Oh really, clear blue?!

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Oh really, clear blue?!

Postby B Michaelson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:45 am

Ya ignore the line in the digi. They measure multiple levels, including lh, so there will always be a second line.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 am

B Michaelson wrote:Ya ignore the line in the digi. They measure multiple levels, including lh, so there will always be a second line.

I had never heard this so I looked it up. This person actually called the company and asked, and they said they don't detect anything but HCG. http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregna ... ction.html
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am

I did find this, which was interesting:

Faint Lines/NO BFPs
Inside of a digital pregnancy test. Need advice!
I took a digital pregnancy test on Thursday. It was 13 days past ovulation. It showed not pregnant. Well 3 days later (today) I thought to myself ... I wonder what the inside of a digital pregnancy test looks like! So as gross as this sounds, I went to the trash and got the used pregnancy test. I busted it open and this is what I found.... is the line so faint it didn't register? I'm too nervous to take another right now of a false negative and disapointment.Please download Glow apps to view the image.
Ji Posted at Jun 06, 2015 • 25 responses
Glow Pages:
Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Responsive image Responsive image Responsive image
Ji Posted at Jun 06, 2015
That makes sense. Thank you! I'm also 6 days late.. so keeping my fingers crossed!
La Posted at Jun 06, 2015
Definitely try a FRER with FMU. I only used a digital to confirm.
Lo Posted at Jun 06, 2015
Maybe try a first response instead of a digital?
Ja Posted at Jun 06, 2015
Q: Why is there usually two lines on a digital even when you aren't pregnant?A: The digital pregnancy test, tests for the the "free beta-subunit and beta-subunit core fragment" not just regular HCG. It is commonly referred in the chemistry field as BhCG. BhCG is something that is "free" in you system at all times it is one of the first hormones to become elevated during early pregnancy. h-hCG or hyperglycosylated hCG is the actual front runner in become elevated during early pregnancy; even as early as 3 days after conception.Yes, you did read that right. Hyperglycosylated hCG becomes elevated 3 days after the fertilization of the egg. There is actually a patent pending pregnancy tests for calves so that breeders can determine a successful breeding 3 days after conception. I kid you not.The digital test has nothing to do with LH or anything like that. The second faint line that is usually always there is produced from free B-hCG. It really means nothing if you have two lines on your digital pregnancy test.I mean if you were obsessed like me you could take a digital test every day and see if the "faint" lines get an darker LOL That could indeed signal pregnancy. But...I have no money to but digital HPTs for that purpose...they are quite expensive aren't they?? ;)
http://poasaholic.blogspot.com/2009/04/ ... s.html?m=1
Ja: Hence why water had just one line.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)