Worried about progression, help please*update*

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Worried about progression, help please*update*

Postby kesney05 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm roughly around 5 weeks. I got my ICs in the mail thursday and I just barely beat the control line Friday. Today's tests looks lighter. The bottom 2 tests are from today and one of them looks faulty (only half of the test worked) I'm hoping that I got a bad batch and that's why I'm not beating the control. Do any of you have 5 week IC tests? Should I be worried? Please help. TIA

Last edited by kesney05 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kesney05
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Worried about progression, help please

Postby orchidsea2016 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Too many factors when you are just beating the control line. I wouldn't trust a pee test go get your blood drawn twice it's the only way to really know. But honestly they don't look that different and they get darker as they dry. Hugs and hang in there!!!
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby kesney05 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks for the quick response!!! I'm also wondering if I'm experiencing the hook effect
kesney05
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby orchidsea2016 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:34 pm

You could always go buy the clear blue weeks estimator and take one with a good hold and wait week and take another one...they at least have a little range on them.
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 pm

I think your tests are looking great. I agree, get the weeks estimator if you're wondering. I just miscarried at 5 weeks and my cheapies never got as dark as yours.

One thing they'll ask you if you say you're​ worried is whether you have had a sudden stop in the symptoms you have been having. For me, the pulling, stretching cramps I had went away suddenly just before 5 weeks, as did the increased urination and afternoon fatigue. Then I started spotting a few days later. Even then they told me all could be well and it wasn't until I had two blood draws done that it was confirmed I was miscarrying.

I should note that some people don't have symptoms until closer to 6 weeks when hormones really surge, so a lack of symptoms isn't a bad sign.

I just felt there was something weird with my whole last pregnancy. I tried to bury those feelings, reminding myself that i never had any issues before this, but unfortunately my gut was right. If it's just the lines you're worried about, I'd try to just stop testing and see how things go. If you have other concerns, or just a gut feeling things aren't right, call your doctor and request a blood draw to check your betas.

I hope all is well and you are worrying over nothing. ;)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kesney05 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks for all the advice everyone. As far as symptoms go, I'm only experiencing fatigue and sore boobs. Slight nausea on and off. I had pinkish brown spotting around the time AF was suppose to come. I had that as well with my DD. I had a miscarriage a couple years ago at 5 weeks. My ICs were super faint and never progressed (pic below) but with my previous successful pregnancies, I think I was beating the control line by now which has me worried as heck. I wish I saved those tests with DPO on them.

kesney05
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby kesney05 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:22 am

I'm a nurse and work nights in surgery, they have small portable ultrasounds for finding arteries on patients who need central lines placed. I used it and could see what looks like a gestional sac for 5 weeks. I'm feeling a little better about the progression on the pregnancy. My test this morning was again slightly darker then control line. FX it gets darker tomorrow

kesney05
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Worried about progression, help please*update*

Postby beckyrae88 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 am

I beat the control line ONCE on wondfos when I was around 6 weeks. I took a couple cheapies the other day just for fun and the test line still isn't darker than the control line and I'm 15 weeks along, lol. So cheapies really aren't great if you want to see the test line beat the control. Frer is awesome for that, or even clearblue would be better than cheapies!

Also I tried diluting the urine in case it was the hook effect and the test looked the same as undiluted.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Worried about progression, help please*update*

Postby orchidsea2016 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 am

Well the sac looks good and try to not worry too much...I told myself that god gives us the babies we are supposed to raise....hugs
Me-39 DH-37
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)