Beta 283

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Beta 283

Postby skye skye » Fri May 17, 2013 7:03 am

I'm so glad you got to keep your right ovary Rad. Someone was looking out for you yesterday! And yes, at least now you know what really was going on. I'm so happy that we can help make things easier on you - that's surely what we're here for! :D I hope you recover nicely and can get back to TTC soon. :hugs:
Me: 29
DH: 37
Married 12-13-14
TTC #1 since January 2013

:bfp: July 9, 2014 - natural m/c July 19, 2014 @ 5w6d
:bfp: January 18, 2015 - missed mc, D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: July 8, 2015
skye skye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 am

so sorry pray that next chance you are allowed to go forward and try agin that all of this cleaning up of your women parts helps you get PG easy!

Me (39) FSH: 5.82 with all other bloods perfect on CD3 so why can't we get pregnant! SCREAM (MTHFR, 1 Copy of A1289C) Still should not prevent me from achieving the ultimate goal, SCREAM some more!
DH (36)
DS1 (22)
DS2 (19)
DD (16)
DSS (10)
DSS (7)
Furbaby Cleo (4)

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" - anonymous...

My Ovulation Chart
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KTBrown » Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am

I am confused; what happened to your other ovary? Why in the world would a tube be damaged, unless by another ectopic??? But this is your first BFP that wouldn't make sense.

I am glad they figured it out, but what a frustrating journey!!!
KTBrown/ Carrying a miracle to term: EDD 09/07/2015
Andrew 10/10/2013
Joshua 06/14/2011
Elijah 10/05/09
Isaac 08/08/08
KTBrown
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Fri May 17, 2013 1:23 pm

I got to talk to my RE, who got a follow up from the OB. It looks like I have endometriosis. My RE said that he was told that my left tube was full of scar tissue and just an utter mess. The OB had told my husband after I was out that it would have taken dynamite for an egg to get through that tube. So while my HSG in January showed it as clear, it was a nightmare in there. I have a follow up with the OB May 30th, as it's going to take a week or 10 days for all of my lab work and results to come back from the different labs. I should be able to find out then what my right side looked like, as the OB said he was going to look over everything while he was in there, since it was my first lap.

The ovary issue is actually how I found out I was pregnant. During a routine consultation ultrasound my RE found a baseball sized cyst in my right ovary. To get it down, he was going to put me on birth control. So he did a pregnancy test and told me when my period started to start the pill to try to resolve the cyst without surgery. Turns out I was pregnant. My appointment that day was on the day my period was due, so I hadn't tested yet, as I hadn't "missed" my period yet.

My RE and the OB believe the cyst was swelling due to the pregnancy hormones, because by last night it had swelled to the size of a small melon. So they did a d&c, then the lap to look for the ectopic and drain the cyst. They couldn't see the ectopic on ultrasound on the left, and my RE was actually concerned that the egg from my left ovary had somehow ended up in my right tube and was being obscured by the cyst. The cyst was so big, it was obscuring everything on the right side. But it ended up the ectopic was buried deep in my left tube.

The OB was almost certain though I was going to lose the right ovary because he said with cysts that size, they generally find that there is no ovary tissue left, only cysts. But I was lucky and he said the ovary tissue was all still there and he could just excise and drain the cyst and remove it from my right ovary. They also sent that out for testing.

The OB also told me RE that I have alot of scar tissue throughout my abdomen. So my RE wants to see me in June, but told me over the phone that I should definitely put the idea of IVF in my mind. He said it's not 100% as he doesn't know yet what condition my right tube is in, but he wants me to be conscious that it is a very likely possibility for me to safely get pregnant. So we will see.

This whole thing has been totally crazy though. I guess that can happen with a spontaneous natural pregnancy after nothing for so many years =/
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

With this being your first pregnancy, how did all the scar tissue occur? have you had surgeries/procedures; hernias? PID?? This sounds medically mysterious and Im sorry for your troubles

Me (39) FSH: 5.82 with all other bloods perfect on CD3 so why can't we get pregnant! SCREAM (MTHFR, 1 Copy of A1289C) Still should not prevent me from achieving the ultimate goal, SCREAM some more!
DH (36)
DS1 (22)
DS2 (19)
DD (16)
DSS (10)
DSS (7)
Furbaby Cleo (4)

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" - anonymous...

My Ovulation Chart
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Fri May 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Tee2876 wrote:With this being your first pregnancy, how did all the scar tissue occur? have you had surgeries/procedures; hernias? PID?? This sounds medically mysterious and Im sorry for your troubles

It looks like I have endometriosis. So now it's going to be figuring out what stage and how bad it is =(.
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KTBrown » Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 pm

So I know with my sister having endometriosis, and can cause fertility issues; with it being as bad as it is, this has been a long time in forming; Do you suppose this has been the reason for the long ttc? At least in my mind you finally have a reason for this problem, and as long as the endometriosis is monitored, and now the initial pregnancy I don't see why you can't conceive. While I think the loss is cruel considering how long you have waited for it, it might be a blessing in disguise....
KTBrown/ Carrying a miracle to term: EDD 09/07/2015
Andrew 10/10/2013
Joshua 06/14/2011
Elijah 10/05/09
Isaac 08/08/08
KTBrown
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Fri May 17, 2013 6:27 pm

KTBrown wrote:So I know with my sister having endometriosis, and can cause fertility issues; with it being as bad as it is, this has been a long time in forming; Do you suppose this has been the reason for the long ttc? At least in my mind you finally have a reason for this problem, and as long as the endometriosis is monitored, and now the initial pregnancy I don't see why you can't conceive. While I think the loss is cruel considering how long you have waited for it, it might be a blessing in disguise....

Thats how I am looking at it. My RE suspected I might have had it, but I was still consulting with him, and since it doesn't cause me any pain, he said the only reliable way to find it would be how we found it, through a lap. I'd only had a pelvic, some bloodwork, an HSG, and a couple transvaginal ultrasounds with my RE when I ended up pregnant. So it definitely is a blessing in disguise for me. I know what is wrong, and we will figure out what I can do. If it is treatable, then I treat it, if not, then I just save up the $$ for IVF and go that route, without wasting money on treatments unnecessarily. So all in all, it's horrible that I had to lose a pregnancy to find out, but now I know =).
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)