TTC after miscarriage in December

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after miscarriage in December

Postby Lk44 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:39 am

Hi everyone! I have to say reading these message boards have been hugely helpful to me. I've learned more about conceiving, pregnancy, and miscarriage on these kinds of discussion boards than from my own doctor.

I found out I was miscarrying on 12/10 at 9 weeks and opted to have a d&c 12/17. I spotted brown mucous in January for 2 weeks before getting a period in 1/17. Felt ovulation pains on 1/8 and 2/9 which seemed pretty consistent to me. Started spotting 2/11 which is what happened during my first pregnancy. I had light spotting for 5 days thinking it was an early light period. I've taken 3 tests and all have come back negative. I feel like I'm making myself crazy comparing this experience to my last (and only). I didn't even realize I had any symptoms last time as I was planning my wedding. I'm afraid I'm reading too far into any little sign.

I guess I'm just hoping for some support from other women who anxiously await a positive test! Any thoughts? Anyone have similar symptoms?
Lk44
Friend

Re: TTC after miscarriage in December

Postby ws9448 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 am

I am currently 4 weeks post m/c (but 3 weeks after spotting finally stopped). But before I got my BFP in December I had light spotting for about 5 days before my missed period, but after ovulation. I think it turned out to be implantation, because I had never had that. What was your result?
ws9448
Friend

Postby Lk44 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

I ended up getting my period after 8 days of spotting and my period lasted 10 days. I have read that low progesterone can cause spotting before periods. I'm hoping it's not that and that maybe my body is still working to get back to normal. I have my annual gyn appointment next week and plan on asking what could be causing that. I can let you know what she says. Hoping for good news!
Lk44
Friend

Postby ws9448 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 am

Well here we are a month later. Everything seem back to normal for you? I had a normal cycle about 3 weeks ago and got + on my ov test last week. Currently in my TWW.
ws9448
Friend

Postby Lk44 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:37 am

So glad you had a normal cycle! My doctor ended up sending me for an ultrasound on the 10th to make sure there wasn't any tissue left behind from the d&c. They told me everything looked fine and to wait and see if I had a normal period or not and then would put me on provera. I started up with spotting this past Friday and my period was due to start today. I took a test this morning to pretty much see that it was negative so I could stop obsessing and low and behold there was a faint positive! I'm excited and terrified at the same time because I passed a good sized brown clot yesterday. I called the doctor and they're going to do quant blood work today and Thursday to see if the levels double. It's going to be a long week :( but I'm remaining hopeful. So ironic that you checked in today! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way during your tww! Keep me posted! I'll let you know how my levels look later this week
Lk44
Friend

Postby Lk44 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:52 am

The doctor called this morning with good news! My hcg doubled in 48 hours (47 at 12 dpo and 102 at 14 dpo) and my progesterone was 48 which is good and high. I'm feeling much more relieved and can finally enjoy this time. I'll go in for an ultra sound in about 2 weeks. Keep me posted on your progress!
Lk44
Friend

Return to TTC After a Loss