Fall/Winter 2011 Baby Hopefuls

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby soskinny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hi all.
Paris: How do they do a mock embryo transfer? It sounds like things are really starting to get moving for you. Im not looking further into anything at the moment, just waiting to get my ultrasound out of the way next week and then back at the doctors the week after for the results and next stage.

CW: I know what you mean about liking this small group. The bigger groups are hard to follow and then i get lost. It does feel like all of us are at a waiting stage at the moment so im sure it will pick up soon. How is little Jackson doing? How long till he starts on solids?

Hi EOE, where are you?
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby orionslight » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

hi guys!! been a long time :)

ss-my kids all have the same dad, except for my oldest. and it is odd but some are super light skinned and strawberry blondes, and some have real dark skin and dark hair. you cant even tell they are related LOL. i actually have 2 younger kids that look more like my oldest son (diff dad) so its weird. just putting this in as you said you wanted to match their features, i am wondering exactly how you do this?

tina-HI! glad to hear jackson is doing well and you had fun :)

teresa-how are you?

annabelle- i have missed alot but from reading some other groups i gather things havent gone well for you lately. i am sorry and i will pray that all goes well for you *hugs*

jen-woot woot for ivf!! keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :)

if i missed anyone i am sorry, been kinda harebrained lately lol

afm~ nbothing much, just starting school on monday and keeping busy with my beasts. some old friends from my childhood have gotten ahold of me on fb, and that is fun. israel is an amazing baby and i love him alot! i do feel like it has taken me a long time to get to know him, which is weird. but his little personality is starting to shine and he is a bit less colicky which is great. he has a very cute dimple and he loves to smile at me at 5 am lol. good darn thing he is cute! he is really starting to like his toys, and at his 2 month appt he weighed 11 lbs and 14 1/2 oz. he is little chunker :) hubby has said i can have another baby if i want, but atm i am enjoying mr israel and so darn busy with getting ready for classes. i am sorry i have been awol, i miss all you guys tons!
Baby Ireland is here! 4-18-2014
Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl Artemis
Loss June 2016@ 13+5, baby boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chickenwing » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Orion: So glad your little man is doing great! Arent dimples the cutest thing ever on babies?!?! Jackson has big dimples like his daddy.

Paris: I agree that we are all in a different wait and see stage but i am glad we are all waiting together. I was wondering too, how do they do a mock embryo transfer??

SS: You are a strong woman for wanting to have another baby on your own. Jackson is a fantastic baby but I couldnt imagine raising him myself. I'm cheering you on all the way!!

Anna: How are things going with you and your DF? I know you are seeing and RE and everything but is your DF starting to realize that its not going to be as easy as most men think it is to have a baby? I hope things start getting better for you.

Teresa: Hope things are getting better for you too.

AFM Jackson had his first immunizations lastnight and he was such a trooper. And he weighes 14lbs 11oz already!! He is getting so big so fast. I love it but I hate it at the same time. I am having so much fun playing with him. I think he is teething now because he has rosy cheeks, keeps chewing on everything and drools like a maniac lol and he get cranky off and on. (SS) As far as solids go, i tried him on pablum and he loved it at first because it was different but then he just kept spitting it out so I am going to try again next month sometime. I wish I could wint he lotto, just enough to buy a house or for a good down payment atleast. I want another baby so bad but DH and I want to wait until we have a house. Our apartment isnt big enough for another baby. And now for some jackson spam!! This was taken over the easter weekend.
sorry its so big
Me (Tina) (5/30/83) ~ DH (4/23/78 ) DS Jackson 01/20/11
BFP 4/8/10 chemical 4/11/10 BFP 5/10/10

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aea58
chickenwing
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby soskinny » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:08 am

Wow ladies thats all i can say, lots of updates in one go. Its great to hear your latest news.

Orion: I had to laugh when i read your post about your son smiling at 5 am, my second child only slept 45 mins at a time until he was 1yr and i was so sleep deprived you wouldnt believe. I would go to his cot to get him and i would be angry and then he would be smiling at me and i would just melt and cuddle him loads, im sure they are made that cute on purpose. As for me matching features, its a strange thing. All my children look like me and not like their dad at all, I worry that a new child will feel out of place because you can tell all mine are brothers and sisters. They look IDENTICLE! I want a new baby to feel confident and happy, there is already gonna be atleast a 10yr age gap.

Thankyou CW, im not that much of a strong woman but i believe i have enough male role models (i have 4 brothers and 2 sons) to help bring another child up. Mine are 9yrs + now so they dont need me as much as i need them lol. I love the new pic of Jackson, he is so cute. I agree that it sounds like teething too. that was always hardest for me, i hated seeing my babies suffering. I hope you get your house soon so you can add to your little family, the bigger the better i say.

Annabelle: I would love to hear an update of how you are. How is your DF taking his results. Feel free to share your feelings with us. We are thinking of you.
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby treezuk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:11 am

Hey Girls

so sorry i havent been around been so busy yesterday we went to london for the royal wedding it was a fantastic experiance and the atmosphere was brilliant , i got some ok pics but of course there was a lot of people and everyone was trying to do the same , if you wana see all the pics/vids add me to facebook (Teresa Whincup) but here is a few for you to see... im am so tired today and my legs are aching we walked miles , i will do personals when i have more time :)

The Queens Carrige going past

The fly past by the RAF

Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Amazing painting by street artist

The Beginging of the Mall

Kenz waving his flag and enjoying the atmosphere

Me and My Mum in the Crowds

Soldiers complete with Busbees (there furry hats)

Buckingham Palace just a few hundread yards away , take in st james park

Kev and MJ... Street Entertainer/Impersonator

The Flag and Programme we brought

(Me) Teresa (32) & DH (35) DS Mckenzi~6
(TTC since 2004) 3 :angel: 's (July 05 and June/July 10)
:angel: Ectopic found 6w3d ( 18th June 2014) Received the methotrexate injection on 20th June 2014.
Low AMH (0.46) & high Fsh (16.5) = POF - Pre Menopausal
Time is of the essence possibly IVF in the near future !!!
treezuk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby parisxmas » Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 am

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Teresa!

Tina, I think that it is wise to wait until you have your house. Are you creative? Maybe you can start selling items on etsy?

orion - I wish my DH had been that flexible about more kids. It has been an uphill battle indeed at our house. How much longer do you think you'll wait before TTC again?

ss - a mock embryo transfer is similar to an IUI. They basically stick a cathedar up into you to decide to best angle and how far to go once the embryos are ready to be placed back inside.
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chickenwing » Sun May 01, 2011 6:20 am

Paris: I am not very creative at all but DH is very good at saving so we are well on our way to getting a house. Once I am back to work and making a lot more money than I am now i can add more money to our savings and we should have a nice big downpayment by the time Jackson is 2 and I want to start TTC again. I hope all goes well during your mock transfer :)
Me (Tina) (5/30/83) ~ DH (4/23/78 ) DS Jackson 01/20/11
BFP 4/8/10 chemical 4/11/10 BFP 5/10/10

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aea58
chickenwing
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby orionslight » Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 am

teresa- nice pics :) how are you feeling today?

jen- i hope your mock transfer goes well, and i will be ntnp but wont start actively trying until september, at the very earliest. alot depends on whats going on lol.

tina- thats cool that your dh is good at saving. i am not. lol. when are you going back to work?

afm~ nada just waiting for my books for my class and trying to find a job. israel is doing great, i love him so much. i need to post pics of him and my other beasties, it just seems to take time and energy i dont have lol.
Baby Ireland is here! 4-18-2014
Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl Artemis
Loss June 2016@ 13+5, baby boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby treezuk » Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 am

Jen : No problem i didnt know if anyone would wanna see them but i thought id post them anyways :) good luck with your mock transfer thats actually a pretty good idea at least this way you know there doing there up most to get the right positions for them eggies :) keep up posted on how your going xxx

Tina : That sounds like a pretty good plan , we always said we'd wait till M was 2 to ttc again then ending up deciding to try again when he was about 9 months hahaha althought it never happened till a year later and you know how that turned out but i wish now id have waited a bit maybe things would have turned out different who knows.... i love the new pic of Jackson he is soooooo cute xxx

Jaimie : Glad to hear your all doing well , its nice to hear that your NTNP i honestly dont know how you do it though with that many kiddos i think id be going nuts but thats just me personally good on you for being able to care for and control that many people at one time you truly deserve a medel i have enough some days with one little man hahaha , I look forward to seeing some pics of Israel i cant believe how quickly his growing up... i am feeling better today legs are still a but achy but apart from that im all good xxx

Annabelle : i know your having a break from here but i just wanted you to know were all thinking about you xxx

AFM : Im doing ok looking forward to getting the end of the month so i can get my follow up appoiintment out of the way it seems to be taking forever to come around , i hope everything is ok but part of me is still worrying a little.... My spotting finally stopped on like the 7th day so all in all it was about 18 days bleeding i think which is still exsessive so i will be discussing it with the dr as i cant be dealing with that all the time its ridiuclous , we have Bd a few times but i have no idea if i im O'ing or not so if i got pregnant i got pregnant highly unlikly though.... I started Weight Watchers last week so im hoping for a good loss this week to get the ball rolling but were see ill keep you all posted xxx
:angel: Ectopic found 6w3d ( 18th June 2014) Received the methotrexate injection on 20th June 2014.
treezuk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby soskinny » Mon May 02, 2011 3:54 am

hi all :D
Treez: Not long to go now till ur follow up. Imagine how great it would be if you caught the eggy without even knowing it. lets hope the long bleeding was a one off and your cycles get back to normal for this mth.

CW: I like your plan. Its good that you both have the same ideas on what you want and when. A 2yr age gap is lovely.

Paris: Its good that they practice the transfer then so it goes smoothly when the time comes. When is your actual transfer gonna be?

Annabelle: Let us know how you are, i hope everything is ok.

AFM: Im doing nothing. Just waiting for Saturdays ultrasound. O day should be Monday for me so no time to do anything this cycle. went running this morning and im taking daughter swimming tonight so im gonna be exhausted by tonight.
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby treezuk » Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 am

SS : That would be great but honestly i cant see it happening but i guess you never know hehe , i hope your scan goes well please come and let us know how your getting on :) i hope my next cycle is back to normal but i think that its proberly gonna be a D&C for me or some sort of medication to get my lining back to normal or this is proberly never gonna sort itself but then i might be surprised when i see the dr who knows xxx
treezuk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby parisxmas » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 am

Well, my appointment was rather disappointing today. My uterus looked great, and Dr. T still can't figure out the source of the fluid in the lining. Also, the protocol that he wanted to put me on included lupron, and apparently there is a countrywide backorder of lupron right now, so I would have to wait until July to even start the meds! They left it up to me, and I decided on the less aggressive approach, so we could continue forward. I updated my signature, with the little amount of information I have on hand, which is:

last BCP 5/17
u/s and blood work 5/20 (if all is well)
begin 225 IU Follistim 5/22 for 3 days (if all is well)
return 5/25 for another u/s and decide where to go with meds from there
estimated retrieval date 6/2

I have a very long month of waiting ahead! I was hoping that they would start stims sooner than they are.
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annabelle_M » Mon May 02, 2011 9:35 am

I had a bunch of personals wrote but they didn't post. Ughh, and I have too much to do today so I will copy and paste this and do personals later.

Jen:Yay for a plan!

Just a little update: Today is the day we see the RE, DF's first time seeing him. I'm so nervous about the visit. I was so upset yesterday when my DF said something that brought tears to my eyes. We were on the bus going into town and we were saying stuff like 'if we had twins, etc. If we got 2 girls vs 2 boys etc.' Then he said "I don't know what the F you're talking about we may not get any." He crushed me with those words. I couldn't get upset at him because 1) he may be right 2) he is hurting now too. So I cried to myself deep inside behind my sunglasses. Please send us all of the luck in the world today for a good appointment. I will update if I can when we get back, if not tomorrow.
NP since 2005, TTC #1 since June 09
DF dx varicocele, awaiting surgery
RE July 14th
Laparoscopy Sept. 6 (FINALLY after 10 years of pain, I will have my endo removed)

"Even miracles take a little time." ~Cinderella

My Blog: http://annabelle-isile.blogspot.com/

"Sometimes it's hard to conceive,
With all that I've got,
And all I've achieved,
What I want most
Before my time is gone,
Is to hear the words
"I love you, Mom"
I would die for that."
" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />
Annabelle_M
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Annabelle_M » Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 am

Here's the update:

AFM: Our appt went as expected, the dr said he wants DF to do another s/a in their office where they anaylze it, get an u/s, and waiting for results from his genotype. After that, if there are sperm present he said we should freeze them until we have enough for a cycle. He suggested IVF with ICSI which is so expensive and DF is having trouble swallowing the costs for a 50% chance at making me happy. :S I'm so upset because he doesn't want to bring a baby into our lives now, I can kind of understand when I think logically but emotionally I can't wait. I'm so scared we'll be too late if we wait too much. I'm just stuck and I have to wait for him to be ready now. I'm still praying that God blesses us with a miracle! I'll be lurking and post when I can. Thank you for all of your support.
NP since 2005, TTC #1 since June 09
DF dx varicocele, awaiting surgery
RE July 14th
Laparoscopy Sept. 6 (FINALLY after 10 years of pain, I will have my endo removed)

"Even miracles take a little time." ~Cinderella

My Blog: http://annabelle-isile.blogspot.com/

"Sometimes it's hard to conceive,
With all that I've got,
And all I've achieved,
What I want most
Before my time is gone,
Is to hear the words
"I love you, Mom"
I would die for that."
" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />
Annabelle_M
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby soskinny » Tue May 03, 2011 11:45 am

Oh Annabelle im so sorry, im really feeling your words. You must remember though that you have been on this TTC journey for a while now and you have already gone through months of bfns but DF has only just started coming round to the idea and then he finds out the problem is his spermies, for a man that is a huge knock back. He is going to need time to get his head around all the information given to him.

I hope and pray that the pair of you get through this difficult time and come out stronger and more determined at the end of it. Maybe his next SA will show a big improvement? Maybe other treatment options become available. I have FX for you.
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups