Am I ovulating? OPK + Irregular Cycles

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Am I ovulating? OPK + Irregular Cycles

Postby Ryansmom777 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 am

I have been TTC #2 with my partner for 3 months now. I started tracking ovulation this month to pin point the best time to have sex.. My cycles are usually a full month apart and I have been tracking periods since we started TTC.

The app I'm using says my ovulation should have occurred November 12th but its now the 14th and I'm not getting positive OPKs. They have actually been consistently faint since CD12 and I'm on CD20 now and they look the same!

I should also note that I came off of birth control (mirena) end of July.

Please help!
Attachments
rsz_20181114_124001.jpg
(160.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ryansmom777

Re: Am I ovulating? OPK + Irregular Cycles

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:29 pm

How long are your cycles? Your app has no way of knowing when you ovulate, it can just give you a guess based on averages. Look for fertile cm (watery or egg white consistency) that indicates you're close to O and keep watching those opk's. :)
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ryansmom777 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:How long are your cycles? Your app has no way of knowing when you ovulate, it can just give you a guess based on averages. Look for fertile cm (watery or egg white consistency) that indicates you're close to O and keep watching those opk's. :)

Thanks!! I know the app is just a guess, I just figured it isn't much time in between my usual time of the month for the wait in between ovulating and starting my period. Thanks again :)
Ryansmom777

Postby TataNech » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:12 am

Hey girls, help with advice. Already several cycles in a row ovulation don't occur. I made folliculometry, and it turned out that the follicles grow to a certain size and then stop growing, respectively, don't burst and ovulation doesn't occur. The doctor suggests taking estrogen, but I don't want to be etched by the hormones. Maybe someone had smth similar?
Children are a gift. Xo xo Mommys Tips :kiss:
TataNech

Postby TataNech » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:14 am

Plus, I have irregular cycles. It happens that menstruation comes once per 3-4 months.
Children are a gift. Xo xo Mommys Tips :kiss:
TataNech

Postby Caprice » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 am

Hello, there! There's no need to worry. Apps can normally be inaccurate. Have you consulted a doctor, yet? I think a professional opinion goes a long way. Plus, coming off birth control can cause some irregularities. I'm sure it's nothing!
Caprice
Friend

Return to Ovulation