Negative HPT day of Blood Test :(

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Negative HPT day of Blood Test :(

Postby Ozmumma2017 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone,
New here, just looking for some advice or reassurance or just anything to stop me going out of my mind!
This two week wait is torture!
We had our very first FET (5 day embryo) on the 12th April. Today is 12 days post transfer (the day of our first blood test for hcg levels) so thought surely I would be OK to do a HPT this morning to "prepare me" for news following the blood results....
And it was negative.
Went and got the bloods done anyway - but are now preparing for the worst. And won't have blood results for 24 hours... so more torture.
12 days out from a 5day transfer it should be showing in a home pregnancy test right? (Using clear blue "early" tests that say they can pick up a result 6 days before a missed period).
Going crazy. Part of me wants to believe that surely if it was negative, I would have got AF by now (4 days late going off first day of last period). But then part of me knows that AF isn't here because of the Progesterone pessaries and other medication.
Going to be the longest 24 hours.
Has anyone received positive blood results after a negative HPT on the same day? Or am I stupid for even entertaining that thought?!
Xo
Ozmumma2017

Re: Negative HPT day of Blood Test :(

Postby orchidsea2016 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Blood tests are more sensitive than urine tests so it's technically possible to get a negative hpt and a positive blood test. However, i would think that your hcg would be higher at this point in time. I was on this roller coaster a long time and I think it's always better to assume the worst and go in with no expectations....hugs it's very very hard.....
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Shia17 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 pm

I would assume that you HCG would be high enough to get a + this far along :( but you never know. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :D
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wishingandhoping22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:35 pm

any news?
DH(36)
Me (32)
DS (4)
DD (2)
TTC without intervention starting in 2007
Failed adoption 2009
BFP 2/21/12!
Its a boy 6/26/12
DS born 10/29/12 at 8:29am 8lbs 11 oz, 20.5"
TTC #2 Sept. 2013
BFP October 16th, 2013, :angel: Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 at 6w5d.
BFP August 6th, 2014
DD born 4/8/15 8 lbs 5oz, 20"
BFP March 26th :angel: Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 at 7w1d
wishingandhoping22
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ozmumma2017 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:27 pm

BFN!!
Thought I was "prepared" having had the negative home test, but was still devastated.
And still feeling really flat and miserable a few days later.
Just not sure where we go from here.
We have 1 frozen embie left... but just don't know how to go into this again with any confidence.
The first embryo we had transferred (that was the BFN) was "rated" AA. And we were told over and over "90% chance of success"....
This last embryo was rated a BC I think... could have been lower. So I would assume our chances of a successful pregnancy would be even lower... but in speaking with our coordinator she mentioned "the rating doesn't nedsesarily mean that" but said we'll need to speak to our doctor.
Just hard to have hope... having been so confident this time around and have it fail. How do others find the courage to go again?
Ozmumma2017

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:48 am

I'm so sorry :( I went through a fresh cycle so don't know much about FET but I do know that the grading doesn't necesserily mean that the higher it is the more likely it will take. My clinic didn't even tell me the gradings, (I'm in UK), which I personally think is better otherwise its just another thing to worry about.

After all that you've been through I totally get where you're coming from, which is why this journey is so hard. But you're strong and you will pick yourself up and try again, have faith in that beautiful embie waiting to be put back into mommy all cosy, maybe that one is your "meant to be" baby and you owe it to yourself and to him/her to try with it one more time. These boards will support you through the IVF crazy and I am hoping so hard that we see that BFP after your next transfer, good luck :)
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:49 am

Also this is why I don't like clinics who rave about massive high success rates because it makes it that much harder if it doesn't take. I was told 50/50 chance when I did a 5day transfer, which meant I was prepared for it to go either way and had myself mentally prepared
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)