that my OPK was positive. We made sure to BD a lot. I'm in the two week wait now and spotting a lot of brown CM, even reddish last night for the last couple of days. I thought for sure my AF had come but today the bleeding kind of stopped again and I"m 10 DPO. Not even sure what any of that means. I do think after the mc everything is a little bit off.

for you it could very well be IB, but likely the HPT's won't be positive yet if that's the case. I think testing next week is a good idea.

FX for you!!
Libellule

Postby Sms842 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm kind of interested to hear what happens ladies. I'm in the same situation and my dr indicated that there would be nothing wrong with continuing TTC. I'm very early in my cycle, but I'll have to see what happens with my O since I typically O later around CD 20. Fxing you guys get your sticky bean.
Me: 31 (Stephanie)
DH: 36
PCOS/APS
DS: Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

TTC #2
BFP: 8/4/17 - CP
BFP: 9/14/17 - CP

Cycle w/ Letrozole:
#1: 11/14/17

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gbeeze » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:55 am

Didn't want to read and run. I hope your answer comes quickly so you know where you stand. I had a MMC which begun in Dec, and I had a ERPC in Jan. I fell pregnant quickly and so have found waiting for my cycles to become 'normal' again frustrating. However, after a loss your cycles can be a bit strange so I would try as hard as you can to not worry or stress too much, as hard as I know that is. I need to take my own advice too! A few people I know have randomly had ovulation bleeding and spotting for the first time in their whole TTC experience completely out the blue, one of whom was also post loss too. If it is I/B as someone else said, don't expect a + HPT yet, it is definitely too soon. The most easy way to track cycles after a loss is definitely temps, cm checking and OPKs. I found my OPKs were a bit squiffy for a while, but I am sure things will settle and you'll be in the TWW and enjoying a positive result soon enough.
ME: 28 DH:28
BFP Cycle 2 10.12.14
B.O MMC ERPC 26.01.15

gbeeze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Libellule » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:23 am

Hi ladies - how are you doing? Any updates? Just to bring a close to my entry - I ended up having AF at 16 dpo. Waiting now to try again...but I did notify my doctor about the spotting and irregular bleeding is apparently normal after mc.

Best of luck
Libellule

Return to TTC After a Loss