How long until need help getting AF?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How long until need help getting AF?

Postby JB7764 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:18 pm

I MC on 1/4 (bled for about 7days) and haven't had a non MC AF yet. I'm currently CD 35. Before MC I averaged 29 days. I'm just curious how long I should wait before I go in to get something to help AF come. I'm tired of waiting and just want to try again already, but I know it can take a while for AF to regulate so I don't want to push my body before it's ready. I just don't know when to consider this abnormal and get assistance.

Thanks for the help.
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: How long until need help getting AF?

Postby mrs.MSN » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 am

First of all, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss :(

I had a miscarriage last June and it took 9 weeks to get my period again. The wait is so difficult because you want nothing more than the opportunity to move on by trying again, but your body doesn't seem to be on the same page. I went to the doctor several times and each time she would do an ultrasound and say "any day now, or maybe you're pregnant"... and she'd draw another negative hcg, and then another week would pass with nothing. Nada. Zip.

Finally, over two months later it finally came. It was the saddest, lightest excuse of a period ever, but at least it was something.

While progesterones or birth control pills can be prescribed to induce withdrawal bleeding, the downside is that these hormones just throw your body for one more loop when it's trying to get itself sorted. While I remember how desperate I was to do something, anything, to get things moving again, in retrospect I am glad that my doctor didn't prescribe me any hormone treatments at that time. That said, everyone is different and you know what the best choice is for you.

I wish you the very best of luck moving forward through this challenging time.
mrs.MSN

Re: How long until need help getting AF?

Postby JB7764 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 am

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry you also had to experience this.

My wait ended up only being about a 5 week wait. I'm glad you posted your experience on here because I didn't think about how it would really just be adding more hormones into the mix that I really wouldn't have wanted. If I experience this again (I hope I don't) I will definitely try to avoid adding to the hormones I already had going on.

Thanks for sharing this with me.
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml