December 2011 DDC - Angel Mommas

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby want2bamommy24 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Theresa - I have had bladder and UTIs before and they can be sooo uncomfortable. Make sure to call the doc to get on an antibiotic right away or it can spread up the urinary tract to the kidney and then it gets painful. Cystex helps some with just the uncomfortable symptoms until the antibiotic kicks in. My OBGYN doesn't even need to see me when I get one now...I just call and they get me an antibiotic! Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't get too bad....also, make sure to drink TONS of water so that you actually have something to go when you go.:)

Steph - I agree with Theresa about temping vaginally...much easier. I wouldn't change your temp though...I would mark "sleep deprived" in your chart though...will give you an open circle which will help you to remember that it may not have been an accurate temp. Really hoping we both get BFPs!!

Kim - We are always here to listen. As you can probably tell from some of my previous posts, this journey is up and down. Even after 3+ years of this, I still have good and bad days. I don't really have any close friends that have been through all this. Even those that have had a miscarriage, all have other healthy kids and didn't really have the infertility issues I have, so I always use the Internet as an outlet. You've got to get it out somewhere.:)

Crystal - KUP where you are in your cycle and what happens with your MD and the lap!:)

AFM - Not much new to report. Tomorrow will be 8DPO, and it is funny, but I am not really tempted to test at all. In past cycles, I have started testing super early. I think I am just so jaded sometimes that this is going to happen in any sort of quick timeframe.:) I am just hoping that AF doesn't take forever to come so we can meet with the RE and get a plan in place! I do NOT want to do this naturally for another year. If the endo is causing the infertility, then we are either getting a lap done or doing IUI/IVF to bypass the endo. I know that I am still young, but it's been 3.5 years, so something is CLEARLY wrong.:) Women my age are supposed to get PG within 6 months of TTC!! Ugh. Anyway, that's my rant for this evening...thanks for tuning in.:)

Hope everyone has a great week! :D
Me (Jamie) - 30, DH - 31
DS born 7.10.12 via IVF after 4 years TTC!!

ImageApril 30, 2010 (10 weeks), ImageApril 30, 2011 (7 weeks)
want2bamommy24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Mon May 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Ugh Jamie...Wow, I don't know how I missed you have been trying for 3.5 yours!!! How fustrating. I wish I knew more about endo and how it effected fertility but I don't. I am so excited for you to see what the RE says. I hope he/she can give you a clear plan.

Whatever I have has been there since last week. It hasn't gotten any worse. Its not really painful....almost an ichy irritated feeling. No burning or pain when urinating. I know its not a yeast infection. All too familiar with those. I have never had anything like this. You still think this could be a UTI? I have been taking a holistic type antibotic. Hate taking antibotics but would if absolutely necessary.
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fawkes » Mon May 30, 2011 9:03 pm

When I feel myself getting a uti, I take or drink cranberry juice. I used to get them frequently when I was a kid and was threatened to get a catheter to see what was going on. I was told to drink it and it really helps. If you don't like the juice, there are pills. For me a jug over the course of two to three days does the trick.

I definitely use the forums as an outlet for these struggles, none of my IRL friends have been through this, none have had a miscarriage, and all of them conceived within 3 months of thinking of TTC, one while in birth control too! They listen, but they say all the things that just drive me crazy because they just don't get it. No matter how much I relax, I will not just end up pregnant!!!!!

Bilson, I'd throw the temp out. One missing temp won't mess up the big picture. I think in the TWW, temps aren't that important, so if you miss one, it's usually not a biggie.

As of late, I've hardly been temping, after 2+ years, I've learned my body pretty well and I can tell when I'm gearing up to o. My cm is the biggest sign and sometimes I use opks to back up my suspicions. Then I might take one or two temps in the tww to be sure. This time around TTC #2 I thought I'd take a less obsessed route in hopes I'd get pregnant faster, a lot of good that did me!!!

Well doctor appointment is tomorrow evening, 430 est. I'll update when I get back. I think he is going to do a vagional ultrasound and probably tell me everything looks great. Which is good. I'm going to mention the endo again and see what he says. Last time he suggested three months of birth control, I'm not sure I want to do that. I hate the idea of missing an opportunity.

I was wondering, my opks NEVER get dark, which makes me wonder about my quality of egg, I have no idea if they are related though. I mean, I got pregnant though, I did have a more painful ovulation this last cycle and we have made a few diet changes, which may or may jot have helped. It's hard to be sure.

I wish he could just give me a drug that would fix everything and then bam, pregnant!

Oh and I don't have my ticker up, but I'm around CD 12? I'm not that sure, plus I'm not really sure when to start my cycle since the bleeding has been SO strange.
Crystal | Jonathan :hb: | Addison Elizabeth 1/7/2010 | Lydia Rose 9/10/2012
My FF chart

Best Advice: "Just be you. She will love you no matter what." - From my mother.
Fawkes
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Fawkes » Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 am

Hope you girls are doing well today. It's my first day back at work after a week long vacation and a long weekend. I'm not too happy to be here!
My FF chart

Fawkes
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Fittblonde » Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 am

Crystal. Its always so hard to get back into the work routine after time off. Good luck at the doctors today. I have to go for a mammogram today. Keep having to cancel and want to get it out of the way before I get pregnant again.

Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 am

Hi all,

Theresa my mum also swear by cranberry juice for uti's so hopefully that will help and you wont need antibiotics!Hope ur apt goes ok!

Crystal- hope apt goes well today- ive just got back from being away too and its hard to get back into normality!!

I had an awful nights sleep mainly due to af being quite heavy and insomnia (hormone related im sure!) hoping for a better sleep tonight!

sorry for dashing off- dinner to cook!back to normality indeed!

me:kim 27
two angel babies
one princess
Baby boy born 5 weeks early but at home safe and sound!
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 am

ps thanks theresa for avatar help :D

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

Lol! That's for the help ladies. I never drink juice of any kind..I sound like a snob...lol. Will have to call my nutritionist to see what I can take that mimics cranberry juice. Must be something in the cranberry. I drink about 2 gallons of water a day so I know I get a lot of fluid.

Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

not snobby at all theresa maybe you could just eat loads of cranberries instead my avatar keeps disappearing!grr how annoying!!

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

not snobby at all theresa maybe you could just eat loads of cranberries instead my avatar keeps disappearing!grr how annoying!!

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fawkes » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

I know they have it in pill form.

Ugg, my appointment is in 1 1/2 hours. NOT looking forward to going. I'm leaving work in about 10 minutes.
My FF chart

Fawkes
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Fittblonde » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

My husband just picked me up some condensed cranberry in a pill form plus another supplement to help with a UTI. If not better by friday then I will call.

Good luck Crystal.

Kim...does your avatar appear in your profile page? I can see mine when I posted the code in the avatar section.

Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Hope the pills do the trick Theresa :) my avatar hasnt appeared on profile but it 'accepted the code' but earlier it appeared when I replied to a post but then disappeared again hmm

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Tue May 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hope the apt goes ok crystal x

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Kim..is it sized appropriately? It should appear in the avatar window of your profile page. If it's too big it wil accept the code and the photo won't appear