Holy moly! Start of a BFP? 5dpo!

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Holy moly! Start of a BFP? 5dpo!

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 pm

I wish I had a clearer picture haha, but where the "smudge" is is where the shadow/line is irl.

I just tested, and there is still no real line on the hpt, but I also took an opk and it is more positive than I've ever had an opk be...normally the test line on my positive opks is about the same color as the control, maybe even slightly lighter. On the opk I took, the test line is DARKER! I've never seen that before. That's gotta be good...right?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LeahsMom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Sorry about the BFN, hon. Is it possible that you maybe didn't O yet? Your chart doesn't definitively say O to me (in my honest opinion). Of course, I'm no doctor and I could be wrong but I would BD again just to be sure! Maybe your temp will shoot up tomorrow and show a more obvious shift.
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
(after 2.5 years of trying & first cycle using softcups)
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Delia, are you by any chance having any fertile cm? I only ask because your temps before and after O don't have a huge difference, so even though you got crosshairs, if your opk is positive and you notice any other fertile signs at all, I'd be BDing just in case! If you are pregnant, is likely going to be a few more days before you know anyway, so some extra loving' can't hurt!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Not seeing fertile CM. Fairly dry, but some creamier CM here and there. I'm 99% sure I O'd right when FF says I did. I was sure of it before I got the crosshairs, then was happy to see that FF confirmed my belief :)
You really think I didn't O yet?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 pm

For reference...
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (94.17 KiB) Viewed 438 times
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 pm

As the opk dried, it looks as though the test line is slightly lighter than the control. Dunno if that really makes much of a difference, though.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:00 pm

That opk is definitely not positive but very close,if all your opks are like that is possible that you don't ovulate.
Looking at your charts I don't see a clear pattern to say you ovulated.
Your body probably gears up to ovulation and it doesn't ovulate.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

TeaPotts wrote:Not seeing fertile CM. Fairly dry, but some creamier CM here and there. I'm 99% sure I O'd right when FF says I did. I was sure of it before I got the crosshairs, then was happy to see that FF confirmed my belief :)
You really think I didn't O yet?

I think it's a possibility. Usually the only way to confirm is bbt (even if everything else lined up). Do you have other charts with confirmed O? Do they have a more clear separation of pre and post O temps? It is possible to O with relatively flat temps, but for most people there will be a pretty clear shift and without your crosshairs, I'm not sure I could see the separation. :/

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

I need to take a break from this site and from testing. I'm getting too stressed. Please recognize that I, like many women on this site, are feeling sensitive and vulnerable, and want more than anything to become mothers. Please show some respect and watch your tone and language. Be honest, but while still demonstrating kindness and compassion, please :hb:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 pm

TeaPotts everyone on here have been very supportive and lovely,im one of those people who are direct and honest about things,I don't think it would benefit you in anyway if I would sugar coat things,saying that from what I see I don't think you ovulated so far is only to help you not miss your window of BD.
I have not been rude or said anything to offend you and i think my language was more than appropriate and so the others posters.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Delia, sending you a PM, girl. <3

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LeahsMom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling badly TP. I think we can all relate to TTC stress.

Just speaking from personal experience here. I spent my first year TTC #2 doing everything I possibly could - taking opks, temping etc. My charts looked a lot like yours, I thought I was ovulating but looking back they were definitely anovulatory cycles cause the shift wasn't great enough. If it weren't for these boards and the honesty of the women on here I would have continued on aimlessly not getting the care that I need. I may not be pregnant yet but at least I know I'm being very proactive and not letting time slip away from me like I did that first year. I realize Dana may have offended you but she really didn't say anything hurtful and she was one of the very first people to reach out to me on this site. Sometimes things can be hard to hear but after I've gotten passed the anger, it's only been helpful and I know it comes from a place of love. We all want to see each other's BFPs. Also just because you may have a couple anovulatory cycles does not mean you can't do this on your own. It just takes that one lucky cycle!!

Wishing you the best, hon. Please do not take things personally, 99% of the people on these boards want to be helpful first and like I said, we want to see those BFPs!!!

Oh and lastly I've seen BFPs come out of the strangest looking charts haha so you just never know... our bodies are crazy. Here's to hoping for a bfp!
Me (Dev) - 31, DH - 32
DD born March 3, 2013 (conceived after just 2 cycles, first cycle was a chemical pregnancy)
TTC #2 September 2014
April 2017 - 3rd round of 100 mg Clomid + 250mg Ovidrel + 400mg Prometrium daily after O - :bfp:
(after 2.5 years of trying & first cycle using softcups)
Beta #1 (12dpo) - 4
Beta #2 (15dpo) - 35
Beta #3 (17dpo) - 142.3

My Ovulation Chart

LeahsMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shia17 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't see anything in those tests...8 dpo is very early though..In saying that I agree your temps from post O to pre O haven't really shifted :( If you remove the positive OPK from the app does it still say you have O'd based on the other inputted information?? Also I don't think anything mean was posted...Just truthful..The girls on here are really just trying to help you...An honest answer is better than a lie.
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orchidsea2016 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Here's a tweak for you....something shadowy...
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ann53015 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:21 am

Jumping in here. Did you test this morning?
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)