FRER control not getting lighter

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

FRER control not getting lighter

Postby margwood » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 am

So I tested 10/14/18 dpo and progressed nicely then took one today at 22dpo and it was identical to the 18dpo and I'm freaking out - I thought by now the test line would be darker than the control line. I'm really worried now - I lost a pregnancy at 20 weeks in July and with her by 19dpo the test line pulled most of the colour over from the control line so the fact this hasn't, not even slightly worries me....anyone else same stage or have any good stories - or bad as would prefer to know!

I've atached the 18 and 22 dpo FRER (top 18) I'm also doing cheapies and theyre getting no darker over last 5 days....I had a MC also back in November and the same thing happened with lines getting only to a certain stage.
Attachments
hpt3.jpg
hpt3.jpg (26.57 KiB) Viewed 558 times
margwood
Friend

Re: FRER control not getting lighter

Postby margwood » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 am

anyone have any thoughts?....
margwood
Friend

Postby LeahsMom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:07 am

hello! First off, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you my heartfelt condolences and lots of hugs.

I am thinking your pee dilution might have something to do with it?

The only way to know for sure if things are increasing/progressing properly is to go in for betas. i love your lines though... Congrats and all the best! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
(after 2.5 years of trying & first cycle using softcups)
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orchidsea2016 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 am

Go have betas tested...with that many losses it's the only real way to know..
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am

I'm so very sorry for your losses first off.

I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and it seems like my lines have gotten to a certain darkness and don't go any further. I think your lines look great though! I took a test yesterday just bc I have extras and they still look like my ones from 6/7 weeks. BEtas are the only way to know for sure. I have also noticed that tests from a different box always have different amounts of dye as well. Praying for you a rainbow baby!!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby margwood » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am

Thank you for all your lovely messages and I hope that you're right In the UK it's hard to get them to want to test your Betas but I'm speaking to my doctor tomororw evening and I hope she will agree to do them as I am beyond neurotic now!
margwood
Friend

Postby k.r.wilbert2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

So this might sound confusing because I'm a science nerd but the urine tests work by searching for hcg antigens in your urine that will bind to the antibodies on the test line (which is why the test line is always closest to the dip part of the stick). So, if you have so much hcg present that it binds up all the antibodies on the test strip, it technically can't get darker because it's all used up!
Other people's might appear darker than yours at a later dpo than you but that's because their progression of hcg levels might have been a little slower than yours. Make sense or did I just confuse the crap out of you?!
k.r.wilbert2

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)