TTC after miscarriage

Are you ready to start trying again after a loss? Ask questions or find buddies here.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC after miscarriage

Postby Mom2alexis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 am

Hi ladies this is my first time ever posting on any forum. I found out I was pregnant with my second child(first one is 5) mid may 2018. On June 1st I started to have a miscarriage and by June 4th had past everything on my own. Had ultrasound June 11th to confirm everything had passes. I have always had 28 day cycles. We didn't wait before ttc again. On July 5th I started spotting for 3 days. Before the spotting my boobs hurt and now even after the spotting my boobs still hurt. I have taken hpt and the lines have been so faint you can't hardly see them and haven't got any darker in the last week and a half. I am just so confused. I feel like my body hates me is playing games with me. Anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks for reading.
Mom2alexis

Re: TTC after miscarriage

Postby Danaa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:04 am

If the lines aren’t getting any darker Is not a good sign is either a chemical or bad tests giving evaps or indent lines.Sorry about your loss,hopefully you conceive again soon with no problems.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC after miscarriage

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Unfortunately, yes. I had no problems getting pregnant with my 3 year old, but trying for number 2 has been a much more complicated journey. I had two early miscarriages last year where I'd test positive and mc within a week or so. My tests got sightly darker, but then began getting lighter.

After a lot of trouble finding the right doctor, we discovered that I was experiencing weak ovulations. Basically I was ovulating before I had a strong, mature follicle and egg. So even if the egg was fertilized, the corpus luteum was weak and had not provided adequate progesterone to prepare the uterine lining or support a pregnancy. I'm on cycle 2 of letrozole in an attempt to fix this. It blocks estrogen receptors, tricking your body into pumping out more FSH and resulting in a stronger O.

Everybody's story is different and you may really have just had a case of back to back bad luck, but if you feel like you'd like to look into things, checking your progesterone is a good place to start. Letrozole is inexpensive (with my insurance it's less than $2/cycle) so it's a pretty easy solution if that's what your trouble ends up being.

I'm sorry you're having to experience this. Best of luck. <3
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend