TTC after miscarriage at 6 weeks

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after miscarriage at 6 weeks

Postby mellowpie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 am

Hello everyone! I'm 39 and just got married in October. We got pregnant in November and when we went in for our u/s at 7 1/2 weeks the baby only measured 6 weeks. We came back a week later and the baby measured the same. My doctor told me that the pregnancy would most likely end up in a miscarrige. Later that nigh, I did miscarry. That was on 12/30/16. Two weeks later I tested positive using an opk. Hoping I get my period this weekend or next week so I know my body is back on track. My question to evreyone is this: is it ok to try again the next time I ovulate or should I really wait until next time when my body has gone through a full cycle? I've ready lots of information supporting both sides. I just don't want to wait due to my age and the fact that I want nothing more than to be pregnant again. Obviously if it would be safer to wait another month I will, just needing to get some advice. My doctor suggested waiting 1-2 cycles in case my miscarriage was from a lining issue.
mellowpie

Return to TTC After a Loss