What DPO did you get your BFP?

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What DPO did you get your BFP?

Postby TeaPotts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Out of curiosity, what DPOs have you ladies gotten your BFPs? What's the earliest you've tested? I'm 5dpo and going insane!
Last edited by TeaPotts on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: BFPs!

Postby GKR_1985 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:25 pm

11 dpo both times.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 pm

GKR, awesome! Were they pretty strong by that point, or still faint? Congrats on your recent bfp!! :hb:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I was so confused when I saw the title of this post... I thought you were announcing you got yours!

My first bfp was 10 dpo, but I had a faint line at 9 dpo on a wondfo, just couldn't call it until the next day.

This last one was 11 dpo, with super faint wondfo lines for a couple of days before.

If it helps, I know I implanted early on both cycles, as my charts looked nearly identical and had implantation dips, just a day off. The 10 dpo bfp implantation was 4 dpo, 11dpo bfp was 5 dpo.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: What DPO did you get your BFP?

Postby TeaPotts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Omg Becca, I feel so stupid. I changed the title :doh:

Thanks for the deets on your bfps :)
I don't recall having an implantation dip when I had my m/c, but I didn't get any sort of line until 17dpo. It was a weird cycle all around. I felt confused the whole time.
I got a little dip at 3dpo this time around, but I hardly thought it was implantation. Figured that's way too early? I got a shadow of a line on a wondfo this afternoon, though, at only 5dpo! Dunno what's up with that. I feel nearly certain I'm pregnant, so I'm just waiting for a true bfp to show up!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:44 pm

I felt that way last cycle! I started testing at 6 dpo because I just knew! Oddly enough, though, something just didn't feel right even after my BFP. I think we sometimes know more than we pick up on. I hope you're right and there is a bfp in your near future!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks, Becca! I posted a pic in another thread...check it out if you want :)
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Both of my bfps were 4dp5dt that is 9dpo.
I highly suggest for everyone to watch the documentary called the great sperm race on YouTube,is very informative and they use adults to portray the spermies.
The earliest that implantation can happen is 6dpo and then it takes a few days for the hcg to be high enough to turn a hpt positive.
The dips in ur charts around 4-7 dpo can be caused by the corpus luteum or a shift in the hormones.
I always had a dip in my chart never been gotten a bfp.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Implantation can actually occur as early as 3 dpo, but 6 is more widely reported as the earliest. Both of mine were before 6dpo. :)

Here's an interesting article about it: https://ovulationcalculation.net/when-d ... -occur.php

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:Implantation can actually occur as early as 3 dpo, but 6 is more widely reported as the earliest. Both of mine were before 6dpo. :)

Here's an interesting article about it: https://ovulationcalculation.net/when-d ... -occur.php

Interesting but it doesn't offer a explanation or a study to prove that the implantation can happen earlier than 6dpo.
I have been trough Ivf,my babies were made in a lab ,it takes 5days for an embryo to reach blastocyst stage and only after that is ready to be transferred to the uterus and wait for implantation
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm

All official studies have been done outside the womb. Also, if they're transferred at 5 days, then can't implant before that, regardless of development. Al I know is I have evidence of my own personal pregnancies implanting before 6 dpo (implantation dips, implantation bleeding, cramps, etc.) so I'm a believer that people fall outside of those norms. ;)

And I don't get dips on my non bfp charts. My 2 BFP charts are almost identical and look nothing like my others.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beckyrae88 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 pm

10 dpo with my son got a nice clear line and this time I got the faintest line on wondfos at 8dpo and didn't quite believe it so I did a 3 hour hold and did two more and got slightly darker lines.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:02 pm

No study showed implantation can happen earlier than 6dpo,all your symptoms can be explained by a lot of other things but maybe you are special and your embryo doesn't need 5days to reach blastocyst or your tubes as shorter and fertilization happens sooner,who knows,as long as a healthy pregnancy happens it doesn't really matter what and how.
Good Luck to you Bee and im sorry to hear about your mc,it can be heartbreaking...been there myself.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby St@rMumm@ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 pm

I had a shadow at 7dpo, vvvf line at 8dpo, then bfp 9dpo on a frer.
Me - 27
DH - 27
DD - 1
TTC #2 since 03/2015
25/6: BFP 8dpo, Due: 9th March 2016

St@rMumm@
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Danaa wrote:No study showed implantation can happen earlier than 6dpo,all your symptoms can be explained by a lot of other things but maybe you are special and your embryo doesn't need 5days to reach blastocyst or your tubes as shorter and fertilization happens sooner,who knows,as long as a healthy pregnancy happens it doesn't really matter what and how.
Good Luck to you Bee and im sorry to hear about your mc,it can be heartbreaking...been there myself.

Ok, this will be my last comment on the matter, since I believe these boards are here for supporting each other and lifting one another up, not trying to convince people they're wrong.

My body is not "special," but I'm flattered someone thinks so! It's just a normal body that I'm very in tune with. You can feel a lot more down there after having a baby and the months of new blood vessels and nerves that come with that experience. I felt implantation this last pregnancy, and my doctor said there's no way to know for sure, but that I was likely right based on my description. So I will continue to spread hope to others in early days based on my own experience, not just limited observations made in a petri dish in very limited studies.

The human body is amazing and the more we learn about it, the more we realize we don't know. I have a bachelors of science degree, so not I'm not a stupid or gullible person. I studied biology and I promise you, the are very little hard and fast rules when it comes to a processes as complicated as reproduction. They can't rule out early implantation, they just can't verify it like they can verify growth in a lab. They also can't study a lot of pregnancy related things because it would be unethical (drug trials, invasive pictures to monitor the womb, etc) as well as difficult to predict. I have read some scientific journals on the subject in the past, but I did not save them as I was just doing my own research. We know implantation can take upwards of 3 days to be complete, but when you might see a temperature dip, and when HCG begins to be produced steadily is still not known.

So basically, I choose to believe we don't know all there is to know on the subject, far from it. Anecdotal evidence is of more value to me when TTC than scientific studies because what I've found here is that people fall outside the norm in all areas of TTC and the vague cookie cutter answers don't fit everyone's situation.

Now, getting off my soap box, thanks for the sympathies. Mc sucks, but I'm hopeful to be pregnant again soon. I hope your pregnancy is going well and I'm so glad you're getting your babes after a long, hard road to get here!

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)