Chemical@5weeks - B Complex & Baby Aspirin?

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Chemical@5weeks - B Complex & Baby Aspirin?

Postby BabyBassy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi everybody,

Firstly I am sorry that you are having to venture down to this board. I am new here and have just suffered a chemical @ 5 weeks.

I got my first positive HPT last Monday, it gradually got darker until Thursday AM, it was significantly lighter. I immediately started to panic and went to see my DR for bloods. They came back at HCG 9 :( terribly low. I held out hope.. read a million stories of successful low HCG pregnancies, however it wasn't meant to be! I went for 2nd round of bloods on Saturday, and by the time I had got home I had started to bleed. Those bloods came back @ <2 :cry: I suppose at least it left my system fairly quickly.

We had only began trying in December '16, so I am quite lucky to have fallen pregnant on our 2nd cycle trying. I am just so curious as to why the little bean couldn't/wouldn't stick. My LP is approx 15 days, so its not on the short side. My partner is feeling positive, he was a bit bummed but said its okay! Time to get back on the saddle! :D

I am looking for opinions on taking B Complex (along with prenatal), and baby aspirin? Alot of chat on the internet about the aspirin in particular...

Babybassy xxx
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
TTC #1 since December '16 :D
1 CP - 4 Feb '17 @ 5 weeks
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Chemical@5weeks - B Complex & Baby Aspirin?

Postby Danaa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Im sorry to hear about ur loss,ur story is very similar to mine,I also had a chemical a few months ago,I found out on a Thursday that my HCG levels were 9 and Sunday I started bleeding..
Is hard but it gets better,I think you should start the baby aspirin and the prenatals,I don't know much about the B complex but I don't think it will do any harm.
I wish you good luck and I hope you get ur sticky bfp really soon!!
By the way I'm pregnant again 11 weeks this Wednesday,my pregnancies were Ivf but the important thing is it can happen !!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. While I don't have experience there, I can share my experience with B vitimins the last two cycles.

The first month, I was taking 50 mg of B6 daily. It gave me a full 7 days of ewcm when I normally just get one or two (woohoo!) This was great, but confused me at the time and I wasted a ton of opk's thinking I was going to O early due to the abundance of ewcm. I usually have an 11 day luteal phase, but the b6 lengthened it to 12/13 days. That was also very confusing once AF was due, and I wasted a ton of hpts and mental energy over the thought that I might be pregnant.

This cycle, I upped my dose to 75 mg of B6 and added a b complex (no b6, took it for the b12 as you're supposed to take them together). I upped it to help thicken my uterine lining, because my periods have been little more than a few days of spotting since I got my IUD out.

I have a very predictable cycle: 27 days, and I O on CD 16. This cycle, thanks to the B vitamins, I'm on CD 20 with a maybe almost positive opk. Normally I get my first clear positive opk on CD 14. (I stopped taking the b vitamins on CD 14).

I learned that B vitamins can move O. For some people, it moved it forward, others it delays it, or can even prevent it. They help you metabolize estrogen. So for some people, like me apparently, it doesn't allow estrogen to build up enough to trigger a LH surge and ovulation. One girl I found reported a 70 day anovulatory cycle!

Even though b vitamins are water soluble, when taken at higher doses, they do build up in your system. I'm trying to flush them out with water intake, but I read it could take up to 25 days.

So to sum it up, I loved the extra ewcm, energy, and mood boost it provided, plus the other supposed benefits I didn't necessarily have proof of (thicker lining, metabolic support, etc). But having such predictable cycles, the benefits weren't worth the confusion of if/when I was going to O and when AF was going to show up, so I won't be taking them from here on out.

A lot of people don't have these issues on them, but my googling suggests a lot of people do! So if you are going to try them, just be aware that they may have an affect on the timing of your cycles.

One last note: some people just take them after O. This may lengthen your luteal phase, but is supposed to help still with lining issues and won't mess up when you O.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BabyBassy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:40 pm

HI Danaa,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply =) oh congratulations, so glad the little bean is sticking for you! I hope all goes well and keep me updated!

I am hoping today will be the last day of AF, so tomorrow I may start baby aspirin.. or do you take yours during AF too?
xx

BeeCee

Thank you for such an informative post. I have also wondered if the b vitamins may extend my cycle - which I wouldn't want. I don't have a short LP, and my cycle before this chemical was about 31-33 days. I would ovulate on day 17-18. I only thought I would give them a go to help boost progesterone as maybe that is why the little bean wouldn't stick..
Having said that, I understand that sometimes chemicals happen maybe due to chromosome abnormalities. Something that I wouldn't be able to control.. so I may be going overboard with thinking of what I can do to help.
I may now just take the vitamin B complex after I ovulate. I couldn't think of anything worse than having an extremely long cycle, i already am praying that this cycle is relatively normal after the chemical.. today is only CD4..
Thanks so much Bee Cee. I will keep in touch with you ladies via this thread.
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:56 pm

BabyBassy, did you spot at all early in your pregnancy, or do you ever spot in your LP? Do you temp, and if so, do your temps stay up nicely above coverline for your whole LP? Do you experience sore breasts, or other progesterone related symptoms during your LP? If you haven't experienced spotting, aren't worried about your temps, and get regular tww symptoms, I'd say you probably don't have an issue with low progesterone, but it's not a guarantee. The b6 would help if that was an issue, but will likely lengthen your luteal phase.

You are right, though, that pregnancies can be lost due to a whole host of problems completly unrelated to your body. I hope you see a sticky BFP soon!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BabyBassy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Hey BeeCee

Nope. I dont spot, and I dont have sore breasts during LP. I have just started to temp this cycle, and I have been using OPKs for a few months. During the TWW of the chemical, I didnt have barely any symptoms, I was convinced I was out for the month. A few minor twinges 1-4DPO, but after that I felt absolutely nothing. It was only when I got the 1st positive HPT@12DPO through to 15DPO that I felt like i was carrying a pouch in my belly, very tender belly, very bloated. But now I dont know whether that was normal pregnancy symptoms, or miscarriage symptoms (my darkest HPT was 13DPO).

I think I am going to give the B vitamins a miss...
Me - 29yo
Him - 36yo
BabyBassy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Probably smart, in my opinion. You were able to get pregnant before, so I'd stick with what you were doing! I keep reminding myself of that, too. Next cycle will be au naturale!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC After a Loss