December 2011 DDC - Angel Mommas

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby kizziedee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 am

Well i spoke to soon about my girlie weekend- i saw one of my good friends today who is also going and she she told me she is almost 12 weeks pregnant- a week behind what i would have been. For some reason this makes me feel worse because every scan and every milestone shouldve been mine too. we would have had our lo together but instead im going to have to hear and watch her grow as i should have been. Just when you think you feel ojk but it all something like this happens! The exact same thing happened after my first loss, my friend announced her pregnancy and we were a week apart. My friend said she didnt know how to tell me- its not her fault but i still feel like the wind has been knocked out of me. I gave her a big hug and put on a big smile but secretky wanted to cry and shout 'its not fair!' Its not that i dont want to see her as she is a good friend and i am happy for her but we are quite a tight knit group of friends so its going to be the topic of a lot of conversations. I cant curb her happiness just because of my sadness but dear me i could do without it :( so what would have been the weekend where i was going to announce my bump to my girlmates is now a weekend where someone else will :( i feel really sad right now. in fact you know what im going to have a cry about it! then i'll pick myself up like i always do xx

me:kim 27
two angel babies
one princess
Baby boy born 5 weeks early but at home safe and sound!
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 am

what should i do? ok so ive got this girlie night booked and one of them is almost 12 weeks along (the one i meantioned in above post) and its going to be tough talking about baby stuff especially with the new news etc- should i still go? should i just man up? im paying quite a lot to go but wont lose any money if i dont go. the other thing is ive been invited away by university pals on the same weekend- should i go with them instead? i know that none of them are pg or trying. am i being silly? i want to protect myself duringa fragile time but at the risk of disappointing my friends and upsetting my newly pregnant friend. eugh. what would you do?

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kizziedee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Me (again!) I've decided to go on the weekend. She's my friend after all and I'm sure she'll be sensitive. And if not I'll just deal with it. One day it will be my turn again. I have to remember all of the good things I have. A friend told me today that she cried when I had my DD as she had been trying for her second for 15 months- it just shows in life that one persons happiness can bring sadness :( hope everyone is ok today? x

two angel babies
one princess
kizziedee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby want2bamommy24 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Kim - I think it is a good idea that you are going. While it will be hard, those are the kind of weekends that you cannot get back. If you didn't go, you may regret it some day. I totally understand where you are coming from though...those situations are tough.

AFM - Spotting more today....was hoping to actually have some red flow so that I could call to get my CD3 bloodwork scheduled, but to no avail. I usually have maybe one day of spotting, so this two days of spotting is new, but since this is a weird cycle because of the miscarriage anyway, I am okay with it. It would be PERFECT if the bleeding started on Saturday because I have Mondays off from work, so I wouldn't have to use vacation time to get my bloodwork done. FX things work out!:)
Me (Jamie) - 30, DH - 31
DS born 7.10.12 via IVF after 4 years TTC!!

ImageApril 30, 2010 (10 weeks), ImageApril 30, 2011 (7 weeks)
want2bamommy24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby want2bamommy24 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm

P.S. We are going to be needing to start a new thread soon since we are on page 19! Anyone good at web design stuff and know how to design some headers??
Me (Jamie) - 30, DH - 31

want2bamommy24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flipflop1117 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:22 pm

want2bamommy24 wrote:P.S. We are going to be needing to start a new thread soon since we are on page 19! Anyone good at web design stuff and know how to design some headers??

I can try and play with some designs tomorrow at work if it's not too crazy. I will read and do personals then, too. We were out of town all weekend and Jax has been off schedule and my house has been a wreck so I have been crazy busy :( I miss you ladies and promise to catch up tomorrow on munch break!

If we get to 20 pages and get locked out before I can post a new thread, you can quote my OP on the first page, and then just COPY/PASTE the text into the new thread and it should all stay the same. I will try and watch with my Droid, and pop on later if the boy actually sleeps tonight :?
"And maybe that's what my scars really are...proof I've put myself back together." ~ Carrie Ryan
Jaxon Russel 3~15~10, Alexa Leigh 10~11~12
flipflop1117
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flipflop1117 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Welcome Crystal :)
"And maybe that's what my scars really are...proof I've put myself back together." ~ Carrie Ryan
flipflop1117
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bilson » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Kim...totally understand your little situation..I'm going to see my pg friend on Saturday....she is due in august...we had planned to be pg together and raise our kids together...I know it will still happen for me...but not in the timing that I was hoping for...plus she and her husband tried one cycle! This will be the first time I see her since the miscarriage...

Jamie...Hoping for a nice flow....or no flow...teehee! Either way.resolution....is coming soon:)

AFm...just waiting out the weekend...then should see AF on monday! Hoping not to...my last bfp did not show til 14 dpo...so not rushing on early testing...
Me (32) DH (32), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
TTC #1 since May 2010 (more like NTNP), seriously trying since Dec 2010
Image (Apr. 2011 - 5-6 weeks)

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Fittblonde » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Kim....I am glad you are going but I was going to say that now is the time to be selfish. You have been through a lot and you could have bowed out gracefully and no one would even have to know the reason why. However only you know how much you can handle. I just believe that every time we go through something hard in life it just makes us stronger and able to handle difficult situations that much better. I could write a book on how many shitty things have happen to me (I bet we all could!). However, I feel like I am a stronger woman today because of it all.

Jamie....hope that you actually start a flow instead of just all this spotting. What does the doctor say if it doesn't turn into a flow. Will they still proceed with the testing? I can't remember if I actually got a normal period after my last miscarriage.

Steph....well I will be looking at the boards closely on Monday to see what happens with you :D

Hi Everyone else. Hope you had a great day.

Nothing new on my end. Just a busy day at work and now I am at home relaxing....
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby want2bamommy24 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Well, ladies...AF made her appearance tonight. It is definitely red blood, so I am going to call today CD1. I put a call in to the doctor and left a message for them to call me back tomorrow because that puts CD3 on Saturday. :? Not sure what they will do about that...maybe make me go to the hospital to get the labs drawn? I don't really know...this is all new to me! Feels good to have a little resolution though....and feeling excited and optimistic about the future.

One question...should I be worried that my LP was only 9 days? I am trying to tell myself that it wasn't a normal cycle because it was a miscarriage cycle, but I have never had a LP that short, and it still makes me a little uncomfortable that it was so short. I shouldn't worry about that, right? Nothing feels normal about this cycle, so I hope my labs aren't affected by it. I usually get sore BBs and really bloated, and I haven't had any of that. I spotted for two days which is really weird for me. I don't even really have any cramps yet, which is TOTALLY different for me....usually in the fetal position on the floor by now!:)
Me (Jamie) - 30, DH - 31

want2bamommy24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I am sure your OB will make the proper arrangements so that you can get your blood taken. I looked on my last miscarriage chart and my LP was only 10 days. I think you can't look at this cycle as normal so anything goes!!! Good luck on your blood work. Hope you get good numbers back.
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bilson » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 am

Jamie...yay for AF...hopefully you can figure out the blood work thing...aren't there any labs that have Sat. hours? Your doc should be able to tell you that. Or maybe that's a Canadian thing ? Fx that you get in and get that cd 3 work done!

I know what you mean with the lack of pre-AF symptoms....I ALWAYS have sore bbs before and nothing! Hopefully the short lp is not a pattern! I was thinking I might have a defect....because I was always spotting 3 days before AF... :? Something I would def ask about though.

AFm...think I see a little bit of pink in my cm today...looks like the beginning of my usual pre-AF spotting...
Me (32) DH (32), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
TTC #1 since May 2010 (more like NTNP), seriously trying since Dec 2010
Image (Apr. 2011 - 5-6 weeks)

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby flipflop1117 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 am

Kim....I am glad you are going but I was going to say that now is the time to be selfish. You have been through a lot and you could have bowed out gracefully and no one would even have to know the reason why. However only you know how much you can handle. I just believe that every time we go through something hard in life it just makes us stronger and able to handle difficult situations that much better. I could write a book on how many shitty things have happen to me (I bet we all could!). However, I feel like I am a stronger woman today because of it all.

I agree with this. My sister got pregnant with her second right after my 4th loss and I was sickened (mostly due to her lack of parental skills with her first - she's awful, I'll leave it at that) I didn't understand how someone like her could accidentally get another baby when I couldn't purposefully get one. But, my kid I great and hers in an asshole (hee hee) so maybe there is some justice after all :mrgreen:

Bilson - fingers crossed and BFP dust for you. I'll be staking Monday!!!

Want2 - BOOO for AF but I am glad since it means you can get your CD 3 bloodwork in (most labs cater to Saturday CD3s)

Fitt - glad you are at home relaxing but I am JEALOUS

Have to keep it short... boss is over my shoulder 1000x a minute today. Took forever trying to sneak this in.

I'm due for AF any day, tested BFN, so we'll see what kind of cycle this turns out to be.

Any ideas on a banner for the new thread? My lack of sleep has left me with no creativity LOL
flipflop1117
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flipflop1117 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 pm

flipflop1117
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC Buddy Groups