If ivf has worked once will it work again?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

If ivf has worked once will it work again?

Postby poppyseed30 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi all,
I was lucky to conceive on our first attempt of ivf in February 2015 and we had our little girl in October 2015. Unfortunately our pregnancy was rough once we found out she had a very rare tumor. We were told we could terminate at 23wks but we decided to go ahead with the pregnancy and give her a chance. Sadly our much wanted baby girl passed away at 3wks old. We are still very determined to become parents and are doing a second icsi cycle in March. I've just been feeling a bit flat that it might not work and really need some success stories of people having more than one child via ivf, to give me hope that it can happen again. I just felt so lucky to get pregnant with our daughter that I feel our luck might be up.
Looking forward to hearing any stories xx
poppyseed30

Re: If ivf has worked once will it work again?

Postby bbe » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:20 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, hugs. I truly hope that your next IVF will result in a healthy pregnancy/baby. Sometimes it does takes couple cycles though, so be prepared for that, although I've seen others who just need one. I only had enough $$ for one cycle when I was ttc my second, thinking that was all I needed. Unfortunately it ended in s miscarriage. If I could do it over I would have waited to save more to try a couple times, but I'm already 34. So my advice to other people is try ivf thinking you'll need a couple cycles, but hopefully, God willing, one will be enough for you.
Me 34 DH 36
Ttc 1 since 2008
MFI, and blocked left tube
2 IUIs bfns
1st mini ivf bfn
2nd mini ivf bfp
DD born 2012
Ttc 2 2013
3rd mini ivf bfp
Miscarriage 7.5 weeks

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it "Be" and it is. (Quran 19:35)
bbe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC After a Loss