TTC after early m/c in Feb

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after early m/c in Feb

Postby mrs.greenly » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:31 am

I am new to this board, and was hoping to reach out to those in the same position as I am.

Due to a very erratic cycle, I wasn't even aware I was pregnant until I miscarried at about 4 weeks. I am feeling pretty terrible that I didn't even know, but as I say, a long history of varied cycle length had me thinking nothing of the delay in AF. After that, I started tracking with Ovia Ovuline (just to use as a reference and log ) - it's not been the most helpful tool, as the irregular cycle stymies it often, and it stops giving any predictions.

In June we decided we'd like to TTC, and of course, completely erratic cycle length again. I've purchased OPK sticks and have been going through them religiously the past 2 weeks - while I'm aware starting them randomly in the middle of the cycle is probably just a waste of my money, I was hoping that I might "get lucky", since there's really no telling with me. I'm planning on purchasing a Basal thermometer - we live in a small community and the woman at our local pharmacy was like, " Basal what? " when I asked, so online purchase it is.

I guess most of my apprehension is a fear of infertility - I know that's pretty unrealistic at this point, as we just started trying in earnest. I'm an "actions" kind of girl, not wanting to wait for much of anything, and I guess am pretty frustrated that this really is something beyond my control and I can't just make it happen. Of course, I've been "researching" ( I do a lot of research for my job, it's near impossible for me to stop! ) and reading various material.

My DH's best friend and his wife have had several miscarriages on their journey to create their family, and makes me call out the numerous literature materials that have told me that a m/c is fairly common and probably wouldn't happen again.

My fears are irrational, I know. I've been trying to not think about it too much, atleast until AF arrives and I can start with the OPK in earnest.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to mellow out about this a little?

Thanks!
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Re: TTC after early m/c in Feb

Postby mylammie04 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi Mrs. Greenly,

I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

I completely understand how you're feeling about the varied cycle and just knowing that you're not in control. It's one of the hardest things to go through and it can easily be frustrating.

When my DH and I started trying, we knew it'd be a tough road due to my family's issues of conceiving, so we did not want to set expectations. I know...easier said than done. We did not expect the heart break of miscarriages, but what I found to help us through the grieving process was to do exactly what you're doing. Researching and finding out what we could do to better ourselves the next round. While conceiving is still out of our control, I went to ask my doctor about my cycles and get tested which led to my PCOS diagnosis. After each loss, we've just continued to figure out answers as best we could. I got a lot of blood work done and my DH had a semen analysis.

My suggestion is to seek out what's causing your varied cycles. Maybe some blood work might help with that since it's so hard to pin down ovulation with a varied cycle.

Also, I don't think your feelings are irrational at all! It is 100% normal to feel this way. TTC is sometimes a frustrating process -- for some it comes easily, and for others like us...not so much. This is one place that I've found understands the frustrations I've felt on our journey TTC as well.

I hope you have your rainbow baby soon and keep us posted.
Me: 34
DH: 34
TTC #1 since 01/14
Dx PCOS: 09/14
1st MC: 08/01/14 :angel:
2nd MC: 04/14/15 :angel:
3rd MC: 07/17/17 :angel:

RAINBOW BABY
02/14/16 :babyb:

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mrs.greenly » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks so much for your kind words, mylammie04.

I went to my family doctor a few months ago, for a pre-conception type appointment. Other than recommending pre-natal vitamins and keeping track of my cycle, he didn't seem to have any concerns - he's also the type of guy to not get too excited about anything, really. I expect I will have to request a referral, and I'm positive he will want to wait a solid 6 months or so ( I'm 29 ) before setting up anything. Not that I blame him, there's no need for me to jump to conclusions, I'm just not very patient!

I did read a book called the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant - along with very humorous content, it did set me at ease a bit. Didn't stop my ever-curious mind, though!

