New Preg or Leftover Hormone 9 weeks after D&C?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Preg or Leftover Hormone 9 weeks after D&C?

Postby torostars » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:43 am

I had a D&C 9 weeks ago, at 11w1d. I've been testing out the hcg on IC's, and finally, after 8 weeks of positives hpts, the test finally tapered off to a negative. I eagerly awaited my period. But after a week and no AF, I tested again and it was back to a faint positive, and now seems to be getting darker. This means I'm on CD 69 (!) post D&C.

What could this mean?

It doesn't seem that I could have ovulated, if I was still testing positive on the pregnancy tests during the time that I would've needed to conceive in order to have a bfp now. Or can you still ovulate if the hcg level is low? I've been charting, but bbt has been all over the place and not helpful.

I've had 3 losses in the last 16 months, so I feel like my perspective is skewed. With the first 2 MCs, which were natural, my body resumed regular cycles in a month.

Any thoughts or similar experiences are appreciated.
torostars

Re: New Preg or Leftover Hormone 9 weeks after D&C?

Postby southernbelle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:57 pm

It's possible if hcg is low enough. I'd call your doctor and see if you can get a scan. You might have a true bfp and they may be able to see something. If not they can run blood work to try and see what's going on.
NTNP

Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 weeks (Vitex)
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 weeks (Vitex)
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex)
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7 - Round 1
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Return to TTC After a Loss