Any success stories for TTC after etopic and miscarriage

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Any success stories for TTC after etopic and miscarriage

Postby ambass » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:39 am

Hello Ladies. I'm new here and I'm hopeful to hear any success stories or suggestions for ttc after etopic and miscarriage. I had an etopic in Sep 14, had to have methodextrate shot and it took what seemed like forever for my levels to return to normal. In early March we discovered that we were expecting again. As nervous as I was that it could be etopic again a 6-wk us showed us that the little peanut was right were it was supposed to be and had a hb of 136. Even though I knew then that it wasn't etopic, I still remained nervous for something to go wrong. Long and behold it sure did. Last weekend at 10 wks 3 days I miscarried while driving home from a mini-vacation. While in the ER my OB instructed us to wait for 2-3 cycles before trying again. We certainty don't want to wait that long, but I don't want to do anything that could cause another miscarriage either. I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for from posting this other than maybe someone who is or has been in the same boat at I that can relate, any success stories, suggestions??
ambass

Re: Any success stories for TTC after etopic and miscarriage

Postby mylammie04 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:10 am

Hi ambass,

I'm so sorry for your losses. *hugs*

I haven't had an etopic pregnancy, but I've had 2 MC's. Both ended early on in the pregnancy between 5-9 weeks and both were done naturally. Right now I'm going to get some bloodwork and testing done to rule out any blood clotting issues (I am guessing that may be the case). I am also taking Metformin (1500mg) for PCOS and traditional Chinese meds (TCM) to help balance out my internal system too. While I've had 2 MC's, at least I know I can get pregnant...it's staying pregnant that is an issue.

Have they figured out why you may have MC'ed? Any tests done? Not sure if your OB wants you to get your blood tested or not, but it's worth a shot to see if it can yield any answers (they test for any blood clotting issues or autoimmune problems). Although they say 50% of the time the blood work comes back normal, it may put your mind at ease to get everything test. That way, when you do start trying again you know you've taken steps to find out what happened. It's just nerve wracking because you want to try again, but don't want to do anything that can cause another MC.

I'm in the same boat as you are...my DH and I would like to start trying again, but the TCM practitioner suggests that we wait 6 months. Right now, we are taking the "not trying, not preventing" approach and will see what happens.

There is always hope and I hope that you get your BFP again soon. I would say try again when you are ready. Suggestions vary from doctor to doctor. After my first MC, my OB said to wait 2-3 cycles (we did, but I wasn't ovulating at all for 3 months due to my PCOS). After this recent MC, she said that we can start trying as soon as we are emotionally ready.

I'll be thinking of your and sending baby dust your way!
Me: 34
DH: 34
TTC #1 since 01/14
Dx PCOS: 09/14
1st MC: 08/01/14 :angel:
2nd MC: 04/14/15 :angel:
3rd MC: 07/17/17 :angel:

RAINBOW BABY
02/14/16 :babyb:

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Any success stories for TTC after etopic and miscarriage

Postby ambass » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks for the reply & well wishes mylammie04!
I had a follow up today with my OB. I miscarried naturally also, however there was still a part of the sac left behind, so they are going to start testing my hcg levels starting tomorrow to make sure that it's decreasing (and that I don't need a d&c).
I had a entire list of questions to ask the OB about and thankfully she was very patient with me crying in between each question. (I've noticed that at this point I'm okay emotionally up until someone asks me how I'm doing or feeling. Then the waterworks start.)
I have two daughters from a previous marriage (ages 10 & 12) so the OB said that they won't generally start any testing to see what could be causing an early miscarriage until a 3rd miscarriage, and she said that an etopic pregnancy is not included in the early miscarriage category for testing.
As far as the waiting 2-3 cycles to start trying again she said that she generally says that to help the emotional aspect of things. She doesn't see any harm in trying after my first cycle if we're emotionally ready (and my hcg is back to 0). So now I'm back to the waiting game for at least 3 more weeks (if not longer with hcg levels). ugh!

A really close friend of mine was taking blood thinners for several years and then began to start trying to conceive with her husband. She also has a son from a previous relationship (age 10). She had 2 miscarriages and a belighted ovum (sp?) before they began testing. They ruled it to be the blood thinners that were causing her miscarriages. She now has a 2 year old and a 1 year old.

What is TCM? Is it prescribed or something over the counter?
I truly hope that they find the cause of your losses so you can start to extend your family :)
ambass

Return to TTC After a Loss