TTC after miscarriage in May. Struggling to conceive.

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after miscarriage in May. Struggling to conceive.

Postby sweetmaria » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:46 am

Hi ladies,
first of all I am very sorry about your losses. It's a really devastating experience...

I was wondering if anybody else is struggling to conceive after m/c. I an on my 6th month of TTC after m/c and still no luck.
I have a 3 year old DS who was conceived on the first try. My second pregnancy was achieved on the 3d month of TTC.
I heard that you are more fertile after miscarriage, however, it is definitely NOT true for me. I also had irregular wonky cycles for 4 months, and they are finally starting to become somewhat more regular.
Is anyone else struggling to conceive after a miscarriage?

I was told by my GP to see her for initial fertility evaluation if I don't pregnant in 6 months. Sigh.

m/c: May 2015 (3 months TTC)
TTC for 6 months (after m/c)
sweetmaria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC after miscarriage in May. Struggling to conceive.

Postby southernbelle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 am

I'm sorry for your loss. I've had three losses in the last year - you could say I'm struggling. lol My first was conceived after a chemical pregnancy so she was easy. My problem this go round is getting it to stick.

Are you charting and using opks to get that window right? How far along were you in your pregnancy?
NTNP

Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 weeks (Vitex)
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 weeks (Vitex)
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex)
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7 - Round 1
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby sweetmaria » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 am

Thank you southernbelle... 3 losses ! that is really tough! did you have any blood tests/ultrasounds done? Did they show anything?

I have been charting and using OPKs for 5 months now. Was able to identify my fertile window and looks like I ovulate every month... but still no luck. My DH is convinced that it is due to stress as I struggled to move on, cried frequently and was very very sad for awhile.
On top of that, both of my sisters-in-law announced their pregnancies and already had their babies right around the same time I was going through all of this. It was really really tough for me to be around them and be happy for them.

My GP told me to come see her after 6 months of TTC so she can run some initial tests... have an appointment in early December... :cry:
sweetmaria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby southernbelle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:53 pm

I've had everything done! lol They don't know why I keep losing babies. Maybe bad luck and/or old eggs. It's gotten old though.

It could very well be stress. It's taken me a while to feel "ok" again. Hopefully you won't need the appt in December!
NTNP

Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 weeks (Vitex)
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 weeks (Vitex)
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex)
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7 - Round 1
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby elohcin76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 am

Thinking of you!! How are things now?

I've had 11 miscarriages at various stages, and each time it's taken a different length of time to conceive again. This time it took me over a year after my last "big" loss (which was only at about 5 weeks, but I had 3 chemical pregnancies after that, though they didn't affect my cycle or anything). But after my most traumatizing loss (a misdiagnosed ectopic where I lost my tube), I got pregnant (surprisingly, as we were TTA so I could heal) 4 months later. It was my healthiest pregnancy and baby yet!
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms and 11 in Heaven
elohcin76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss