Need advice on test (pic included)

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need advice on test (pic included)

Postby SEL » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi. For about four days now I have had "activity" or "disturbances" (only way I can describe it) on my tests. I'm on progesterone and today is my last day to take it (I'm 14dpo) so need to know if I should stop or carry on. This is a clear blue rapid detection test. I have had shadowy lines on all of my tests. If it was a true BFP, shouldn't the tests have darkened by now. I have to take a pic and tweak them but the disturbances still show up. I would really appreciate it if you could reply if you have any insight or had a similar thing happen to you.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Need advice on test (pic included)

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I think those blue line test always show some faint shadow; I literally have never used one that didn't have something show up, especially if it was past the 5 min reading limit. That looks like an evap line to me as it is off to the left and not in the center. And yes, I would think that at 14DPO and with multiple tests, you would be seeing a progression by now. But maybe you just test late? There is no hard rule that if you don't have a blazing positive by 14DPO that you aren't pregnant! ;)
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SEL » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Yeah, you pretty much summed it up for me...you think they would have gotten darker by now. I have also heard that some women have a small amount of HCG in their system anyway and could show as a shadow line on a test. I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of them :roll:

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Your chart looks excellent by the way thirdnerd :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ChristinRee0229 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me on those test. I know it can be super aggravating. Best of luck to you!
ChristinRee0229
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SEL » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks ChristinRee, I am not going to carry on with the progesterone and next month am testing once only on 14dpo lol! These tests play mind games with you!

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:30 pm

SEL: you think? I am new to charting, so I'm not really sure what I'm even looking at, but I figure as long as the temps stay above the coverline, I'm in the good. ;) Thanks for mentioning it! I agree about testing before period is due, it is so disheartening to see a negative, even if you logically know it's still early. I hope to see you get yours very soon!
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Happyfroggy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Sorry but I don't trust ANY blue dye tests. They are notoriously less reliable than pink dye tests. I would buy a first response next time but make sure you buy the version that isn't curved (with neon pink writing on the stick) they don't work as good as the original version which are straight and have grey writing on the stick.

I've never had any kind of evap or indent on the 'good version' of FRER and they are by far the most sensitive I've tried. LOL I sound like I work for the company but seriously I just love those tests.

I do find any kind of line/evap is better than stark white because you never know but blue dyes are just soooo known for giving light lines no matter what but let's stay hopeful!!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:31 am

Thanks Happy. I will look out for them. Big lesson learned here but am so thankful to have access to a website of wonderful responsive ladies during this process.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:33 am

Pretty much exactly what Happy said is what I'd say lol.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson