2020 Babies and hopefuls

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2020 Babies and hopefuls

Postby southernbelle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 am

Hello ladies. I finally started spotting today. Let's hope this is a full flow and I can start counting down to the meds. We're trying Clomid and Menopur this cycle. I pray this works - meds are so expensive! I haven't had time to research Menopur yet.

Nicky - Welcome back!!! I am over the moon for you!! I am so wonderfully excited for you and your twins! Do you know gender(s) yet?

MK - Welcome back as well! I think I remember your name from years past?

I hope everyone else is doing well and the pregnancy anxiety has subsided some.

Good luck to us all during this holiday season! :hugs:
Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy :angel:
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 wks (Vitex) :angel:
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 wks (Vitex) :angel:
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex) :angel:
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:
Sept 2019 miscarriage @ 6 wks (Preseed, Vitex) :angel:
Oct 2019 chemical pregnancy 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid & Estrace cd 3-7 :angel:
Nov 2019 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Menopur cd 8-10

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby Loz28 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Omg! Nicky and Angela, welcome back, it is so nice to hear from you both.
Nicky, I am so so happy for you!! How exciting. I was literally thinking about you just the other day so I am so glad to hear your news and that IVF worked well. How are your family and your husband's family about the news? Very excited?
South, what does the menopaur do? Good luck. I'm sorry you had to go through this again, it truly sucks. Hugs.
Afm, I'm ok. We are getting Connor's new bedroom set up so we can move him into a big boy bed a long time before the new baby. I want to tackle that and toilet training before the baby comes! I also just found out a friend of mine who lives close by and has a little girl around the same age as Connor will be my due date buddy, she's due May 20 and I'm the 22nd! So I'm excited to have someone close by to enjoy mat leave with. I have an appointment on Monday with my obgyn, looking forward to seeing bub again now that we're at 13 weeks and hopefully that will ease some of the anxiety I'm still feeling.
Me (Lauren) 29, DH (Nick) 32
TTC #1 since May 2015
I have PCOS & Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, DH healthy
Letrozole 5mg CD2-6 since June 2016
IVF antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and orgalutran, started 11 March
Switched to decapeptyl triggers & freeze all cycle due to OHSS
18 eggs collected
14 fertilised & frozen
FET May 15 - BFP! DD 31 Jan
First beta draw @ 4 weeks 2 days - 725 iu/l
Scan @ 8 weeks 2 days - HR 163bpm
Loz28
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Anja2013 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:24 am

I have some happy news...

I can't believe how lucky I got. I was trying to not make a big deal about it but I knew that realistically I only had 2 cycles to get a bfp in terms of timings with jobs and so on. So so lucky!

Now just have a long wait, no appointments until 12-14 week scan and bloods.
TTC#1-March 2013
BFP- May 2013
Baby Girl- February 2014

TTC#2- December 2014
BFP- January 2015
Baby Boy- October 2015

TTC#3- October 2019
BFP- November 2019
Pink or Blue either will do, in July a baby is due!
Anja2013
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mum2T » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm

South, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m with Loz, what is menopur? How are you feeling?

MK - welcome back!! It’s good to see you on here. Have you decided to seek any fertility help? Good to see you are keeping occupied, helps with not obsessing about ttc.

Nicky - congratulations on your wonderful news. Do you know the gender? You must be so excited. IVF really is wonderful and it’s only when I got pregnant on my first 5 years ago and started joining mums groups and different forums I realised how many people have had help the conceiving their little miracles. From what I’ve read it’s a tough journey but so worth it. How are you feeling? X

Anja - congratulations!! That is fantastic news. Good strong lines too. Will you not be seeing anyone until the 12 weeks? Have you any sickness?

Scar, I’m the same as you, eagerly waiting my NIPT results. When you’ve had something happen it’s always a nervous wait. With my last pregnancy I didn’t give two hoots about anything, just assumed everything would be fine, kept on living as normal, never ever occurred to me that I wouldn’t bring my precious daughter home. Now I’m a bag of nerves. I wake every morning thinking “are you still there?” They left me 3 weeks between scans this time and it was far too long. Next scan is Tuesday and it can’t come quick enough. I keep trying to remind myself to stay positive but it’s very hard. How many other children do you have?

Lupe, did you hear back from your RE? How are you feeling? I know it’s hard but please don’t give up. You’ll get that baby. I just know you will.

AFM: 10 weeks tomorrow. Not really feeling any symptoms which has my nerves wrecked. I’m growing though so that’s positive I suppose. Can’t wait for my scan next week. Told family because I couldn’t help myself but no outsiders for now. My 5 year old has rubbed my tummy 3 times already though and once asked “what’s in there?” He’s catching on! I don’t want to tell him until last minute. Losing his sister confused him terrible and I couldn’t bare to put him through that again.
Baby dust girls and have a lovely weekend x
Mum2T
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Anja2013 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:08 am

Mum2T- thank you! No sickness yet. My 1st i had it from 5 to about 18 weeks...my 2nd from 5 to 10..hoping this one will be less again or none at all. I do have crazy dizziness though, which I've never had before.

I don't see anyone until 12 weeks as i'm low risk they tend to lump in the booking appointment and initial bloods with the 12w scan here. Seems such a long wait but I have Christmas as a good distraction.
TTC#1-March 2013
BFP- May 2013
Baby Girl- February 2014

TTC#2- December 2014
BFP- January 2015
Baby Boy- October 2015

TTC#3- October 2019
BFP- November 2019
Pink or Blue either will do, in July a baby is due!
Anja2013
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:36 am

Hi all,

Anja, :happyforyou: Yaaayyyyy! I'm so happy for you!! Wooohooo! Seems like a long wait for your first appointment. Let's hope you don't get as sick as me in the meantime LOL

Loz, how old is Connor? I just finished toilet training my son, but it was a very long and arduous road. My son's bed was converted to the toddler bed, but the transition was no problem for us - hopefully the same for you. It's great that you have a preggo buddy! Having a friend close by is fantastic.

South, What CD are you? Did you start your next set of meds yet?

Nicky, twins!! Oh that's going to be great. You must be so excited (and your body must be getting uncomfortable by now lol). How are you feeling? My sister is due in January and she's already had enough of her pregnancy haha

MK, welcome! Where are you in your TTC journey?

Mum, when do you take your NIPT? My blood test is scheduled for tomorrow. I find out health/gender before Thanksgiving is my guess. We're both a bunch of messy nerves, right? I have two children, one boy and one girl, 16 months apart. My son is 3 and my daughter will be 2 in January. That being said, they are very difficult children (my mom "quit" babysitting my children about a year ago and I was forced to put them in daycare). Hopefully my last will be chill, and a female. We'll see. My luck ain't so good with having relaxed babies.

Everything is per usual today. Took my kids to get the Xmas photos done this morning, which was a disaster. Then the daycare notified me that my daughter's class has a confirmed coxsackievirus case. GREAT. Just what my daughter needs before Thanksgiving. UGH. Let's hope and pray she doesn't get it.
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 after fertility treatments
DD born 1/24/18 after natural cycle

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey ladies, I have been missing in action but it's just been stressful and my emotions are low.
Rf finally came yesterday with a lot of cramps. CD 2 for me today taken a break will go see them next month and have a sit down conversation to see what else we can do or need to do for our final transfer. I'm so scare now reality is starting to set in that I just waited to long to try for this baby. In my twenties its was just boom I'm prego. Now that we have planned and are ready to expand our family nada in the pass 4 years.

Continue to read you all post and positive outcome which give me hope of one day me being prego.
In the mean time keep those positive post posting.

Baby dust to all of us
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am

Lupe, I have no words. This is so entirety unfair to you. You did everything right, and I myself don't understand why it didn't work this time. It's heartbreaking. I understand if you want to just sit in the background for a while. I'm sure that your doctor hasn't given up on you, and you still have another embryo left. Has your doctor give you any clue as to why it didn't work this time? For what it's worth, there is a good chance that age isn't a factor here unless you are currently over 40 years old. :hugs: I'm so sorry.

South, we're thinking of you too!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I think of you ladies every day.

AFM, I took the NIPT yesterday and I should know about health issues and gender by Tuesday next week, just before Thanksgiving. I may tell them to give me health info right away and wait on gender until after the holiday. I want to know about health ASAP. It's rattling my nerves....Oh, and I'm still sick as a dog LOL They offered me nausea meds but I haven't taken it yet.

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK1973 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello lovely ladies!
Nicksy! Congratulations on the twins! :happyforyou: You deserve it. 29 weeks Yay! I know you are so excited and nervous. January is just around the corner and you will have your babies in your arms. Do you know the gender yet? My heart grows big for you at this wonderful time.
Southernbelle I am sorry about your chemical, but I am sure you will get your rainbow baby. The holiday season will keep us occupied and maybe even result in some bfps.
Liz congratulation on your bfp for your second(?) baby. Am I right that this one was a natural pregnancy? I am so happy for you!
Wish congratulations on your pregnancy. Did you say it was a girl?
Scarletwidow congratulation on the bfp. Let us know what happens with your scan.
Anja congrats on your bfp.
Mum2T I am so sorry about your little girl. I am so happy for your rainbow baby. I know you are more anxious about it this time, but do try to relax enough to enjoy it some, as well. We aren't even going to discuss that option until we get moved out. We are looking for our own place now, and are hoping to be in a place by the first of January. Then we will start thinking about options.
Mglue sorry about your bfn. Take some time and let us know when you are ready to try again.

Afm. I am doing well. Just growing my business, and working crazy hours. I started work at 4 am this morning. At little bit of sad news. My mom-in-law or her boyfriend must have accidentally let my female cat Princess out when they were letting the dogs out. She hasn't been home all day! I just hope she makes it back home. She'll probably be pregnant when she does. We tried to get her fixed twice before spring really got started, but she has a skin condition because of grass allergies, and she had an infection, so they wouldn't do it. We decided to wait until the grass died off, and were about to make the appointment when she went into heat, again. Kitten or no kittens, I want my 'little miss' back home. Put out good vibes that she returns to us safely.
That's all except for :hugs: :sticky: and :babydustb: to us all.
MK1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby southernbelle » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 am

Hi ladies. Let's see if I can catch up. I've been distracting myself with work and kids. I'm not feeling as desolate this week so I'm hoping this is a fruitful cycle.

Loz - good luck with the big boy bed! That was life changing for us. My son loved it and bedtime has gotten way better. Best thing we ever did! lol How are you feeling otherwise? How far along are you now? I'm going to need a ticker! :)

Mum - I'm going to need a ticker from you as well! :)

Scar - how far along are you now? I can't wait for you to find out gender. I hope you get your girl!!

Lupe - I'm so sorry for all you've gone through. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Life is so unfair sometimes. :(

MK - did you find Princess??? I'm going to be pissed if she gets knocked up before me! :rofl:

afm - I'm cd8 today. It's been a long time since meds. I did an opk yesterday and it was positive and I was like wtf! My friend reminded me that Clomid can cause false positives. :doh: My Menopur came in from the pharmacy. My goodness - it came all the way from the UK and the expedited shipping was $100! UGH Funny story though. I went to the store yesterday to get the kids a few stocking stuffers. While I was there I got the notification that they attempted delivery. I had a minor panic attack because I'm supposed to start them today. I went to the post office on the way home and asked if she knew when the postman was coming back. She was super unhelpful and I left angry and almost started to cry. I told her the package was time sensitive as it's medication and she was super aloof. "I don't know when he comes back I usually leave around 3. You can come back tomorrow" OMG I wanted to punch her in the face!!! As I'm driving home I'm fully determined to stalk the postman. I get past the turn onto our street just past the mailboxes and I see him!! I flagged him down and was able to get my meds. Someone must have been watching over me for sure.

I go see OB this afternoon so they can mix the med and show me what to do, etc. I start taking it tonight for 3 nights. Originally I had a follicle check scheduled for Monday, cd11 and they were going to determine whether a trigger was needed. Last cycle I had already ovulated so they're going to do the follicle check today. I'm so nervous. I really want this to work. I am trying to come to terms that I will only go a few more cycles then I'm done trying. I'm trying to accept that this is my life. I don't want to get sucked in and I don't want to lose anymore babies. My God - I've been pregnant or barely pregnant 8 times. WTF?!

I'll update after my appointment this afternoon. Does anyone know or remember what's a good follie size? I don't remember at all!
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Oct 2019 chemical pregnancy 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid & Estrace cd 3-7 :angel:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:44 am

South, I don't remember the right follicle size. Sounds like you should start your BDing soon though. Those meds will jump start O day like no other LOL. Make it a romantic weekend!!

MK, did you find her? Curious.

No call from the doctor yet. I will have them tell me about the health, but not gender yet. My husband wants to know right away, but I want to wait until after Thanksgiving. I don't want to be disappointed and distracted during the holiday. It will take me time to accept if this is a boy, and I've been convincing myself that God always seems to give me a raw deal on what I want, so there's a good chance its not going to go the way I want. I sound terrible, I know. I hear it myself and I know it sounds bad. I was just traumatized with how things went with my son when he was an infant. We will find out in due time.

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby southernbelle » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Scar, don't be so hard on yourself. Just remember how different your first and second were/are. I was amazed at the different personalities and how they were both so different from each other. Even if it's a boy he WILL NOT be a repeat of your other son. It could be a girl and she could be worse than the two combined, you know? My first was so damn easy except for the breastfeeding aspect. My son was a horrible sleeper the first two and a half years of his life. Now that he's better able to communicate what he wants he's a much happier child as well. The tantrums that boy would throw! On the flip side, my daughter (at almost 6) is starting to act out and thinks it's cute when she baby talks. Take a few breaths and remember how damn cute that boy is and how adorable a mini him would be. I honestly believe if we're lucky enough to get a third that it's going to give us a run for our money. Both of my children are super headstrong!
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby southernbelle » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Well it's baby making weekend!! I just finished my appt. There's a 2x2 cm and a 1.8x2 cm. One on each side. No need for the Menopur he said. They're going to administer the hcg trigger here in a bit and bd through Sunday. Does that mean I ovulate tomorrow?? I forget. When should I start testing the trigger out?? Lord help me with the tww.
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Postby mglupe1979 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:02 pm

South you will ovulate in 36 hours from the trigger shot. Yeah romantic weekend. Nice size on the follicles. They they mention what your lining was at? Trigger shot will depend on the dose you received. If it's the full dose a good 10days to 12 days
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby southernbelle » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Lining was almost a 7. He said something like 6.6. HCG was 10,000.

We're to bd through Sunday. Wondering if we should take it through to Monday just in case since I don't know for sure O date.

So start testing out trigger 10 days past trigger? So 12/2?
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups