Nov ectopic, could i be pg so soon?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Nov ectopic, could i be pg so soon?

Postby Callie789 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:56 pm

So last month i had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy :( The doctor said it could be up to 6 months before i ovulate again. But, 2.5 weeks later (11days ago), i felt that twinge in my right side that usually means im ovulating. We did the deed three x that night, with condoms every time. They never broke. But, each time we put them on at the end, before finishing but after he'd already been inside (sorry for the tmi). I wasnt worried about it but these last few days ive had no appetite, been really broken out and been really tired for just an hour or so in the afternoons--these are not at all normal for me and were my only warning signs before last months bfp. My appetite and energy levels returned to normal after the surgery (my hcg dropped fast), but now im feeling like i was the week before bfp. I read online that if you have sex more than once, some lingering sperm from the previous time can still make it through. As we didnt use the condom until the end, Im worried (/hopeful?) that this might have happened. I'll test in a few days but in the meantime im anxious! What do you ladies think? Could i be pregnant?
Callie789

Re: Nov ectopic, could i be pg so soon?

Postby elohcin76 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Could certainly be possible. After my ectopic (actually, after every one of my miscarriages), I ovulated right on time, approximately 14-16 days later. Didn't get pregnant that first cycle after my ectopic because I lost my tube and it was all quite traumatic, and we were shooting for some healing time, but I did 4 months later when I ovulated early by surprise.
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms and 11 in Heaven
elohcin76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Nov ectopic, could i be pg so soon?

Postby elohcin76 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Just looked at the date on this post...what did you find out?
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms and 11 in Heaven
elohcin76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss