*Updated-Positive tests...but slow/no progression. Worried.

Got a BFN? or is it a BFP? Talk about the last phase of the two week wait, home pregnancy tests.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

*Updated-Positive tests...but slow/no progression. Worried.

Postby danielleh22 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Can you ladies give me your opinions on these tests? I know you are supposed to stop testing after your positive, but I just suffered a miscarriage at 5w4d in January. I'm afraid it might be happening again. This is from 12 dpo to 17 dpo. I'm not seeing any progression honestly, or they should be waaay darker at this stage of the game. I cannot get betas done as I'm military and my clinic does only qualitative pregnancy tests. I am unable to see an Ob or even get a referral to one until 2 more weeks. I'm not cramping or bleeding. My breasts feel very full and a little tender. Do you think there is any hope?

Here's my FRER progression.

Here's my IC progression. I used the truestick brand which I'm not crazy about. Luckily my wondfos came in today so I can start testing with those. Sorry for the quality.

And here's my 12 dpo wondfo (top) compared to today, 17 dpo (bottom). Should't it be a lot darker?..(
Last edited by danielleh22 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: 30 Him: 28
DS: Manolo- 1 yr
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).
Nov 2017- 2 Failed HSGs due to curvy cervix

BFP #1 July 30, 2015 (Cycle 7) Born April 13th, 2016
BFP #2 Dec 28, 2016 (Cycle 6) Miscarriage @ 5w4d
BFP #3 June 26, 2017 (Cycle 11) Miscarriage @ 4w6d
BFP #4 Nov 18, 2017 (Cycle 15) Waiting on betas...hoping for the best!

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Positive tests...but slow/no progression. Worried.

Postby orchidsea2016 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm

I hate to say it but you are just gonna have to play the wait see game as you can't make any for sure determination with qualitative tests....
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Ugh this waiting game sucks. I was in your shoes a few weeks ago, having just had an early mc at the beginning of the year, with tests that got darker initially, but then stalled.

I don't want to tell you I for sure think you are losing another. However, mine looked a lot like this last month and I did lose a second pregnancy around 5 weeks, the same as I did in March, almost to the day. For me, mc doesn't look like what I expected. I have very light periods, and both of my losses have been with normal light cramps, and just 2-3 days of light bleeding and spotting. I didn't get betas checked with the first one until after I started bleeding, but with this second one, I got them checked on a Wednesday and Friday (was supposed to be just to put my mind at ease) and started bleeding Sunday. Wednesday I was already down to 30 and Friday to 7. So HCG can begin to fall before you bleed.

Gosh I just hate writing all this out knowing it's a possibility for someone else. I hope I'm wrong and that you are one of those people who just has slow rising HCG which is a possibility!

How do these tests compare to your last mc cycle and to the cycle with your daughter?

Sending big hugs your way. I understand 100% the worry that you hold with every positive test. This is not easy stuff, but I pray that all is well for you and that those tests continue to get darker. <3
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdnerd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I think it's hard to say... With my youngest son,I had super faint positives at 18DPO and I don't think I would have even really seen a line, or at least a progression if I had started testing on 12 DPO.
I am wishing the best for you.
Me: Kathryn, 40 yo
Husband: 36 yo
We have 7yo and 4 yo sons.
TTC #3
thirdnerd
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby danielleh22 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Thanks, Ladies. I do realized I won't know anything for sure until time passes, or really if I start bleeding/cramping for sure. My last MC I bled horribly with cramping and saw the sac pass.

BeeCee: I'm so sorry about your miscarriages. It's hard when you have a child then you have a miscarriage especially multiple ones. I really hope your next one is your rainbow baby..*hugs*. Miscarriages are so hard. Nothing worse than seeing your lines on your test not darken and then having a bad feeling. I hate waiting for a MC to happen. These tests looks a lot like January's. I'm just trying to cling to some hope. I actually didn't test multiple times with my first. I did one or two days of tests and then told myself to stop. Not sure where my willpower went these last two times. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope we both get our rainbow babies soon.
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS
After 2 MCs, tested Positive (July 2017) for MTHFR (heterozygous) and Factor V Leidan (blood clotting disorder).

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you! I'm just so scared about what's coming. I got pregnant quickly with my son and everything went smoothly, so this has been quite a shock to not just have one, but two MC's in a row. I have to force myself not to think about the what ifs, but I've had people say to me, "You know you can have babies-- H is living proof! You'll be pregnant again in no time!" and others who have said, "Wow, it just goes to show you what a miracle H is... " (like maybe I almost lost him and I have no idea?!) Neither opinion has been helpful lol.

I have an appointment with my doc July 24 to discuss all of this, but I know he's hesitant to look into things since I've "only" had two.

Anyway, I hope you don't have to go through this again, but I'm happy to be your buddy if you do. One other friend on here has had a similar experience as well, but she's taking a break right now. If nothing else it's nice to know others are going through the same thing...

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielleh22 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 pm

I know how you feel :(. If this one does end in another MC, I will be very similar to your even with the timing in between each MC. It puts your life on hold..all of the waiting. Waiting to ovulate, the 2WW, then even if you do get a BFP- waiting to see if it's viable..if not then you are waiting for your body to return to "normal". Life is too short for all of this waiting! After I showed my husband my non-darkening pee sticks, he told me that people don't get 2 MCs in a row so it won't happen to us. I wish I had his positivity... :roll:

I don't understand why doctors aren't more concern. I think anything over one MC should be looked at. I hope you doctor takes it seriously..
I will definitely reach out to you if I go down this route again. I appreciate the responses and the offer! :)
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 pm

My doctor just said that some of the tests can be invasive and expensive, even after insurance, and that while it's a little more rare to have two in a row due to chromosomal abnormalities, it does happen. Three is basically "proof" that something else might be going on. But I agree, it's devastating, and it would be nice to be heard and maybe at least go over what the options could be.

Keep me posted on what you find out. I'll be thinking of you.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielleh22 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am

I just wanted to update you ladies in case other ladies were in the same shoes. It didn't turn out well for us. We lost the baby last night. I had to go to the ER because I had started to bleed pretty heavily. I wasn't having any pain or cramps so I figured that was a good sign. My pregnancy with my son went this way around this time so I tried to stay positive. The doctor was very nice and he did a pelvic exam. My cervix was closed which he told me was a really good sign. He didn't want to do an ultrasound because we really wouldn't see anything at this stage and would just cause me more stress. He was actually about to discharge me and we were all feeling really good about everything. Then he came back into the room looking sad. My beta HCG was only a 19. My husband was confused so I explained to him that was really bad news. For how far along I am, it can't be a 19 especially with how dark my pregnancy tests were earlier. The doctor agreed with me.

Once we got home I started to cramp and bleed out clots. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it's almost negative. I'm just completely devastated. It's not supposed to happen like this again and not so soon.

I know not all low HCG cases end up like this, but hopefully this helped someone.
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm so incredibly sorry you are having to go through this yet again :( hugs and prayers for you
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Im really sorry....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Shoot, shoot, shoot. This is not the update I was hoping for. I understand what you are feeling completely. The second one in a row hurts worse, if that's possible. All of the hope and joy from seeing that rainbow bfp comes crashing down with a million questions about why, and what comes next. A few weeks out, I can tell you that the pain is still there, but so is this new resolve to find answers and do whatever I can to be strong and move forward in hope.

Unload here when you need to, or feel free to pm me if you just need a listening ear and a virtual shoulder to cry on. This baby making business is not easy. This outcome is not fair, but I have to believe that there are good things in the future for us both. Thinking of you. <3

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: *Updated-Positive tests...but slow/no progression. Worri

Postby SEL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:48 am

Awww I'm so sorry. I have been following your story and just wanted to give you a :hugs: I have had several early losses and it truly sucks. xx

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby orchidsea2016 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:55 am

So sorry. Early loss is hard but you will get your rainbow baby....hugs
Me-39 DH-37
Lots of heartache and loss but after seven years of trying we were blessed with our daughter Violet who is now two!!
orchidsea2016
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby danielleh22 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 am

Thank you, ladies...<3
TTC #2 On Cycle #15 PP
PCOS

My Ovulation Chart
danielleh22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pee on a Stick (HPTs)