Shorter luteal phase after miscarriage

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Shorter luteal phase after miscarriage

Postby magicabula » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:58 pm

So I sadly had to medically manage my pregnancy, to use an euphemism.
I was very lucky to conceive on Cycle#2 but unfortunately was a blighted ovum which was obvious from the start, we waited until 7 weeks for confirmation and then I took mife/miso.

Counting the misoprostol day as CD1, I ovulated on CD18 (only 1-2 days later than usual), did SMEP once OPK was +, used instead softcups, grapefruit juice and guaifenesine for CM and was taking vitex as well.

My LP has always been 12 days, or at least since I started charting almost 10 years ago.

This time round I started spotting on 8dpo which got me all excited, then continued heavier and heavier until AF showed up in a spectacular fashion on 11dpo! Thus making my LP 10 days rather than my usual 12.

Has anyone else noticed this after miscarriage/abortion/D&C? And does it go back to normal? I never knew this could happen... I'm planning on going on progesterone cream this moth after O.
Conceived #1 on cycle #2, blighted ovum, medically managed at 7 weeks.
Back on the TTC wagon!
magicabula

Re: Shorter luteal phase after miscarriage

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Im sorry to hear about ur loss,i think is natural for ur body to be a bit out of balance after something like that,give it 1-2 cycles and see how things are and if they don't return to normal talk to ur doc.
Progesterone cream can be of help!
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Shorter luteal phase after miscarriage

Postby magicabula » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:44 am

Thanks Danaa :)
I probably shouldn't be too surprised!
Conceived #1 on cycle #2, blighted ovum, medically managed at 7 weeks.
Back on the TTC wagon!
magicabula

Return to TTC After a Loss