Cycle length after a miscarriage?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycle length after a miscarriage?

Postby eagermama » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:20 am

Alright, so i have a question for those who have had a miscarriage. My DH and I have been trying since last october to get pregnant (not really a year anniversary that anyone wants to celebrate! Haha.) We got a BFP in June but sadly had a MMC so had to go in for a D&C in July. I was nine weeks along, and my body wasnt registering the miscarriage so they thought a D&C would be better. My cycle was pretty regular before, about 24-29 days, ovulating usually around day 14. My doctor said i could start trying as soon as my first period happened (which she estimated to be in 2-3 weeks). Well after waiting, my first period came at CD 40. A little longer then expected, but reasonable, i mean it was a miscarriage! But then the next cycle was 37 days...ovulating around cd 24! My question is, were those 2 cycles flukes, or is this the new norm after my miscarriage? I dont want to miss ovulation based on thinking my cycle will be long and then have it return to normal. (Just a note, i dont temp because my daughter wakes me up random times throughout the night, and in the morning. I know ovulation hits because my chest starts to hurt the day after ovulation and stays until AF. I know it's weird, but it's at least predictable!)
Me-23
DH-27

Married 12/28/2011
DD born 3/2013
TTC since October 2014
BFP June 2015-Due date 2/24/16
Angel Baby at 9 weeks
My Chart
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a5cd1
eagermama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Cycle length after a miscarriage?

Postby Amanda0713 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am

I had a natural mc at 8 weeks and it took my cycle about 4 months (3 non mc AFs) to get back to normal. My first real cycle came 4 weeks after the mc bleed, the I had two cycles that were long for me, then a really weird short one where AF came a week early and lasted two weeks then back my normal 27 days. Everyone is different obviously but it will most likely go back to normal in a cycle or two. If you are trying, I'd probably get some cheapie opks and start testing as if you would have a shorter cycle that way you don't miss it. Then if you get a darker line you could always confirm with a brand name opk then. That's what I did. Good luck!
DS born 7/28/13
MC at 8 weeks June 2015
BFP 10/06/15
EDD 6/15/16

Amanda0713

Return to TTC After a Loss