Faint + then Yes+ Then 2 No’s, AF in 2 days

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Faint + then Yes+ Then 2 No’s, AF in 2 days

Postby Jesscannon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Hello ladies my husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child for two years now. I normally do not test before my missed period but I just had a feeling. My breasts are only slightly tender and I also have very mild dull ache/cramping in my abdomen and back. I decided to take a test on January 5th around 1:00pm and got a faint blue line within seconds. Shocked I decided to test again so I drank a bunch of water and peed in a cup and dipped the first response tests. They were also very faint so I could not tell if they were pink lines or possibly just grey lines but I could still see them. That night I took a digital and got a No. the next morning I took a FRER and couldn’t tell if there was a line. Later that day I decided to test again and got a yes with the FRER with the digital one. Since then I have only gotten negative results and Nos for almost two days. My period is suppose to start eitherctje 9th or 10th of January. I also had a UTI during all this testing and my body mass index is about 17.5. I am told by a friend that matters. Am I pregnant?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Jesscannon
Friend

Re: Faint + then Yes+ Then 2 No’s, AF in 2 days

Postby orchidsea2016 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 am

When you are testing early you can have different dilutions of urine that can show negative because it’s not concentrated. I suggest waiting until the day your AF is due and get a good first morning hold concentrated urine sample for testing. It could also be a chemical pregnancy where something didn’t happen quite right and it’s not a viable pregnancy. Keep us posted and fingers crossed for you.
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jesscannon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:40 am

Thank you so much! I’ll keep you posted. I am having some mild cramping today and also had a No- this morning. I will wait a few days and see what happens.
Jesscannon
Friend

Postby Jesscannon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Here is an update. Please tell me your thoughts. I owed in a cup this afternoon and got a very faint line with FRER test almost too hard to tell if it was just an indent line, so I decide to dip a clear blue digital in the cup and it said PREGNANT!! Can I trust this with the No’s I have been getting?
Jesscannon
Friend

Postby orchidsea2016 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:23 am

It sounds like you are pregnant but I would be cautious and wait and see if your lines get darker. The pregnancy hormone in your urine should double every two days. I say wait two days and dip another frer and see if your line is darker
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby orchidsea2016 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 am

Can you post a pic of the faint frer??
Me-39 DH-37
orchidsea2016
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby GKR_1985 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

Sounds like you are still very early and getting mixed results due to low HCG. Hopefully in a couple of days things will get more established and your results will be more constant. I agree with the previous poster, post pics!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jesscannon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Hey ladies here’s an update! I had an appointment with my dr last Wednesday and he confirmed with a blood test and urine test that I am Pregnant!! I am waiting for my second blood test to see if my levels are doubling but he didn’t seem concerned as of yet. Also I’ll post a picture of my faint positive test. I hope it helps some of you possibly wondering and going through what I did.
Jesscannon
Friend

Postby Jesscannon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Ok does anyone know how to upload a photo here. I feel a little silly
Jesscannon
Friend

Postby GKR_1985 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Yes you have to go to a post page, for instance by replying to this thread, and then pick the button that says choose file. choose the file on your computer but make sure that you have made it small beforehand because large ones will not upload. Once that's done pick the add file button and that should add it to the Post. If all that seems too difficult just uploaded to Google photos get Google photos to give you a shareable link and post that as text in a reply and we can all use the link to see the photo.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)