I brought a thermometer last night ( just a regular one - I can't justify spending more than the thermometer's worth in shipping at this point ) and my temp was 36.5 - apparently normal for post-ovulation, which is what I expected.We'll see if it is useful in the long-run - we didn't have a thermometer in the house regardless, so it was a good investment anyways!
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Postby mylammie04 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 am

I read that book too and loved it!!! The humor did help set me at ease and laugh a bit...I like that it's real and down to earth.

Keep us posted on how you're doing -- I know it'll be tough to be patient, but in the end, you will be glad you did when you get a BFP and a sticky little bean :)
TTC #1 since 01/14

RAINBOW BABY

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mrs.greenly » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:20 am

Agh! I'm so frustrated right now! Still no AF ( on CD 49!!!! ), never did get a +ve OPK, I've taken another HPT ( also negative ).

My ankles appear and feel swollen, which has never happened to me before - I'm willing to chalk it up to a very busy weekend playing in a baseball tournament, but even then, it's odd for me.

I'm hovering on the fence of getting into the Dr to have a chat about all of this. I've not had one "normal-ish" cycle since the m/c in Feb :(
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Postby mrs.greenly » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 am

CD 61, ugh.

I tried to schedule an appointment in with my dr to ask about blood testing - earliest I can get in is August 13th.

I did have EWCM yesterday ( I think - I've never really paid this close attention before ), and we BD last night - DH is now going onto midnight rotation at work and we won't be able to BD for atleast the next 3 days ( his continental shifts are wrecking our TTC plans! ).

Temp was up .1 C this morning as well, so I just don't know.

Here's to something going right!
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Postby mylammie04 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:19 am

Here's to hoping that this will lead to a BFP!

Crossing my fingers for you!
TTC #1 since 01/14

RAINBOW BABY

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mrs.greenly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks, mylammie!

I'm sure my earlier symptoms were not related after all, but I do think that my elevated temp this morning means I've ovulated. We BD 2 days prior, and even if it doesn't work out for us this time around, I'm really glad to FINALLY see the end in sight, so I can start a new cycle. This one has definitely been extremely frustrating!
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Postby mylammie04 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 am

That's good! I am still crossing my fingers for you :) Hopefully this is your cycle! I know...it's a frustrating road, but will be well worth it in the end. Keep me posted :)
TTC #1 since 01/14

RAINBOW BABY

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mrs.greenly » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:50 am

Finally got crosshairs on my chart! We also managed to BD once in the fertile window, so who knows what may come of it. Only takes once, right!
TTC#1
Me (29)
DH (33)

MC @ 3w - 02/20/15

mrs.greenly
Friend

Postby sweetangel70509 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:33 pm

First, I am glad to have stumbled upon his forum. I will try to keep my story reasonably short. My son was born about 7 years ago after an uncomplicated pregnancy. He is the light of my life and I am grateful to have him.

I had my first Mirena placed after my son was born. Then, after it expired I had it replaced. The new IUD was in for about a year before I started having some pains. My GYN found that my IUD had moved, so it was removed on December 23, 2014. My now husband and I decided to try to conceive instead of replacing the IUD or taking any birth control. We found out we were pregnant towards the end of January 2015.

I started bleeding around February 6th and went to see the doctor. An ultrasound revealed our sweet baby's heartbeat and the doctor assured me that my miscarriage risk was under 5% now. I was about 6.5 weeks along or so. When we came in for our follow up the next week, the ultrasound revealed no heartbeat. We lost our baby and the doctor said it was best to try to let the body heal on its own.

I bled for weeks and weeks. I cried just as much. My body wouldn't expel everything naturally, so they gave me medicine (pills dissolved at the cervix) to induce the rest of the miscarriage. When that failed, they put me on birth control to try to get my body to shed the entire uterine lining. After that failed, I had a D&C towards the end of April.

My husband and I were medically cleared to try again in May. My cycle was erratic and I wasn't ovulating, so my doctor put me on Clomid. I am supposed to take a pregnancy test in less than a week, and am trying to keep my sanity in the interim. I oscillate between being hopelessly hopeful and completely pessimistic.
sweetangel70509

Return to TTC After a Loss