One Wish * One Goal * One Day at a Time

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby trying46 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:54 am

Aleena-It all sounds good..I hope you get your bfp this month, and you are right about the cleaning, kids make it difficult to get houeswrok done :wink: but definately worth it! I start bcp in July, IVF early august (if all goes normally).

Megan-What a lovely way to annouce your pregnancy! I get horrible RPL in pregnancy....

GAP- Sorry about the awful af...hope you are feeling better now.

Lisa- Your LP is pretty long this month is that normal?

Jen-gl today at your ultrasound, I hope the bcp and antibiotics is a combo that that worked for the fluid.

Baby2-Have fun on your weekend away and yes it always good to bd because you never know.

noah- I am so sorry about your mom, that is awful news..take your time with the break, we're here if you need to vent.

Kmp- I think it is good that they are testing your tsh..

Jen-GL with your consults and I hope they can give some insight into what is going on.

Hi to EOE!!!!

AFM- Not much to say this morning. Just hoping time goes by quickly, my dh is getting cold feet about ivf, worried that we'll put out all this money for no gurantees of a take home baby...but I hope that isn't true and it works for us.
trying46
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KMP » Tue May 24, 2011 6:51 am

Morning ladies!

Paris Jen - I hope your u/s went well and the fluid disappeared! Will they go ahead with this cycle if there is any fluid at all or does it depend on the amount?

Aleena - we are doing an IUI this month and if it doesn't work, my heart is already heading to IVF. I respond very well to 50mg of Clomid, so my doc thinks I should have no problem having tonnes of follicles with IVF meds! I'm already thinking ahead to FET as well and I'm hopeful that if we do IVF that we'd have some embryos left over too.

Cassidy - so the gym didn't work out this weekend (surprise, surprise!), but I'm going for a run tonight...we'll see how that goes...

Megan - that's so sweet about your parents' reactions.

Gapeach - I'm sorry it's been a rough period, but if it's any consolation, I just finished my second post-op period and I only had about 1/2 day of spotting before (instead of 2) and minimal spotting yesterday (CD4). So, I've definitely noticed a difference and I only had a small bit of endo on the abdominal wall!

Talia - My family doc is keeping tabs on my TSH (I'm hypo) and it was down around 2.2 last time he checked it (from 5.4 about a year ago), but I've heard that close to 1 is ideal for babymaking. I should get results on Wednesday. Sending you a PM in a sec...

AFM - As I mentioned to Gapeach, my period was much more 'normal' this cycle. Limited spotting...yahoo...and less cramping...yahoo again. I'm in baby central right now with about a million people I know (okay, maybe 8) having babies within a 3 week span through the end of this week. Sigh.
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby parisxmas » Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 am

Sorry girls, I did not mean to type "tomorrow" in my post yesterday. My u/s is not until Wednesday (so I can now say tomorrow). It is in the morning, so I'll post when I have details to share.

Talia - Looks like you have a great IVF plan in place. Are you paying one cycle at a time and hoping that it just takes the one?

KMP - I'm very happy to hear that you had a normal AF this time around. I hope that is a good sign!

ga - I tried wearing pads for one cycle to see if that helped with the fluid in my uterus at all, and I was miserable and felt like i needed 10 showers a day! I'm a tampon girl for sure.

megan - Love the frame idea! Also, I think that it is a sign that is says, grandkidS (and not just grandchild)

aleena - DH and I take nights and do nothing just to stay sane. Of course the next morning when I have twice the work to do I'm not happy about it, but make sure you take those down nights when you are a mommy. You'll need them then more than you do now!

baby - Hopefully you have good O timing and have the best time on your trip!
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aleena » Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 am

Paris Jen - u playing tricks with us girl??? I got all excited :) Well anyway I guess it won't be the end of the world if I have to keep my fingers crossed for you one more day :)

Megan - that was such a sweet way to tell you parents!! and when reading your post I thought exactly what Paris Jen thought! That "grandkidS" is a sign! :) how would you feel about that? I mean.. there's a chance it's twins but prob not more than that :) The bright side is you won't have to go through all this crap unless you wanted a third child :)

KMP - all kinds of babies around is a lot to handle... hope you can get through it... I have a horrible reaction whenever I see a pregnant woman.. DH also noticed it... first I stare then I sigh.. And when I realize it I try to refocus and think that I have no idea what this woman has been through to have this baby or how much she wants and loves it soo shame on me. Does work sometimes. Is this your fourth IUI? you know hwat they say... FOURTH time the CHARM!!! lol

Talia - I am hoping we wont be IVF buddies but if we both end up there I'm excited to share it with you :) We're also shooting for late July.

Gapeach - I had to wear pads after my chemical. I actually thought it would be better and it definitely made AF seem heavier. I also read somewhere that tampons are not the greatest choice because they use some kind of bleach in them and this can cause your periods to be lighter. As far as I'm concerned they are the greatest invention since the WHEEL.

AFM - not cramping as much today. I **think i'm feeling very similar to the previous cycle when I got my short lasting BFP. hope it's not just wishful thinking...
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMP » Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 am

Aleena - I think this is our 5th. 3 before surgery and this is our second since.

I'm not sure how many more BFNs I can take from IUIs, so I am leaning to IVF sooner than later, but my husband is freaked out by multiples and the cost. We also got our invitation to my niece's 3rd birthday party where there will be three other little cousins between the ages of 2 months and 3 years...ugh. We're the only ones without kids. My husband can't make it (his sister is the mom), and I told him I may skip it depending on how my heart/head feel closer to the day. If I'm pregnant, I'll definitely go! I hate that being around kids and pregnant women is sad sometimes when that is all that we want!
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby trying46 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm

KMP- I sent you a pm....they can reduce the risk of multiples with IVF. I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the party, it is far more difficult than people think.

Jen-good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear the news, there is no package deal at my clinic, but I doubt dh would ever support more than 2 cycles of IVF.

Aleena- I hoping we don't have to be cycle buddies either, but at least we'll be going through it at the same time if we do.
trying46
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KMP » Tue May 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Talia - I tried to tell him that the risk is lower with IVF than with IUI if we only put one back, but he's still nervous. Because I'm 34, we talked about putting two back, but if we get a number of embryos to freeze, I'd be much more comfortable only transferring one! At this point, I'm thinking that if NONE have ever taken, what are the chances that two would take now??

My husband is much more able to disconnect his feelings of loss and sadness at us not being able to get pregnant and his feelings of joy for our friends and family and their pregnancies and kids. I think it's because it's not his body that has the final say...
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KMP » Tue May 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Double post!
Last edited by KMP on Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby trying46 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:14 pm

KMP-I think alot of men are better at that...with the loss of dd last August, quite a few family and friends have gone on to have baby girls/expecting, and my husbands says he gets the pain of facing those people with joy for them (it usually takes me a week to get to point where I can face them with happiness) but is a constant reminder that I never got to be a mom to her or any other of my lost babies. Whatever the gender, I see tons of people not wanting their pregnancies or cannot afford the children they already have..because to them its a burden or resposibility and not a "gift".....and I know I have been more than blessed with my family, but I thought we were over the hurdle of infertilty only to struggle with multiple losses and now IVF.
trying46
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby unaffected » Wed May 25, 2011 6:08 am

Hi ladies! So sorry I've been so MIA. I've been busy, plus I've really been focusing on losing weight and exercising. But, I wanted to check in to let you ladies know that I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Sher last night.

My Natural Killer Cells are activated, and my blood sample tested positive for Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APA). This is an immunological issue. My consult last night was at 9:15 pm EST, so I didn't much time after to research. So, today I will be googling the hell out of my diagnosis, and see what I can find out.

Dr. Sher said that my protocol w/ him would be Intralipid + IVF. Apparently Intralipid has replaced IViG when it comes to treating immunological disorders. I wish I could explain both of those to you guys, but I only read a couple things and I am still really unsure. He made it sound like IVF was the only way I could get pregnant.

He also said that I qualify for their Micro-IVF package, due to my age and that we don't have any male factor issues or other problems. It's the same protocol as normal IVF, just costs less ($6250), but that doesn't include the Intralipid treatment.

So that's that! I cried after getting off the phone w/ him. I'm not exactly sure why. I know a part of me is definitely relieved to have an answer, but there was a tiny part of me that hoped we were just REALLY unlucky in the past and that there was still hope for a natural conception.

I apologize that this post is all about me, and that I've been such a piss poor buddy group member! Please know that I'm following along and reading up on you girls, I just haven't had much to add. <3
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby aleena » Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Paris Jen - where are you????? waiting for that u/s update!!!!

Kara - like you said... it's a relief and also a little disappointment to find out what is wrong. I'm sure you will reserach the issue and fill us in. I am very curious how that work and how it affects your fertility. And I'm also curious about the micro IVF. somebody mentioned it before and I had not idea what it was. $6500 sounds like a decent price. If my clinic would do it I would go for it instead of paying 20K for 6 IVF cycles.
Oh..and don't you think your not a good buddy in our group! this is not a responsibility but an outlet and a place to let it all out so don't feel like you have to be 'punctual' everyday.

KMP - IVF is definitely the least risk for multiples. However I totally understand the debate whether to transfer one or two in your situation.
I did not realize this would be your 5th! I must make a correction: FIFTH TIME THE CHARM..lol We might have our 5th in June...
you definitely don't have to attend baby events if you are not up to it! it's hard as hell and only we can understand it! my DH also gets around it way easier than me. some times I feel guilty for having "those feelings" especially when DH doesn't...

AFM - 6 dpo... had to run to the dollar store to get something for work and I couldn't help myself and bought 5 tests! I don't even want to get the cashiers's reaction.. Was a guy and he had to ask why I need sooo many... I also happend to by plastic cups and I felt like saying..."for the same reason I'm buying all these cups! I'm gonna pee in every single one of them and test! Dork!"
Anywhay... I tested! I can definitely take a BFN at this point..lol but I also think there might be smth on that tests... you know how the $ tests are...
Needless to say I am ready for the line to turn pink!!! I want my BFP and for a very strange reason I feel like I'm gonna get it!
I'm loosing it......lol
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby parisxmas » Wed May 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Girls!

So far ... NO FLUID!!!!!!

Hard to believe but so far, it looks good. Of course because we don't know where the fluid was coming from, I fear that it will sneak back in so far, but it was not there at my scan this morning with my RE.

Also, all 18 are growing so far, so let's see how many continue to grow and mature. This was the first appt since I started going that I actually felt optimistic when I left.

I had to order more meds today to try and be stocked for the holiday weekend. $770 for 2 days worth of Follistim. That brings us to about $5000 in med cost so far this cycle. I don't think that DH realizes that these meds are all out of pocket, and not covered in the IVF package with ARC.

I lower my morning dose of Follistim to 150 (down from 225) for the next 2 days, but add Menopur and ganirelix. I'm going to have to set an alarm to get up and do my meds before the kids wake up because I have 3 injections and the Menopur has to be mixed.

Kara - I'm sorry that IVF is your only option, but I'll admit that when I was reading your post, I actually felt like this was good news in a way. You now know how to get your baby!!!! If everything came back normal, they wouldn't have any answers for you.

Talia - I'm sorry that the struggle of infertility is taunting you. I hope that IVF works for you the first time and you are able to get your take home baby!

KMP - DH always says that what other people go through with getting pregnant or not, or how many kids they have has nothing to do with us and that I shouldn't mentally compare. It drives me nuts because I do! Almost every single one of my friends has had an unplanned pregnancy.

Aleena - I can't wait for you to start testing! Do you have a dpo in mind?
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby parisxmas » Wed May 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Aleena - We were posting at the same time! You have to post a picture of that test!!!!
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Kara: I totally understand your ambivilent feelings after your consult. I can imagine that you wanted answers no matter how unfortunate the answers would be, but at the same time you can only prepare yourself so much for bad news. I know it sounds unfortunate that he told you that IVF is your only option, but at least it IS an option and that he feels confidant it would work for you. Now you can stop wasting money on treatments that aren't doing you any good and get to the protocol that will work. Let us know more about your research. I keep hearing about immunological issues over and over from many different ladies, so it must be much more common than any of us are aware of. Good to know that the problem is found and that there's treatment for it. I'm really curious to see if that could be an issue for me as well...

Aleena: I love your optimism this cycle and cannot wait to have you start testing! I'm going to be stalking! I'm also so glad to hear that you are in a good place emotionally and feel ready to keep TTC after your loss.

Lisa: Sorry AF found you!!! Any more thoughts as to the next steps you are going to take? Thinking of going back to IVF? Hoping your new insurance helps out a lot!

Paris Jen: Hooray for fluid-free! You are sooo on your way from getting your IVF baby! Seems like things are cruising right along for you in this journey! I'm taking notes of your step by step process in case I have to go down that road. Unfortunately it sounds spendy, even with just meds alone so far! KUP!

KMP: I think it's a lot harder on us than on our DH's. Even though our DH's are involved and as eager as us to have our babies, it's just not the same. Like you said, it's our bodies going through this, not their's, and as a society we're much more emotional than they are. I agree, this process is hard and it's hard to be around other pregnant women or women who already have their perfect little family. Sorry you're going through this!

Talia: Oh no, we dont like cold feet from our Dh's! Hope you can rope him back in and convince him that you are meant to have another baby!! Continue on with those IVF plans and hopefully he'll jump on board!

gapeach: Sorry about the rough AF! As in AF isnt rough enouhg on a monthly basis, but then when an AF comes along that is heavier, crampier....that's just the pits. Hope she's out the door soon for you!!

Megan: I love that you told your parents that way, and I love their reaction!! Are you having any more betas or monitoring before your u/s on the 6th? Are you and DH still in cloud 9 or have you fully realized that you're gonna be a mommy in 8 months??!

Sorry to whoever I missed....my posts would only go back so far!

AFM: Still waiting waiting waiting. I have my 1:1 consult with my RE Friday morning, finally!! I've sent in all my paperwork and requested all my previous medical background from my RE's to go to Dr. Sher. I speak with him June 6. I'm hoping they have good news for me, but I'm also expecting and preparing myself for not so good news. Guess we'll see what they have to say and hopefully be able to get back to TTC next month. 3 months is a LONG break....
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

One last thing:

Besides the obvious question of "what the hell is going on", does anyone have other questions I should be asking my RE when I speak to him? Should I be asking about particular protocols we should be trying, particular medications I should be on, ways to lower LH/FSH, etc? Anyone have any ideas of what dx he could give me or what dx I should ask if I have in regards to the high hormone levels?
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups