One Wish * One Goal * One Day at a Time

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby megan6912 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

Paris- if you don't transfer this still counts as one of your ivf cycles you paid for right? What are the risks of transferring with the fluid? Just a bfn or would it harm the baby? If you have already paid for a cycle and the only risk is just not getting pregnant due to the fluid I'd say just do the transfer and see what happens.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby aleena » Tue May 31, 2011 1:37 pm

Paris Jen - oh man.... so sorry about the fluid... what a bummer! now...if they freeze and not tranfer you basically still have 6 transfers left, correct? I am soooo praying you have a fluid free cycle in the very near future.. That's not fair! I just wish there was something they could do about it or find it's cause and treat it...

KMP - can't believe you're so far in your cycle already! and yeah...stick the blue pills as far up as you can..lol They're a pain! I hate them! been on estrace for 2 cycles. it did help my lining though. not sure what you meant by the E2 level averaging 25-75. I thought it should be around 150-300 per mature follicle. but anyway I don;t think the estrogen produced by your own body will have anything to do with the artificial one from Estrace. When I was on estrace my E2 was 1600 with only a couple folies. It does make it to jump up but only as far as blood concentration and won't interfere with anything else. At leat that's what i think :) good luck!

Waiting Jen - are there any other REs in the area? he's a real jerk! I mean... come on! I am glad your b/w is better and very excited about your cosult with Dr. Sher! I don't really like my RE either but at least he listens to what I have to say. He is trying to push us towards IVF a lot though... I haven't seen him in a few months and mostly deal with the nurse who is a sweetheart.

Megan - what have you been up to momma?

Hi to everyone else! Don't have too much time today..work is hectic!

AFM - another failed cycle... I've been testing with ICs like crazy and getting excited about ghost lines but nothing has happened so moving on..
really really hoping AF shows no later than Thursday so we can proceed with our last IUI. I've already called the nurse and she ordered my meds. I will be doing injects only (Bravelle). Bad thing is they will be doing a crap load of monitoring... I have to go in every other day until day 7-8 then every day! I live over two hours away so it's a pain but it is what it is! Last one girls! no more IUIs for me after this!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Aleena- I really hope this works for you! With that much monitoring I'm sure something good will happen. :)

afm- I'm so nervous about my u/s on Monday. I just want to hear a heartbeat! Everything will be better once I hear that. I have started getting sick, but just nauseous nothing to bad. I have been waiting to feel pregnant cause then I'll know the lil guy is okay. After trying so hard I am just beyond freaked that something bad will happen. I think I will be an overprotective mom.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust2me » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 am

Paris Jen - I'm so sorry to hear that there's fluid in your uterus again. So are you just freezing the embryos this time? Is your RE going to try and figure out why you've got that fluid in there?

Aleena - Sorry to hear about the BFN but good luck with the new meds this coming month. That is a pain that you live so far away from the RE's office. Hopefully all that driving will be worth it!

KMP - The 112 E2 level - that was on day 3 right? That is a little higher than normal but if your RE isn't too concerned then I guess you shouldn't be either :dunno: As for your LH:FSH ratio, it isn't really out of whack. Plus fluctuations in your E2 levels can make your FSH fluctuate. Your E2 was a little high on CD3 which artifically supresses FSH - so my guess is your LH:FSH ratio is actually closer to 1:1 than the b/w is showing. When I did my CD3 b/w my LH was lower than my FSH but my E2 was only 21 so I suspect it was raising my FSH level. Anyway, I would definitely ask again about that TSH number. That does seem very low. Anyway you must have left for your meeting this morning. Did you get to do the IUI? Or at least BD?

Waiting Jen - I'm sorry your RE is being a pain! Is there another RE in your town you can go to? When's your consult with Dr Sher again? I hope you get some answers!

Megan - Good luck with your u/s next week! I hope everything goes well! I think it's perfectly normal to be so worried. And I think those of us that TTC for a while have it worse because we've wanted this for longer. Keep us posted!

AFM - I'm back at work after our little vacation. We had a really great time and there were no major problems with the Jeep so it was a good trip :D We were able to BD the night before we left but I really have no idea when I o'd so I don't know if I o'd early and we missed it or we had some decent timing. I'm OK being on a sort of break right now so I'm focusing on losing my weight to get ready for the beach! Also, my younger sister who is the mom to my 2 year old neice was talking about trying for baby #2 soon after they finished their house. They moved in a month ago so I've been pretty nervous about her telling me she's pregnant again. Well she told me yesterday that they're waiting a little while longer to try. Something about paying off some bills or something but it was a huge relief that I don't have to worry about her getting pregnant again before me for a while longer.
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby parisxmas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 am

Fluid decreased overnight to 2.7. RE is totally stumped. Considering freezing half and letting half mature for a possibly transfer next week. Also, I'm somehow close to OHSS. My numbers jumped like crazy and I now possibly have 18 follicles that will be ready for Friday morning retrieval. I'm on meds for OHSS and can only drink Gatorade and V8 for the next 8 days. Crazy roller coaster over here!
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:34 am

Jen/Paris - Geez! Talk about ups and downs. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm glad the fluid went down, but that is just so bizarre. When will you/your doctor decide what you are going to do this cycle? And if you do nothing this cycle, does it count as one of your 6?

Cassidy - Glad you enjoyed you vacation! I"m totally in the same boat as you... wanting to lose weight before the beach! Where are you guys going? Growing up, my grandparents lived in Baton Rouge, and had a beach house at Dauphin Island, AL. We went every summer, and I have such fond memories of the Gulf! We are going to Bald Head Island, SC this year. It's a little too uppity for my taste, but hey, it's the beach, right?!

Megan - I don't blame you for being nervous for your u/s, but I just KNOW everything will be fine! Please update us as soon as you can after the appt!

Aleena - Sorry you have been getting BFNs, but I'm excited for your next cycle already! Yikes @ the every other day monitoring. You are probably spending a TON on gas, huh??

KMP - I think your E2 actually sounds about right, honestly. And I always put the suppository as far as I could w/ a pre-seed applicator, just hoping that my body would absorb more and I would have less leakage. Not sure if that's even a logical thought, but w/e! :D

Jen/Waiting - What's new w/ you?! When is your consult w/ Dr. Sher?

That's all I can see in my topic review! Hi to EOE!

AFM - Not much new. I was totally gung-ho on heading out to Vegas in August, but before I book anything I want to at least see a doc closer to home. So I have a new patient consult w/ a doc in Pittsburgh on June 11. I'm hoping DH can go with me, so we can make a decision on what we want to do, and which doc we want to go with. Either way I'm pushing for an August IVF cycle, so that's exciting (and nerve-wracking!).
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby waitingtobemommy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Aleena: Sorry about BFN. I was sooo hoping this was your month. I really appreciate your optimism and outlook though...I think that will help you get your BFP. If AF arrives, are you doing one more IUI or are you done and waiting for IVF this summer?

Kara: That seems very smart, to at least get a 2nd opinion about IVF. It is a TON of money and commitment, so I think you're definitey taking the smart route by getting that 2nd opinion. And at least that consult is coming up soon so you dont have to wait too long. Definitely KUP with what this Dr says and what your decision will be.

Paris Jen: I dont know what to say other than "WTF?" I hope you and your Dr get some clarity soon and you can get a good sense of what steps to take next.

Cassidy: Isnt that an awful feeling to just wait for people to tell you they're pregnant? Though I know you would welcome another niece/nephew and would love them to death, I'm glad that you wont have to experience that for a while now that your sis is waiting a bit. Hopefully you have good news to share with her before she does with you! Glad you had a nice enjoyable weekend also!

AFM: Confused once again. So my consult with RE Friday was okay because he presented me with good news, although like I previously said, I dont care for him much at all. BUT, then Saturday AF arrived, a week early again. I went in for CD3 bloodwork and u/s and they found a small cyst on my ovary which freaked me out because I've never had a cyst, and they were concerned it would make my e2 too high. Fortunately my e2 was 80, so we're able to go forward with this cycle, but I asked my nurse about my cycles being so short the past couple months, as well as a very short AF, and once again she mentioned the concern about me being premenopausal. I'm just so frustrated and confused because it seems like one minute my blood is fine and menopause isnt a concern, but then the next minute the concern is still there. So confused!! Anyways, I'm doing Femara, Menopur, trigger, IUI, and then LP HCG this cycle. Hope it works!
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Jen - All of my cycles on injectibles were really short, I'm not sure if you recall. One was 21 days!! Dr. Sher thought perhaps my LH was out of whack, but then when we had our follow-up consultation, he didn't have my bloodwork yet from my CD3 testing, so he never mentioned anything about it. I feel like you and I are mirror images of each other!!
TTC#1 since 2007
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby waitingtobemommy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Kara: I havent done injects yet, so I dont know what in the heck is causing these short cycles. My last one was 19, and now this one was 21....crazy short!! I'm just hoping things get squared away soon. I'm so interested to see what Dr. Sher has to say about natural killer cells....maybe he'll think that's my issue as well. I speak with him Monday...so excited!
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012

waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabmommee » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 pm

HI Everyone!!!! Been massively MIA so I'll do personals little by little :)

Waiting Jen- Just like Kara said, my last cycle with IUI I did injects and AF showed up a few days early. :( You are doing a ton this cycle girlie! I hope this is it for ya :)

Kara- I'm excited to see how the appt goes with this new doc. Hopefully they are enough that you don't have to make the trek down to Vegas. Sooo excited for your IVF in August. Are you doing anything else in the meantime? How's the exercising and all that stuff going? (YOu did say that last time, didn't you??)

Paris Jen- goodness gracious girl..what is going on??? I really hope they can figure out what that fluid is. 18 is a ton of follies!!!!! I'll totally be lurking you and your progress.

Cassidy- so good to hear your mini vacation went well!

Megan- how r u??? Your #'s are fabulous! I can't wait to see pics of your u/s up!

Aleena- sorry girl for this cycle. I think major monitoring is great- I wish my RE office did that much monitoring..but your'e right- 2 hours is a looong way! I drive about an hour, I can't imagine driving any more! Hopefully this last one is the miracle one! FIngers crossed!!!

HI to EOE!!!

AFM- taking a break for awhile. Trying the alternative route- chinese medicine. My DH's family truly believes in this and I just found out 3 of his aunts had problems conceiving and they went to a CD and got preggo after a few months. I do have a ton of other medical problems so it'd be good to get all that taken care of. I'll still be around lurking like always. So- it's back to good 'ol time BD'ing. Hopefully we can get pg this way!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby KMP » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Aleena - I know...it snuck up on me too! My LP was only 13 days last cycle when it is usually 14-16 with some spotting, which was why they did the CD3 testing. My E2 skyrocketed to around 2000 once I got on the Estrace!! That is a tonne of monitoring they are having you do, and a crazy looooooong drive. I am very lucky to live only 15 minutes from my clinic. I think this may be our last IUI too...maybe one more...it only costs us $200 and we should be getting that back. I can't remember how much the Estrace was, but the trigger was $94 and the prometrium (ugh) was $30, all of which we should get back. We may do another IUI while saving for IVF.

Cassidy - I'm glad your vacation was good! I can totally relate as I'm always worried that my friends will be telling me they are pregnant with their second or third. Yes, that E2 measure was on CD3. I think everything is fine. We had sex on CD 7, 10, 11, 12 (trigger day), and IUI this morning (CD14). We'll try again tonight and maybe tomorrow too :D . Sorry if TMI, but has anyone else found Estrace makes things even more enjoyable? It's always fantastic with us, but twice this week, things felt different and AMAZING. Anyone??

Paris Jen - What a freakin' rollercoaster indeed!? The first cycle of IVF is often a crazy one trying to figure out appropriate stim levels, but I hope you are able to do the retrieval tomorrow. Who gets to decide - you or the doc?

Kara - thanks! I only had one little spot of purple/blue in my EWCM yesterday. Other than that, I haven't seen any! I hope you like the Pitt doc.

Waiting Jen - Crazy. I hope the cyst dissipates on its own.

Rachel - good luck!

Hi to everybody else.

Sorry so long, but AFM - IUI this morning with 3 follicles, 58 million swimmers and 100% motility. So, we're good there. My cervix DOES NOT like IUI, so it was quite painful and the nurse had to stop about 4 times because of the cramping. I've been on Estrace for the first time, and the nurse suggested Prometrium since we've worked to build up my lining with meds. I'm not looking forward to it based on your and other women's experiences, but whatever it takes, I'm willing to do.

My best friend brought me back a fertility idol from Ghana a few years back and I've decided to carry it around for the next two weeks. It can't hurt, right? :D This was the first IUI my husband has had to miss because he had a meeting this morning. I told him that I hope he doesn't mind if I'm thrilled that he missed the IUI that knocked me up! The nurse kept saying she was pulling for two babies. I said one was good and she apologized for aiming at two follicles...I love the nurses at my clinic!

So, I'll be having my first beta (never had one before!) on the 16th...just in time for Father's Day...wouldn't that be amazing!?!
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby parisxmas » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 am

Surgery went well. Very tired. 16 eggs retrieved. So far no fluid.
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am

Woot woot!! Good luck Jen!!!!
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012

waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Started a new thread for us, ladies!!

http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/mo ... c&t=175881
TTC#1 since 2007
FET#3 - BFP!
It's a boy!
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups