Introduction

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Introduction

Postby tarabearaxoxo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 am

Hello Ladies,

My name is Tara. I lost my baby boy Maverick to pre-term labor at 23 weeks on May 24th of 2015. My doctor advised me I can start as soon as I get my periods back. I got my first period on June 22nd and my fiance and I got busy, I got a false positive due to residual HCG (didn't know that was a thing) on a FRER this month and AF came knocking down my door yesterday after getting my hopes up. This really should be a testament to how sensitive the FRERs really are. I got my hopes crushed when AF came and I am just having a hard time with this emotionally. I feel gutted inside and I miss my baby more than anything in this world. Getting pregnant with another blessing is all I think about.

How do I not let this consume me? Do any of you have any advice?

Thank you!
tarabearaxoxo
Friend

Re: Introduction

Postby justxher » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:28 am

Hi Tara, it is so nice to meet you. I am very sorry for the loss of your little boy and for the cruel trick the FRER played on you. I am here anytime if you would like to talk about him.

I also just lost my baby boy on June 30 due to preterm labour brought on my an infection. He was 18 weeks and otherwise perfectly healthy and growing well. Just extremely bad luck I guess. I've been testing to see the HCG drop but am due to get my period any day now and am also worried about a false positive on my first cycle too.

I know how you feel about being pregnant again, I am completely fixated on getting pregnant and it's all I can think of, even though it's only been 4.5 weeks. I know it won't bring Jase back but I believe it will bring me a sense of hope for the future and something to look forward to. I guess I need the reassurance that we will still have a family even though our son won't be there with us.

I wish I had some advice on how to not let it consume you but I am not doing a good job at that.
Me: 28
DH: 30
DS1: :angel: Baby Jase born 06/30/15, premature at 18w2d
DS2: June 25 2016

WTT - Nov 2017
justxher
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss