2019 baby hope buddy group

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2019 baby hope buddy group

Postby BHLF » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 am

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you Cat and that things are starting to get back to some kind of normal. The videos from the damage Michael did is just unbelievable. You Florida folks are really incredible. :)

Baby dust and good luck to everyone!
BHLF

Postby Dini » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am

Hi Girls,

7Mk - Sorry to hear AF arrived for you… but great to hear that your Mock tests went well! I hope the rest of the process moves along quickly for you.

AJ - Did you test this week yet? When is AF due for you?

Catblue - Glad to hear you got through the Hurricane OK! It sounds vicious! Once in a while we have some strong storms here in London, but we never have anything that disrupts the whole city / surrounding area like that. I can’t imagine what it must be like.
I hope this is your month - and what anniversary plans do you have?

BHLF - Did your chart pinpoint a possible O day? You can share a screen grab here which we can have a look at if you want.
Me and my boyfriend aren’t a BD every day kind of couple either - so he was also getting tired during the fertile window. Hehe! I think its quite normal - I have friends who also said their OH were getting tired!

Hopeful - Did your GP give you anymore info after your bloods?

Mum2T - Congrats for hitting the 15 week mark. Are you showing yet? Did you start swimming or aquafit?

AFM: I’m 16 weeks now. I’m starting to show a definite baby bump. None of my jeans were fitting me so I had bought a larger pair…. Which fit my belly but not the rest of me. So I finally gave in and bought two pairs of maternity jeans at the weekend - they’re so comfy and so happy I bought them! I need to find a couple of tops now!
Other than that - I have a 16 week appointment with my GP on Thursday and then with the midwife on Tuesday.
I’ve also started pregnancy Pilates - went twice and absolutely love the class. Its great to see how different everyone is at different stages.

Anyway, baby dust to all - where in your cycles is everyone?
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BHLF » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 am

These are my apps as well as the chart that records my Ovulation strips. According to Clearblue I had 2 peak days, and they were all about the same time, within a day or so. I have a missed BBT (yesterday) because my dog ate my thermometer and I had to go buy a new one. And I know the BBT is sporadic, but I don't think there's much I can do about that unless I start temping vaginally (which I've heard is more accurate), but I'm probably not sticking that thing up my vajay anytime soon. I have tried feeling for my cervix but I don't think I'll keep up with that either. Most days I can't feel it at all (I've been told by GYN's that it's very high). I did feel my cervix (I think) the other day and it felt round and firm like the tip of my nose. But I'm not sure if that counts as med or low b/c I could barely reach it with my longest finger.

So any insights you Ladies have would be welcome. I appreciate all your wisdom and support. Baby dust and good luck to everybody!!!
Attachments
Image-1 (2).jpg
(137.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image-1 (1).jpg
(152.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image-1.jpg
(133.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BHLF

Postby Catblue6 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:08 am

Hi ladies!

BHLF - Thank you! :) The way the Panhandle community has rallied around each other has been amazing. Now that I've gotten our lives back to some sort of normalcy I will be looking for ways to help others if I can... I can't do much, but I want to pay it forward some how. I feel you completely though on not wanting to temp vaginally for BBT because I am NOT a fan of that either. And, I've never been able to feel my cervix to my knowledge... I've tried a few times, and if I did I have no idea that I did lol. As far as the OPKs go, my most accurate readings are between 4 and 8pm; so, that's when I pee on the stick lol. Your darkest lines appeared to have come later in the pm too, so maybe this next cycle test only around that time. For me, having a good urine hold of 3+hrs gets me good readings too. DH and I are NOT every day BD people, at least not anymore lol.... every time I hint at BDing every day during my fertile window I get "What?! Are you trying to kill me?..." HAHAHAHA....

Dini - This hurricane was the worst I've experienced, and it has left a mark because a week later I still don't feel quite right. As far as our anniversary plans go, we had planned on doing a day trip to Destin as that is where we got married, but not any more.... instead I think we are just going to do a nice dinner our by ourselves and some quality, unrushed, not exhausted BD LOL :) My mother-in-law is going to watch DS for us so we can actually have a date which will be nice.

AFM - Nothing much to report other than playing severe catch up at work after being closed for a week, and trying to destress from the hurricane. I have not slept well in about a week, so I think a long hot shower may be needed tonight. I glass of wine helped me relax some last night, but then I slept like garbage. I am still hoping as I close in on my fertile window that we get a miracle rainbow baby this cycle.

Love and babydust to everyone!
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello lovely ladies
Sorry don't feel well enough for personals, but hope everyone is well. I did want to tell you that I've signed my contract, for six months until the end of April. Now I just have to open some slots up to teach. Not much time next week bc they've got me scheduled for 39 1/2 hours next week. I told her that I only could work 2 more weeks of full schedule and I'll see if I could work a couple three days for a while until I get lots of bookings to teach. Hopefully I can get started this coming week though and not be too tired. That's all for me except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mum2T » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi ladies and happy Friday!!

BHLF - what about monitoring your CM? I found that was the best indicator for me. You can increase your CM any taking primrose oil if that helps. I never liked charting, too confusing for me. When are you due AF?

Cat - so glad to hear you and your family are safe. Was it scary? Living in Ireland for most of my life we don’t experience anything like that. Have you got O’d yet? Hopefully you’ll be highly fertile this month and you’ll catch that egg. FC FC FC X

Dini - good on you for getting mat clothes. They make all the difference. Starting swimming and Aquafit next week. No more putting it off, I’m gone so lazy! Pilates sounds nice, I bet it’s very relaxing!

7MK - so sorry to hear AF arrived. Hope you’re doing okay. Congratulations on signing he contract though - great you’re moving forward with that. I hope your current job eases up on you soon and you get to do some teaching. Keep us posted and good luck this cycle.

AFM: nothing much to report. Had my first midwife appointment on Monday and all sounds good. I just need to get some motivation to get off my @ss and hit the pool. I need to do some exercise as I know the thoughts of going is horrible but you feel so good when you do it plus I need to try and keep my blood pressure down and it was high on my last pregnancy.
On the way home now for a long weekend which makes me very happy.

Babydust to all - have a great weekend x
Mum2T
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:26 am

Happy Friday!

BHLF - Your dog ate your thermometer! Lol! That did make me giggle! Those temps are a bit confusing, maybe you need a few more days. I enjoyed taking my temp everyday and it was helpful for looking back at my cycle and comparing it to other cycles... and also to check that I did ovulate. I never did do the vajayjay temping either because I didn't really want to stick the thermometer up there!
I also found it impossible to feel my cervix and never tracked that either. It tried looking at CM - that was a bit hit and miss. The month I conceived I was worried that I didn't have any fertile CM.. but it turned out fine in the end.

Catblue - I hope your anniversary night went well and you had fun! I hope you caught that egg too :) Do you know if you've O'ed yet?

7MK - Yeay to signing the contract! I hope you enjoy your classes and the work change!

Mum2T - I'm really enjoying Pregnancy Pilates - its both relaxing but you also work your muscles a bit too - just not hardcore as you would in a normal class. We do a lot of stretching and pelvic floor work... as well as core and back to be able to support the growing bellies. I love seeing how different every woman is (even if they are the same number weeks as others).

AFM: Nothing much to report other than I seem to be regressing back to vomiting :( I'm hoping this is temporary.
I went to my Pilates class this morning and going to meet OH for lunch. My sabbatical is almost over... just under 2 weeks left and then back to work D:
I had my 16week GP appointment yesterday and got to hear babies HB which was wonderful. Meeting the midwife again next week for my 16 week appointment (which will actually be at 17 weeks).
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Catblue6 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:10 am

Hi ladies!

I only have a quick sec before I have to start work, but I wanted to check in. It's finally Friday on my end, thank goodness... this first week after the hurricane has been insanely exhausting. I have not O'd yet, my OPKs are still negative; however, I think I'm due to O around this coming Monday/Tuesday. My anniversary did not go as planned at all, in fact, DH and I ended up arguing for most of the day which is probably due to all the leftover stress from the storm. However, we did end up having make-up BD lol which was very nice. My mother-in-law is going to watch DS for us so that we can go out for a nice long lunch tomorrow that will hopefully include some BDing too since I'm so close to O now.

Mum2T and Dini - I'm so happy to hear that your pregnancies are going well. Hopefully they'll stay that way. And visiting Ireland is one of the top things on my bucket list! I am half Irish half Norwegian, so I want to go to visit both countries. I hope the nausea and vomiting don't last too long... I was sick my entire pregnancy with DH which was not fun, and resulted in me not being able to enjoy it as much as I wanted. Hopefully one day I'll be able to go through the whole experience again and enjoy every minute of it.

7MK - I hope you are feeling better, and that nothing is wrong. Hopefully one day soon you'll be able to quit your current job. :)

Love and babydust to everyone!!
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BHLF » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:36 am

Cat- Sorry about the anniversary not going as planned. But it's good to hear you guys made up for it in the end. Hopefully your lunch date goes well. What you said about BD'ng every day is BF and I to a T. :) I'll be sure to check my LH later on in the afternoon and evenings next time I'm in my fertile window.

Dini- My dogs and cats are ridiculous. They crack me up when they do their crazy stuff. I got a video of them running in and out of the house like maniacs yesterday. It finally feels like fall here so the dogs are super hyped!

Mum- I don't have much CM. Even when I go searching for it. I think this is more a leftover from my IUD than an actual problem. If I still don't seem to produce much CM in a few months I'll probably start using preseed or one of the other conception friendly lubes. AF is due on the 26th, which is my birthday. :) Officially 39 years old.

BF and I are going to Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream for my birthday. We went to the King's Dominion Halloween thing last year, and had a blast. We both love Halloween and Haunted Houses, so I think it's turning into a tradition for us to do something big around this time of year. But no roller coasters for me. Just in case. :)

So far I haven't tested, haven't really noticed any "symptoms" or any reason to test. Plus, I get why people test early, but I am pretty happy just waiting for AF. I think it's less stressful than waiting for ovulation. It's like all the work is done and now BF and I can just sit back and relax.

Good luck to all of us and Baby Dust all around!!!
BHLF

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Hello lovely ladies
Mum2T Turns out I'm not working as much as my boss though I would have too. I'm down to 32 hr and 15 minutes. I opened 12 hrs to teach this week which is 24 teaching slots, hopefully a parent will pick me to teach at least one class out of the 24 slots. It's the parents that pick the teacher on Vipkid. I am doing okay and the :af: left and we got back to bding this (Saturday) morning. Thanks for wishing me luck. I hope you enjoy your exercise.
Dini I know I will enjoy it. My dh and I decided that after this two week notice I will just totally quit that job and focus my energy on teaching. The schedules are clashing so much that our sleep is being split up. It's driving us kinda bankers. I can always get a second company to hire me if I'm not getting enough work at Vipkid. Sorry about your vomiting. I love pilates. Taught myself how to do it by reading a book on the moves while I lived in Cali. I'm sure when I get bored of Tai Boe I'll go back to it for exercise! Sorry your sabbatical is almost over. It's wonderful that you got to hear your little one's hb.
Catblue nothing but a small cold seems to be wrong. I got one more week after this one then I think I'm totally done with this job. I just don't think I can do it anymore. We bought a 2004 Saturn Vue, so now I don't have to worry about saving for that anymore. We think everything is okay with it, but we will have a friend look at it too, to make sure it's road worthy. Sorry about your Anniversary, but glad you had makeup bd. Fx for you this month.
BHLF I love Halloween too! I'm not one to test early either. I'd rather see the :af: than a :bfn: I don't blame you for skipping the roller coaster, though. Fx for you.
Afm nothing to allow on ttc front. As I mentioned we got a Saturn Vue. We took a cab to Fort Payne Al to get it. Then on Friday we went to see our niece in her middle school play. She was wonderful! That's all except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby xxdelaxx » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:12 am

Hi everyone,

We BD CD13 (negative opk), CD14 no BD but positive opk, BD in the morning CD15 and positive opk much darker than the control line and I’m convinced I had mittelschmerz(?), BD morning CD16 and I had a positive opk at noon and negative at 8pm. I’m on CD17 now.

I really feel like I’m in with a shot this time. I’m 27, never been pregnant before. We have been kinda trying with no pressure since March but as my OH works away it’s never really lined up right. I don’t temp but I check CM and track AF (26-29 days) and this is the first time using opks.

2ww will be hard as I symptom spot and get obsessed haha.

Good luck to everyone!
xxdelaxx

Postby BHLF » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Dela_ Looks like you caught the right days. Good luck and baby dust to you!!

I'm starting to spot, this would put me a few days (2 at most) early for AF. So no big deal or even that far off from what I was guessing my cycle would be. I'm looking at this as having a better idea of what's going on for the next cycle.

Baby dust everyone!!!!
BHLF

Postby 7Mk1973 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Hello everyone. No time for personals, as I have to go to bed early. Hopefully I'll get a class tomorrow or the next day. I'm sure I'm going to be tired, as I worked 10 hrs. today. If I don't, it will be okay, maybe next week. I can't wait to be finished with my old job. A week from Thursday and will be the last day I can work. I should know about any class I get before I go to bed tonight. I've got short notice closed for tomorrow, because I worked so long today. Since I only I have a 4 hr shift tomorrow and one again on Thursday, I've opened short notice for Thursday for four of the 8 slots I have opened for that day. That's all for me except :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Catblue6 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 am

Good morning ladies, I hope everyone is doing well.

BHLF – You are braver than I am, I do NOT do scary spooky anything lol. The only thing I like about Halloween is the candy :D I’m sorry AF might be coming….

7MK – I’m glad to hear your illness was nothing too serious. I hope all the parents pick you to teach their children because I am absolutely certain you will be fabulous!

Dela – Hi and welcome! I might have missed your first post to the group… I use OPKs religiously because it’s the only way I know when my LH surge is. I’m actually a couple of days behind you… I’m on cd18 right now and should have a positive today. My test yesterday was just a hair shy from being positive, so hopefully this cycle will end with positives for both of us! Good luck!

AFM – Our anniversary lunch went well, but I think I’ve been holding on to some of the disappointment I felt over having spent our actual anniversary arguing and then not receiving anything to celebrate the day…. No card, or flowers, no nothing; so that stung bad. So we’ve had some rough bumps the last few days, but oh well that’s marriage right lol. I think he finally realized, or admitted, that he screwed up because when he came home last night he had flowers for me. I am expecting a positive OPK today, which is later than the last 2 cycles; but expected due to all the stress I’ve had this month. DH and I have been trying to BD every other day since I started getting lines on the OPKs just to try and cover all the bases. We BD on cd12, cd14, and cd17… it was supposed to be cd16 that we DTD; unfortunately though we spent the day fighting, so that didn’t happen. Men drive me nuts sometimes lol. I haven’t decided if I should BD tonight or wait til tomorrow night…. What do you guys think?

Love and babydust to everyone!
Catblue6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BHLF » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 am

Going on Day 3 of spotting and just wanting to get AF started and over with!!! I think I'm imagining AF symptoms, like every now and then I'll sit down and think, "wait, I think it feels wet, did I just get my actual period?" But then I go to the restroom and same old barely there spotting. Grrrr
BHLF

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups